For those struggling with Drift Lap 100k Achievement

NIZZU

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't bother buying tuning set ups from the storefront i'm absolutely terrible at drifting in this game but i got the achievement after just two laps of the full fujimi kaido circuit. souped my bugatti veyron up so it's an R2 class. turned stm and traction control off. then just accelerate, press A for the handbrake and get into the groove of drifting around corners. remember, if you think you could have done better on a certain corner, just rewind it and do it again. any car that has quick acceleration is perfect because you automatically start drifting if you put your foot down. there are certain parts of fujimi kaido where you can link drifts together - the highest one i got was over 10,000 points! in one drift!

so yeah.. hope this helps. wherever you think you can drift, give it a shot. and if you screw it up, then just rewind and do it again. :D

thanks for the post! got the achievement on first lap in 20 minutes after trying for 2 hours with the car that everyone said was the best for the job(skyline.. yeah right...lol). Good job and keep up the good work.. thanx again and don't pay attention to the haters that have to try and tell people off for just trying to help.

I actually got low 90,000s in the Skyline and just didn't like the Mitsubishi.

So i decided to tune my Veyron and got it on my first turn (normal circuit, i struggled on reverse with all the cars so decided to stick with the normal). I like the normal version because at the end you are going downhill with big open space, you can rack up 2000 - 4000 on each turn easily.

Its really just about finding out what car and set-up works for you

Thanks a lot mate, tried for an hour or so with the Skyline that Atticus createdbut just had no luck with it. Couldn't get higher than about 80K with it. Seems like a good setup but just didnt work for me. Perhaps its better for people who are more skilled at drifting than me :p

Anyway, did it second time with the HKS Evo on the normal circuit. Like NMANOZ says, its a lot easier to get a big score on the downhill part with the big corners :)

The Evo seemed a lot easier to handle, maybe its because of the big spoiler and less power.

Anyway, cheers mate. Saved me breaking my controller anywho :woop::D

This method is definitely the "win" method. The HKS is super easy to control and I got the cheeve on my third try (I was terrible when I first started trying to drift.) The BIG plus is that you don't have to waste your credits on overpirced tuning setups or upgrades for a car that you may likely not use again. I think this strategy should be in the main guide for this game

Edited by oOBloodOceanOo
typo

If you can do this on a hot lap that means there is no timer countdown. So why can we not do a lap till the finish line drifting, then turn around drive back to the start and drift back to the finish line. When you have the right amount go over the finish line ending the lap? Will this work

I had a few problems with this at first as I didnt have the rewind function switched on for my hud, I got it with my own settings, then I did it again in two other cars, makin 3 FREE set-ups available for my friends, THEN! one of my friends told me to try doing it with the DEADZONE settings changed in advanced controller settings, I went back and almost doubled my score.

so maybe if your still having problems try adjusting the deadzone settings for steering (the top 2 bars) all the way to the left, the top one will go all the way left but the second one wont. hope this helps

i had no idea these where ur forums if you go look at the other thread theres loads of people say "omg thanks Atticus for a great set-up" so i can talk about what ever i want when ever i want

Dude, you sound like a whiny spoiled little kid. People don't need your tuning set-up and just because enough desperate people buy it doesn't make you kings**t. Grow up a little.

• 2 weeks later...
If you can do this on a hot lap that means there is no timer countdown. So why can we not do a lap till the finish line drifting, then turn around drive back to the start and drift back to the finish line. When you have the right amount go over the finish line ending the lap? Will this work

Yeah I wondered why this wasn't possible either. Damn.

Here are the number of drift points I had at the start of each of the stone tunnels. I feel this is good reference for people on about how many drift points you should have. Restart if you need to.

This is for Fujimi Kaido "Full Circuit" NOT "Full Circuit Reverse"!

First tunnel: This is just after first turn in race.

Second tunnel: 26,197

Third and fourth tunnel (they are right after eachother): 72,894

Fifth tunnel (last): 100,019

Finished with 110,142

Good luck!

flipping heck, I've finally got the damn thing.

I have done SOOOOOOOO many runs on Fujima, I have lost count. I have tried ALL the cars suggested in ALL the threads on this board, with no luck, so I decided to be silly. I used a completely stock Seat Leon SC. Yes, I know, it's an FF, but it worked, I had

30K at the second tunnel.

66K at the third/fourth tunnel

90K at the fifth tunnel

104,735K at the finish line.

There is a replay in my store front (search "104735K drift with FWD") (I think I'm putting that there because I still can't believe I've got it :D )

Edited by Aki2403