Game with Gold??

adbailey18

I'll get it, but will probably not start it.

Was the original of this the pool game with the incredibly long ranking up achievement, or am I thinking of something else.

I have the original, its not a bad game but the achievement list is hell. Each match you play in each tournament has 3 side objectives (like pot x balls in a row, win without losing a frame, use a certain shot ect) and you have to get all 298 side objectives for one of the achievements.

Another set of achievements is for the Endurance mode which is constantly potting balls for a certain amount of time (up to 20 minutes) one of the achievements in that list was pot 50 balls in a row.

I gave up after about 3 achievements.

I have the original, its not a bad game but the achievement list is hell. Each match you play in each tournament has 3 side objectives (like pot x balls in a row, win without losing a frame, use a certain shot ect) and you have to get all 298 side objectives for one of the achievements.

Another set of achievements is for the Endurance mode which is constantly potting balls for a certain amount of time (up to 20 minutes) one of the achievements in that list was pot 50 balls in a row.

I gave up after about 3 achievements.

i completely forgot about the original until i read this post and i immediately remembered the endurance achievement...lol

i never came anywhere close to getting all of the achievements but it was a fun game

in my old age i am not all that concerned with 100%'ing games anymore especially since it's commonplace for games to get to 2000 or more gamerscore with dlc nowadays...i wish xbox had something like playstation has with their platinum trophies for 100% completion on the initial retail release

but i digress...the achievement list will most likely be hell but i'll grab it just for something different to play every now and then

Anyone know if this will have UK Pool game type? Red/Yellow balls etc

Yes it does! This game features a handful of game modes. The few I remember are: 8 Ball / 9 Ball / 8 Ball (UK) / Snooker.

There's other game modes though. This game is a whole lot of fun! Especially when you have friends over for beer night! Just hang out and take turns online or if you have a second controller, you could play head to head. The achievements are a bonus!