FOOLPROOF ringleader method

CutmanMike

Okay this achievement was driving me crazy so I tried messing with the AI to try and get him to make this easier. I developed this method while playing on the feeding area map. I'll go over this in steps to make it as easy as possible.

1) Start a match on the feeding area map with gentle AI. Both playing as Ironheade.

2) Take the tower on the right first (not the two past the big worm). I tend to use 2 razorgirls and a thunderhog for this. Double team to take out the fake eddie and anything else that tries to take out the tower.

3) Defend this until you can upgrade the stage. Leave your troops there and summon up some fire barons. Keep beating down the fake eddie and any troops that attack your tower while you wait for the upgrade/barons.

4) Tell the fire barons to take the two towers after the worm pit. Check on both teams during this time. Usually the AI will try to stop you taking the two towers if you have any units near them. Stop anyone who dares attempt this (the worm should help).

5) When you have the towers send all units back to the stage (if the worm kills the barons, that's okay just spawn some more).

6) Kill off two fire barons from the squad so you have one on their own (you don't want the others stealing kills).

7) Okay here's where the magic happens. The AI should try to take the tower on the right. If he hasn't upgraded his stage (when I did it, he had but this still worked) he should send head banger waves over to destroy the tower. From here you should keep summoning thunder hogs to go defend the tower.

8) The headbangers should be distracted by the thunderhogs and it will take them a long time to take them down AND the tower, which means the fake eddie will keep summoning headbanger units to take down the tower.

9) Eventually the tower WILL fall. At this point there should be well over 15 head bangers around the destroyed tower. Hop on the fire baron and drive over there.

10) From the right side of the lane activate the fire and you should be able to a whole group of headbangers sitting around in one spot. :)

Did you keep your troops near the left towers that you captured? If you do the AI always sends troops that way. I don't think he ever split the AI with me but any troops that were sent that way I must have just dealt with myself.

Oh and my friend tells me another method, if you're willing to overwrite your singleplayer data. On the last battle with the drowning doom, the very first wave is a ton of gravediggers. He got the achievement from that wave alone. Just upgrade the stage at the start and get the fire barons out.

Oh and my friend tells me another method, if you're willing to overwrite your singleplayer data. On the last battle with the drowning doom, the very first wave is a ton of gravediggers. He got the achievement from that wave alone. Just upgrade the stage at the start and get the fire barons out.

Now that was some great advise. Worked the second time I tried it. THX mate!!

This is so much easier to get in the Campaign than in Multiplayer. Replay the mission where you obtain the Fire Barons (the first appearance of Drowned Doom). After the cutscene plays where the Fire Barons show up, there will always be the rather large group of enemies right nearby. Hop on your new Fire Barons and drive around them. WAY easier than anything I've read here.

I figured if you're playing the campaign anyway, and you remember my tip, you might as well just do it at that point in the story. You can't really mess it up as long as you know when to do it. And if you don't have any friends that play Brutal Legend and / or can't set up a match with someone from the forums it's pretty much your best choice...

This is definitely one of the easier ones to do against the AI though. Painkiller and Euthanasia were a nightmare for me trying to get the stupid AI to cooperate. I just barely did Painkiller today, the Achievement popped just as the Crusher exploded.

This is so much easier to get in the Campaign than in Multiplayer. Replay the mission where you obtain the Fire Barons (the first appearance of Drowned Doom). After the cutscene plays where the Fire Barons show up, there will always be the rather large group of enemies right nearby. Hop on your new Fire Barons and drive around them. WAY easier than anything I've read here.

That's the one. My friend said it was the last battle with the Drowning Doom, he must have meant the first. :confused:

The way that I managed to get it was on multiplayer. First I just built up a load of headbangers (the more troops you build, the more your enemy will build.) then when I flew Eddie over the enemy base to check how many enemies were there, I flew back, got on the Fire baron and raced off to the enemy stage.

Now comes the little trick to help get the achievement. Before you actually reach the enemy stage, start laying down a ring of fire, so by the time I reached the enemies, I already had a fair bit of the ring down. Then just ride around them and finish the ring.

The first time I tried this it worked. Every time I'd tried laying a ring before that failed because I started the ring just as I reached the enemies rather than a little before.

• 6 months later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/487/s42.jpg Ringleader 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Trapped 15 enemies in one ring of fire with the Fire Baron's Double Team

Why doesn't the current guide specify this?

It mislead me to believe that you have to do this in a stage battle on Feeding Area map. I spent hours trying for this achievement.

So I search the forums for other advice, and I found this thread. So I try it on the Sea Of Black Tears chapter in the campaign, and I unlocked it on my first try with the first group of gravediggers.

So thanks for the thread, and thanks for the other suggestions.

Brutal Legend 1000G

Edited by E vee dub

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/487/s42.jpg Ringleader 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Trapped 15 enemies in one ring of fire with the Fire Baron's Double Team

So I search the forums for other advice, and I found this thread. So I try it on the Sea Of Black Tears chapter in the campaign, and I unlocked it on my first try with the first group of gravediggers.

I just want to confirm something with doing things this way. When you go into the chapter menu and choose an old chapter it says your saved progress will be erased. What exactly does this mean in the context of this game? will my save be reverted back to that point in the game or is it basically resetting the recorded time it took you to beat that stage the first time?

• 4 years later...