Will we be able to transfer over weapons from 1st game as well as xp?

unicron93

Doubt it, it would make the early sections a cake walk if you could batter everything with orange weapons. You'll probably lose it all in the helicopter crash or some other plot device

Makes sense.

Although it would be kind of neat if they made you work towards getting one of your items back and have it be tailored to your level in riptide. I wouldn't mind it, because I got pretty attached to some of my melee weapons. Food for thought. We'll see next month I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Makes sense.

Although it would be kind of neat if they made you work towards getting one of your items back and have it be tailored to your level in riptide. I wouldn't mind it, because I got pretty attached to some of my melee weapons. Food for thought. We'll see next month I guess.

I wouldnt count on it man. Expect minor rewards, especially if there are achievements about legendary weapons and such (which I'm sure there will be).

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest info in regards to importing your character.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dead-island-riptide/Importing_Your_Dead_Island_Character

So your level and skills will carry over. Everything else won't. So if you have a level 47 character and import him/her, you will start Riptide with zombies at that level.

:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:

Going to pre-order the game today. Glad I haven't deleted any of my DI saves.

Yeah, I don't see the appeal of starting a new game with a high-level character. Leveling up from scratch is part of the fun for me. Otherwise it just feels like a DLC expansion.

That's pretty much what it is. a big ass DLC expansion with some new stuff. id hate to lose my skills and stats so i'm glad we can import.

i'm not to bothered about weapons and stuff. i'm sure my inventory will be full by the end of the game. and people will be dropping awesome modded stuff again.:Bounce:

my only issue was my health bar.. i hated how everybody else had a big health bar and mine never got any bigger. so i died a lot.... it hope they fixed that shit.(doubt it) equal sized health bars for everybody.

Edited by Annalie