Easiest class/powers to get for easiest insanity playthrough?

izzy meli

im about to start insanity playthrough as it will net me the full gamerscore but its damn hard and need the best class/powers for that class to make it easier to finish (i even got frustrated on casual playthrough parts) lol

Posted from Xbox360achievements.org App for Android

Vanguard.

Biotic Charge -> Nova -> Biotic Charge -> Nova ... Done ;)

This. I played through ME1 and just tried everything out and found the vanguard to be awesome. Although I tend to make sure I have engineer-esque team mates to ensure they can overload and I can simply use pull every few seconds. Helps a lot, especially when you're being overrun by husks.

it's been a long time since I finished Insanity, so my memory might be a bit off...

for the Team, I remembered there being parts where no matter who I took with me, they were pretty much useless (dying over and over and over... and over and over and over) ...

for some missions I'd take Tank-characters like Vega, Ashley/Kaidan...

other missions I'd take EDI for her utility (her Overload and Incinerate can deal with everything, armor, shields and barriers) ... but she dies pretty easily.

one good idea is to watch a youtube insanity-run of the next mission before going in, so you know what you'll be facing.

also, figure out early what weapon you want to use and stick with it... basically, use your credits wisely.

If you think you can beat it on insanity after struggling on casual, then best of luck to you.

He/She will get there sooner or later. I wouldn't be so negative.

Mass Effect really isn't hard to complete on insanity. Just try to get a feel for what works for you with the level-up system before spending points. Checkpoints are given fairly often, so you shouldn't have issues, even if it does mean trial and error.

If you think you can beat it on insanity after struggling on casual, then best of luck to you.

I dunno, I can imagine some poor choices artificially increasing the difficulty of the game..

1: don't import an ME2-max-level character (or go new game>new character) .. you'll start at level 1 with only one power, and obviously no upgraded guns.

2: some guns look and sound awesome, but are completely gimped functionally. use one of those.

2.1: try to upgrade them all at the same time, instead of sticking with one weapon.

2.2: equip all weapon-slots, because you never know... 200% cooldown.

3: when you level up, pick the wrong powers and/or choose a useless evolution. this applies to your squad as well.

4: pick the squadmates with the least compatability with your class.

5: forget to use your powers when you do eventually get them.

Imagine fighting a Banshee or a Nemesis with gimped weapons, gimped powers, and gimped squadmates.

i found either infiltrator or engineer to be the best classes for me. cloaking makes sticky situations easier and makes snipers do a ton of damage.

and with engineer, i would pick inferno grenade as my bonus power. then i would evolve it to have higher impact radius and then evolve overload to jump to up to 3 targets. throw a grenade into a crowd, they burn, then hit one of them with overload and as it jumps you get a fire/tech explosion(cant remember which) each with a damaging blast radius each time. its like fireworks. then i made sure i had a powerful weapon with the piercing mod for cerberus guardians. was a fairly easy playthru.

Personally I played through Insanity on both an Adept and an Engineer and both were a breeze. Adept with the biotic explosions galore for huge damage potential, and Engineer with Cryo + Incinerate to blow the mob to frozen pieces... plus the turret and drone for good crowd control and damage. Those were by far the easiest and best playthroughs for me.

As for party, I tend to use Garrus a *lot* because he is just plain awesome, and his sniper shots with black widow hit like a train. For the Adept I used either Liara or Javik for setting up and detonating a lot more biotic explosions in succession. For Engineer either Liara if I needed a biotic or James with shotgun for the heavy artillery and survivability.

That's not to say Infiltrator isn't awesome, but for my play style that was actually one of the hardest insanity runs for me. But I am not good at aiming and tend to rely on powers more than shooting. So my play style the adept and engineer worked a lot better.

I finished my insanity play-through last night, and aside from one or two slightly nervy moments, I really didn't find it that hard.

I continued my Sentinel character on NG+, with everything except Lift Grenade maxed out. My squad was always (with the exception of forced character missions) Liara and Garrus. Liara's Singularity ability was great for dealing with groups of basic enemies; throw it down in the middle of them then spam Throw to detonate. Garrus' Overload helped with shields and barriers, in conjunction with my own, and his damage output with a Widow X/Black Widow X is awesome.

I prefer to sit back and manage my squad's powers, using my own to detonate. So much so, that I barely used my weapon the entire game. Cryo Blast is great against Brutes as it slows them down as well as damaging their armour. Plus you can detonate it for a Tech Burst. I made sure to speak to EDI lots so I could unlock Defense Matrix, and took this as my bonus power. This was a must, as it got me out of a tight spot on more than one occasion.

I found the trick to be to always to stay in cover, because your shields go down fast and manage your squad's powers. Once you encounter mobile enemies like Phantoms, Brutes and Banshees, make sure you keep moving, but always keep an eye on the foot soldiers, as they can catch you in a lethal crossfire. Taking my time and choosing my targets, I only died about 5 or 6 times in my entire play-through. Once, because I was too slow to react after the Kai Leng opening cutscene in Cerberus HQ, twice by the end Husks/Marauder Shields, and one or two other times where I stupidly left cover for too long.

I found the most challenging part to be the third wave on Priority: Earth, solely because there are so many Marauders and Cannibals. Without them, the Banshees would be easy pickings. The final Kai Leng fight can be made extremely easy by taking Liara with you. As soon as the Assault Troopers drop in, before they get a chance to move, cast a Singularity in the middle of them and then detonate. Then all you need to do is keep running from Kai Leng and the Phantoms, manage your squad, and revive as necessary.

I finished my insanity play-through last night, and aside from one or two slightly nervy moments, I really didn't find it that hard.

I continued my Sentinel character on NG+, with everything except Lift Grenade maxed out. My squad was always (with the exception of forced character missions) Liara and Garrus. Liara's Singularity ability was great for dealing with groups of basic enemies; throw it down in the middle of them then spam Throw to detonate. Garrus' Overload helped with shields and barriers, in conjunction with my own, and his damage output with a Widow X/Black Widow X is awesome.

I prefer to sit back and manage my squad's powers, using my own to detonate. So much so, that I barely used my weapon the entire game. Cryo Blast is great against Brutes as it slows them down as well as damaging their armour. Plus you can detonate it for a Tech Burst. I made sure to speak to EDI lots so I could unlock Defense Matrix, and took this as my bonus power. This was a must, as it got me out of a tight spot on more than one occasion.

I found the trick to be to always to stay in cover, because your shields go down fast and manage your squad's powers. Once you encounter mobile enemies like Phantoms, Brutes and Banshees, make sure you keep moving, but always keep an eye on the foot soldiers, as they can catch you in a lethal crossfire. Taking my time and choosing my targets, I only died about 5 or 6 times in my entire play-through. Once, because I was too slow to react after the Kai Leng opening cutscene in Cerberus HQ, twice by the end Husks/Marauder Shields, and one or two other times where I stupidly left cover for too long.

I found the most challenging part to be the third wave on Priority: Earth, solely because there are so many Marauders and Cannibals. Without them, the Banshees would be easy pickings. The final Kai Leng fight can be made extremely easy by taking Liara with you. As soon as the Assault Troopers drop in, before they get a chance to move, cast a Singularity in the middle of them and then detonate. Then all you need to do is keep running from Kai Leng and the Phantoms, manage your squad, and revive as necessary.

I had a Sentinel like yourself and used Defense Matrix as the bonus power for the same reason as yourself. I died more times than you because I did not use cover much and was more cavalier and sometimes for got to use Defense Matrix because I was hoping my shields would recover and preferred to go on offensive.

My squad mates that I used most was Liara and Javik and went heavy for biotic explosions with Liaras Warp and my Throw and Javiks Dark Channel and my Throw. If they were to both go down I would use my Warp and Throw so I could continue using Biotic explosions. I thought I would use my Overload more against shields, but noticed that Biotic explosions were better more of the time because they helped take down enemies that surrounded the larger enemies. Javik Dark Channel was great, if you detonate with your Throw and it killed the enemy, it would jump to the closest other enemy and you could detonate with Throw again and so on. With the foot soldiers it sometimes was only used once and I could wipe them all out with Throw.

I had 200% cooldown and had the power amplifier added to my weapons. I hardly ever used my weapon as the Biotics were so much more effective.

Another reason I had the Sentinel was because I had the Tech armour which was always on for the damage reduction and added with the Defense Matrix damage reduction and purging which fully boosted my shields, it gave me a playthrough that enabled me to go more open and less reliant on cover.

I did not use Medi Gel at all for the reason it helped me get more XP to boost my character level up faster. By the time I hit the max level 60 I still didn't use it from the habit I started and did not really miss it.

Guest Scotty

might as well throw in my opinion too, seeing as everyone else is:p

i played Insanity, on ME2 and 3 as an Infiltrator. a very powerful class, IMO, if you use a sniper. the tactical cloak is a life saver and can easily get you out of sticky situations.

i didn't struggle on a single part of the game on Insanity(relatively speaking, and except for the frickin' marauder at the end:rolleyes:) with my Infiltrator.

another thing to consider is your team-mates. i used james, who when upgraded properly is the best tank on the game, and i gave him the grenade launcher assault rifle(forgot it's name) and i would generally take garrus too, with the same assault rifle and you just destroy everything.

• 3 weeks later...