Is DLC acquisition still possible?

CosmoBolt

Hello everyone. I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I just didn't happen to see it. I never actually got a clear idea, after MSP got retired, whether or not it is still possible to purchase DLCs for various GFWL games (in this case Flight). The in-game price is still shown in MSP and I also noticed that many DLCs are not available (e.g. Alaskan adventure pack). Recently Steam pulled this game off their marketplace as well. Could that mean that if you don't already have the DLC, it is now impossible to acquire it and complete your game?

Edited by CosmoBolt

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent them an e-mail asking them about this and unfortunately they said this:

"Thank you for your interest in Flight. Unfortunately due to the PC Marketplace shutdown, all of the DLC was removed and is no longer available for purchase or download.

You can read more about the marketplace shut down here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/pc-marketplace-closing

Regret any inconvenience this may cause."

In conclusion, if you do not already have the DLCs, it is now impossible to complete Microsoft Flight. Dang it...

• 5 weeks later...

Lets hope so, I just finished raging after I went to the store wanting to buy them and realised the PC part was shut down... (I was sure it was going to shutdown alongside GFWL in 2014)

FFS.

Is it possible to "gameshare" the DLCs? logging in @ marketplace with someone's acc who has it, downloading DLCs, logging back it on your account, playing?

Lets hope so, I just finished raging after I went to the store wanting to buy them and realised the PC part was shut down... (I was sure it was going to shutdown alongside GFWL in 2014)

FFS.

Is it possible to "gameshare" the DLCs? logging in @ marketplace with someone's acc who has it, downloading DLCs, logging back it on your account, playing?

Would love to know, as I paid for and have the right to the Alaskan Wilderness Pack, but since I didn't boot it up before the marketplace shutdown I never received the rights to the six free additional packs required for it as described here. Quite annoying I must say.

But the above response from support is wrong - if you have the rights to any DLC/Game it is still available to download through the GFWL Marketplace Client, until they shutdown in 2014.

I'm sorry but that is not possible. It is not like on the Xbox with multiple accounts and a shared license. Sure, you can log in with someone else's account on the PC and download the DLCs, but when you log in with your own account, those DLCs will not be available; it's as if they don't exist on the Hard Drive. The way licensing on the PC works, GFWL-wise, is the account that purchases a piece of digital content has exclusive access to that said content. The license is valid only and only for that particular account, therefore the DLCs will not be recognized when logged in on another account. So, as I've said before it is now absolutely impossible to 100% Flight if you haven't already purchased the DLCs with your own account.

And yes, the support team was wrong on the "download" part. You can still download any content you have already purchased from the GFWL Marketplace application.

Edited by CosmoBolt

I'm sorry but that is not possible. It is not like on the Xbox with multiple accounts and a shared license. Sure, you can log in with someone else's account on the PC and download the DLCs, but when you log in with your own account, those DLCs will not be available; it's as if they don't exist on the Hard Drive. The way licensing on the PC works, GFWL-wise, is the account that purchases a piece of digital content has exclusive access to that said content. The license is valid only and only for that particular account, therefore the DLCs will not be recognized when logged in on another account. So, as I've said before it is now absolutely impossible to 100% Flight if you haven't already purchased the DLCs with your own account.

And yes, the support team was wrong on the "download" part. You can still download any content you have already purchased from the GFWL Marketplace application.

FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!! Now my OCD will never get satisfied! FFS. And it's not possible to delete it either, is it? After getting some of the achievements...

Can we atleast try?

FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!! Now my OCD will never get satisfied! FFS. And it's not possible to delete it either, is it? After getting some of the achievements...

Can we atleast try?

No way to delete it or complete it (if you don't have the DLCs purchased). I'm in the same boat as you, so I'm annoyed by this as well. Trust me, I've tried quite a few things to get DLCs working for an account without being properly licensed by the GFWL Marketplace application with no dice though.

• 2 months later...

This is complete and utter BULLSHIT!!

Would it be possible that there is somewhere to buy the DLC as codes and then redeem them to get access to the DLC?

Or what if somebody still had it as a gift on steam that could be traded for? would that work?

Microsoft are so LAME!

Edited by FiReStOrM^

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately none of the methods you mentioned are possible. MS Flight does not exist on Steam anymore and there is absolutely no place which sells DLC codes anymore.

As per the PC Marketplace FAQ on xbox.com:

"Will I be able to purchase Games for Windows Live games in other marketplaces now that Games for Windows Live titles are no longer available on Xbox.com?

Games for Windows Live titles published by Microsoft are no longer available for purchase from any marketplace {that includes MS Flight}. For other titles, please check directly with the title’s publishers."

So no; like I said. If you don't already own the DLCs, it is now and it has been since the PC Marketplace closure impossible to complete the game.

I know.. I feel sad about it too.

• 2 weeks later...

That's true, however I have never tried redeeming a MS Points code through GFWL after the switch. I will try in the near future hopefully and post here the results.

However, speaking about MS Flight, they actually removed almost all of the DLCs from the in-game marketplace. I believe the only ones left are the Hawaiian Pack and a plane. The rest are missing, so that's not too helpful.