The remote to end all remotes

daveyboy 445

http://www.logitech.com/assets/26419/26419.png

Logitech Harmony 650

This baby

a) powers on my 360, surround system & television at the touch of 1 button

b) has a screen that lights & backlit buttons

c) powers all individual components & settings on my system--360 surround sound system, television, direct tv box, cd/dvd functions of 360

d) attempts (and succeeds) in repairing any problems in programmed settings & ultimately asks if the problem has been fixed

e) switches on by palm pressure/heat (not sure which)

f) turns off all switched on components at the touch of a button

g) performs the functions of 3 remotes (one for tv, one for surround, one for direct tv box) and controls all functions for 360 controller menus/dashboard

What are you using....

Cool remote and all but can it do what my remote does, change discs? Fetch a coke out the fridge? Or even answer ur door? Nooo well get ur self a kid! Ofc it will take ya 3 years maybe 2 and a bit years to train but once that done ur sorted. I keep mine feed on the wishes that he gets to keep his bike and time on minecraft.

I've got an 885 although it's on it's last legs after being attacked by a toddler too many times. I upgraded from a 610 which I've kept as a spare. I'd definitely get another; if you have a lot of AV kit they are a god send.

I think remotes these days are too complicated.

Yup, they definitely suffer from feature overload!

wow! thats sweet. :D

i'd love it but i bet its a pain in the arse to set up with everything especially the xbox

The software is actually pretty good, though not perfect. You download a profile for each piece of kit & if you like you can customise it too. You can even learn from an existing remote.