Freezing issues?

icypinksmurf

Hey guys, since I've gotten home I've been having terrible freezing problems. Specifically I hear a screeching noise (from the TV, not the 360) and then the screen distorts (becomes pixelated) itself and it's frozen. I have never had any problems with MW2, and the disc is immaculate. In fact I played this morning without any issues and before I went to bed. Have any of you had this same problem? Is there a fix? Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Edited by icypinksmurf

Alright, scratch that. It's something with my box, it did the exact same thing at the dashboard. Anybody?

Oh, and this should probably be moved to General Xbox 360? I'm not entirely sure on that one... Can any mod please move this to the correct forum so I can get some help please?

Edited by icypinksmurf

Hopefully it won't be RROD but some say it's a sign that it's approaching.

It happens to me too but only with MW2 when i play online. It works fine then out of nowhere it freezes, forcing me to restart from the dashboard. Doesn't happen to any other games for me.

So, perhaps it could be a problem with the game? My disc is clean too but it's the only one i have a problem with; but if the freezing persists on all your games, then there's probably a problem with the box.

when my xbox had freezing issues, it soon after got the RROD. =(

Yeah I'm afraid this might be the case too. It keeps freezing but one time I tried after restarting it had RROD and then I restarted it again and it froze before I could even get to the dashboard. Like it literally froze before the 360 logo stopped spinning.

Hopefully it won't be RROD but some say it's a sign that it's approaching.

It happens to me too but only with MW2 when i play online. It works fine then out of nowhere it freezes, forcing me to restart from the dashboard. Doesn't happen to any other games for me.

So, perhaps it could be a problem with the game? My disc is clean too but it's the only one i have a problem with; but if the freezing persists on all your games, then there's probably a problem with the box.

I have frozen on MW2, the dashboard, and a few other games but I will say that the freezing is way more predominant in MW2 than any other game. I played L4D2 last night with zero problems, got through a whole match of versus and got off and ate dinner. So I have no idea what to do now, I'm not even sure if this is still covered under warranty... Or is RROD always covered by Microsoft?

Yep, a couple of days ago this happened to me..

Now it seems my xbox is dead :(

Bummer, but it looks like I'll be burying another one as well :(

This is exactly what happened to me - my Xbox all of a sudden went all pixelated and distorted for no apparent reason. At first I thought it was my TV, but it didn't do it on another channel, so then I thought it was my disc, but it did it on another too. So it was my Xbox.

In my case, this was the start of an E-74 error message - luckily Microsoft began fixing this for free just like RROD a few years ago, so I got it fixed for free! The best thing you can do at the moment is play the xbox until it doesn't work any more and hopefully comes up with the error message. Then contact support and get it repaired.

Good luck.

This is exactly what happened to me - my Xbox all of a sudden went all pixelated and distorted for no apparent reason. At first I thought it was my TV, but it didn't do it on another channel, so then I thought it was my disc, but it did it on another too. So it was my Xbox.

In my case, this was the start of an E-74 error message - luckily Microsoft began fixing this for free just like RROD a few years ago, so I got it fixed for free! The best thing you can do at the moment is play the xbox until it doesn't work any more and hopefully comes up with the error message. Then contact support and get it repaired.

Good luck.

Really? Ughhhh.. :mad:

Thanks for the advice though!

Try uploading the problem game onto your hard-drive and see if it helps. Freezing has been a problem with me twice both times I uploaded the game and it worked fine after. Good Luck

It isn't a specific game that is troubling me, I'm pretty sure it's my box in fact. It even freezes at the dash. :/

Plus all of my games are done from the HDD. ;)

Yeah, I've had the same problem. Although it didn't take long to switch to a RROD. It didn't make me too happy I can tell you, luckily I was still within my warranty and they replaced everything.

It was more the wait that was a pain.

Are you using an ELITE system, or an earlier version of the box?

Yeah duder, it's the beginning of the end for the console. If it's within 3 years just raise a ticket and say it's got an E74 error and get it sent off.

:(

Yeah, I've had the same problem. Although it didn't take long to switch to a RROD. It didn't make me too happy I can tell you, luckily I was still within my warranty and they replaced everything.

It was more the wait that was a pain.

Are you using an ELITE system, or an earlier version of the box?

To be honest, I don't know exactly what it is. It's not an Elite, I can tell you that, but I don't know exactly how old this one is. We got a refurbed one from Microsoft after the last one Red Ringed. I'm not exactly sure of when we sent the last one out or when we got this one.

Promptly brace your self for RRoD it will come fast and without warning.

http://www.air21.se/pictures/BRACE50.JPG

That is pretty funny. Ah well, it's not actually MY 360, it's my dad's side of the family's one (but I'm the only one who actually plays the damn thing, so they won't really care).

Same thing was happening to mine just before I got the Error 74. Very odd noises and the such. Not fun :(

Yeah, so can I send it back and they'll fix it for free or do I actually have to wait for the E 74 error message to appear?

i had this happen to me twice before RROD, the machine was fine when turned on till it started getting quite hot, then the pixellation and picture problems started. One was weird because if i plugged it in via AV instead of component it was black and white! but then the picture starting getting worse and then one day it died.. sorry!

Yeah, so can I send it back and they'll fix it for free or do I actually have to wait for the E 74 error message to appear?

You have to wait for the error to appear. I called support while it was just doing the pixelating, and they said I had to send it in for around $200. But then I played it some more and it came up with the error and I was like "Yesss!!" because I knew they were fixing the E-74 for free! So ruining my xbox even more actually saved me money! So yes, you'll need to play the xbox hard before it comes up with the error. Unless it doesn't come up, in which case you're ****ed.

You have to wait for the error to appear. I called support while it was just doing the pixelating, and they said I had to send it in for around $200. But then I played it some more and it came up with the error and I was like "Yesss!!" because I knew they were fixing the E-74 for free! So ruining my xbox even more actually saved me money! So yes, you'll need to play the xbox hard before it comes up with the error. Unless it doesn't come up, in which case you're ****ed.

Ughhh.. That is kind of a hassle, because "playing" on this console is more like turning it on and having it immediately fail (within 3 minutes), reset, rinse and repeat.

You can't even get any real game time out of it. Nothing worthwhile at least. :mad:

We'll it's been taking longer for the 360 to freeze up, and when it does, I just want to ragequit already. Before it was happening under 10 minutes, now it's taking 10, 20, 30 minutes for the box to freeze. Just wondering what the deal is, I thought it was supposed to be getting worse. Thanks!