No Achievements without purchase?

Cully

I'm a bit confused to this game. I thought it was free with one character, but then you have to pay to get extra characters and stuff.

Fine... I just did 5 dojo lessons and got no achievement.

So now I assume there's no achievements unless you pay.

The problem I have now is that... how much do you have to pay to be able to earn achievements? Why would you buy Jago for £3.99 if he's already in the game for free? (he's in the store for that).

This game is a bit annoying right now because I'm going through the options and it's quite plain... single player is just local versus/survival/dojo.... and online is just plain fights.

Sure... it's a fighting game. What do I expect right? Well... Mortal Kombat has an amazing ladder match. MOST fighting games have a sort of story/arcade mode which has 5-15 fights or something in a row with a boss at the end. They normally have some sort of depth to the game. This one is just pure 1 on 1 fights from what I can see.

Maybe I'm overlooking things, or not seeing something, but I can't see myself paying money for this unless there's something more to it..

Am I being unreasonable? I'm more annoyed at how we were getting all these games at launch, but one ends up being a demo.

I'm a bit confused to this game. I thought it was free with one character, but then you have to pay to get extra characters and stuff.

Fine... I just did 5 dojo lessons and got no achievement.

So now I assume there's no achievements unless you pay.

The problem I have now is that... how much do you have to pay to be able to earn achievements? Why would you buy Jago for £3.99 if he's already in the game for free? (he's in the store for that).

This game is a bit annoying right now because I'm going through the options and it's quite plain... single player is just local versus/survival/dojo.... and online is just plain fights.

Sure... it's a fighting game. What do I expect right? Well... Mortal Kombat has an amazing ladder match. MOST fighting games have a sort of story/arcade mode which has 5-15 fights or something in a row with a boss at the end. They normally have some sort of depth to the game. This one is just pure 1 on 1 fights from what I can see.

Maybe I'm overlooking things, or not seeing something, but I can't see myself paying money for this unless there's something more to it..

Am I being unreasonable? I'm more annoyed at how we were getting all these games at launch, but one ends up being a demo.

Did you not get it all for free? I got an email from MS and they have me all the characters for free because of my GS. I heard it was anyone with over 70k or something got it?

Nope.. Just re-checked every email I have.. spam folders and whatnot. That sucks, but still doesn't solve the no achievement problem. Maybe this game is not meant for me :p

EDIT: That link you posted does say an email would be received on the 22nd... it's only 7:11am on the 22nd, so maybe I'll just wait it out... I have other stuff to play in the meantime :) Thanks for your help

Edited by Cully

Nope.. Just re-checked every email I have.. spam folders and whatnot. That sucks, but still doesn't solve the no achievement problem. Maybe this game is not meant for me :p

EDIT: That link you posted does say an email would be received on the 22nd... it's only 7:11am on the 22nd, so maybe I'll just wait it out... I have other stuff to play in the meantime :) Thanks for your help

I believe you had to the first email telling you that you qualify, the second is just the code.

Hmm, maybe try again champ. I just unlocked the White Belt achievement and other than redeeming a code for Shadow Jago, my version of the game is the F2P version.

Confirming on my end though the same problem: game is added to achievements list, but doesn't unlock them. Possibly because you got Shadow Jago it counts as you 'buying' something for the game, thus unlocking cheevos?

Possibly because you got Shadow Jago it counts as you 'buying' something for the game, thus unlocking cheevos?

Well that would be pretty stupid, even if I can unlock achievements and OP can't.

OP, try unlocking something else. Hopefully, just because it's F2P it doesn't mean you or anyone else can't pop achievements.

So, what I'm gathering from this thread, is that if you want achievements, you need to shell out cash for the game one way or the other. Or get the code from Microsoft for the characters. Okay, no big deal, I suppose, I guess they can't just give Gamerscore away for free. But that said, which version of the game does the Microsoft code give us? The Combo Breaker pack, or the Ultra pack? Because I would certainly love to play this, but I really don't want to buy a $40 Ultra pack add on if the code Microsoft sends out is only for the Combo Breaker version. I'm okay paying $20 for what I miss, not $40 for that PLUS what I already have.

Achievements not unlocking for me either. It could at least tell you that you won't get achievements while playing the free version. Beat 9 Dojo missions. Nothing.

And lots of high gamerscore/long tenure/reward people didn't get codes.

My stats: 344,000+/8 years/rewards member since it started.

No code, no Forza code, nothing.

3 things.

GS/Tenure/XBL Rewards program.

there is more to it than that. i have 77k gamerscore (higher than some of the people who have gotten it), have been on xbl since year 1 on the original xbox (gold membership still active and never lapsed), and have been in the rewards program since day 1 (and also did the old spice gamerscore challenge and the xbox live diamond program).

i still got nothing from ms when they were giving things out.