Observe the Grenade

Ive been trying to get this one for about 2 hours now, trying to get the testers in a group never happened for me, i got irritated and just shot a group of 2 with 1 grenade and killed them then i shot a second grenade at the guy on the other side and to my surprise achievement unlocked. Maybe it works like GTA IV's "Rolled over" achievement by chaining the kills fast enough, I am 100% positive i didnt kill 3 with 1 grenade.

Edited by wizzard_of_tha_hood

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been trying to get this one for about 2 hours now, trying to get the testers in a group never happened for me, i got irritated and just shot a group of 2 with 1 grenade and killed them then i shot a second grenade at the guy on the other side and to my surprise achievement unlocked. Maybe it works like GTA IV's "Rolled over" achievement by chaining the kills fast enough, I am 100% positive i didnt kill 3 with 1 grenade.
ive been stuck on this achieve. i will try this when i get home . i thought it had to be three with one . now im a fast shooter so i know i can pull of a 2kill and then an easy 1 kill . thanks for the info guys

i got it really easy. when you get into the room first shoot the red guy on the right. i then went to the bookcase on the left. if you have someone there shoot once in the leg. it will make them run for cover. i had all three pinks standing around the circular desk with the yellow guy behind the middle pink. i equipped my grenade launcher, hit the maximum upgrade, went back and shot at the middle one. there was enough spash to kill all 4 people at the desk. hope this helps.

This way is kinda easy also. Go to the room right before the last boss. When entering the room, you will have a red (MMS) show up. Take him out right away, and get the upgrade, go back to the far left of the bookcase. When you look around the corner, take your grenade shot. It may not happen the first time, but it WILL happen if you continue this way. If you don't get it, get killed and then try again!!

After following the several posted suggestions for this achievement for about 3 hours, I decided to try JordBrett's advice and it worked for me.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/880/s19.jpg Observe the Grenade 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill three Testers with one grenade launcher shot. "Test the grenades: check!"

---"Use the room right before the boss battle (you take an elevator up and when you exit, there's a bookcase directly in front of you).

---On your left is a red guy and to the right is a pink. Step forward and kill the red guy, then back up back into the elevator to prevent the pink guy from going behind you.

---Look right and kill the yellow guy. Hopefully, all the pink testers will be on the right. Grab the Max Hazard pickup on the left side of the room.

---Take cover on the left side of the initial bookcase, aim around and hit the pink tester in the middle."

Be sure to shoot the grenade launcher more than once. Sometimes you'll still be able to unlock the achievement even if you've shot more than once. Keep trying. You'll get it.

This will be the most aggravating and frustrating achievement in the game. If you got it without trying, then you got lucky. Go luck everyone.

Edited by E vee dub

brilliant tip, i got mine with 3 consecutive grenades :)

killed the red, hten the pink and yellow, hten the 2 reds and was left with a room of about 5 or 6. then jsut got the max hazard upgrade and then 3 diret body hits with 3 grenades :)

brilliant tip, i got mine with 3 consecutive grenades :)

killed the red, hten the pink and yellow, hten the 2 reds and was left with a room of about 5 or 6. then jsut got the max hazard upgrade and then 3 diret body hits with 3 grenades :)

Thanks for this I actually did what you said and shot the red, yellow, pink then the two red because then that leaves 3-5 pink guys to kill so i shot atleast 2 grenades one infront of me then the second at the far back of the room, I didnt think I had killed enough or done what the achievement said but as they died it popped up lol.

Thanks again.

Wow I have been trying this one forever, thanks for the tips I will try this out again later tonight. This and the Kick the Cowboy in the Ass achievement have been driving me mad. - Those are the last two I still need.

I tried everything with this grenade one I cant round em up.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/880/s19.jpg Observe the Grenade 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

---"Use the room right before the boss battle (you take an elevator up and when you exit, there's a bookcase directly in front of you).

---On your left is a red guy and to the right is a pink. Step forward and kill the red guy, then back up back into the elevator to prevent the pink guy from going behind you.

---Look right and kill the yellow guy. Hopefully, all the pink testers will be on the right. Grab the Max Hazard pickup on the left side of the room.

---Take cover on the left side of the initial bookcase, aim around and hit the pink tester in the middle."

this should be the official record for how to get this achievement. :uzi:

I just followed this to the T. But I actually got it by melee 1 pink and then grenade 2. It popped so I'm not complaining but I have a feeling this achievement is a little loose in its definition.

thanks Evee dub

Yes sir that method worked perfectly. Had to reload a couple times until 3 of them got grouped together. But I shot and killed 2 of the 3 pinks and injured the 3rd, then finished her off with a kaboom and it popped up. Does anybody know why this only works on the pinks, or does is matter? Either way doesn't matter to me, just sayin' for other peeps if it's not working for them to try just shooting any 3.:uzi::eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Wooo! Yes.. finally got this achievement thanks to this threads help. Overall it didn't take me near as long as what I've seen people saying it took them.

I tried for about 15 mins trying to group them together and get three kills with one grenade but could tell it was going to be hard, so I looked and found this thread. Wish I could explain my strategy but I really didn't have one.. just got them grouped together the best I could and fired off like four grenades... lol it got the job done! I know I didn't get three with one it was more like three with 2 1/2.

I just got it by launching 3 grenades quickly at each tester...They weren't even close to each other and they didn't died at the same time. Just kill 3 testers with the grenades launcher quickly and the achievement should unlock

I was stuck on this achievement for like 20 minutes, but then I noticed when the 3rd part of the final boss fight (the part with the testers obviously) there is a spot right at the beginning to get it. Right when you start there is one to the far left and two start in the middle. if you put the launcher on and start to run towards the two the third will run to meet you and they wind up running together and if you time it right shoot the one in the middle it will hit all three. I wound up getting it the third time after I found the pattern..

I was stuck on this achievement for like 20 minutes, but then I noticed when the 3rd part of the final boss fight (the part with the testers obviously) there is a spot right at the beginning to get it. Right when you start there is one to the far left and two start in the middle. if you put the launcher on and start to run towards the two the third will run to meet you and they wind up running together and if you time it right shoot the one in the middle it will hit all three. I wound up getting it the third time after I found the pattern..

I spent 2 hours trying everyone elses methods. No lock. I thought I got it so I let the cut scene run but I didnt and I started the boss fight. Luckily I still had grenades. Figured I would try this part instead of starting the board all over. First shot I got it. Thanks for this method.

:woop:

I tried during my first run through of the game during the final boss battle, however I could not get them to group so I shrugged it off and went on to beat the game. I then tried for about 45 minutes in the final room before the final boss doing the methods in this thread. No avail. I got frustrated so I picked up the Maxx Hazard pick-up and went grenade happy into the room. I was shot dead. Before I pressed A to continue, my grenades go off, killing all the testers. Bleep-boop.

Moral of the story: ...I got nothing. I was just happy I got the achievement.

I got it in the final room. Just sat down behind cover from where you start this checkpoint and two spawned in the same close proximity and the third in the middle but always ran up to the other two.

It all came down to matter of timing and luck.

this achievement is easy in stage 3 of the boss fight stay at the switch and shoot the near cover until the testers are in the middle area then just blast away with grenades and as long as u kill em within seconds of each other achievement unlocked

• 1 month later...
After following the several posted suggestions for this achievement for about 3 hours, I decided to try JordBrett's advice and it worked for me.

This will be the most aggravating and frustrating achievement in the game. If you got it without trying, then you got lucky. Go luck everyone.

You sir are a God sent, this worked perfectly after the 3rd reload and then POOF achievement gained. Thanks for making this achievement less of a beotch then it could have been. Someone give this man an award:Bounce::Bounce:

i did this on the 3rd stage of the final boss and i watched a video on youtube that someone made for the ps3 trophy which is the same and it worked good, just equip the launcher then run with rb to the sandbag, if you dont hold rb then you wont get there in time, even though the guy in the video goes slow it didnt work for me at all, he also barely gets shot so im not sure whats up with that. after you get to the sand bag its kinda luck on where the guys go and just try a few times and they will all be together then you can get it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UESTCaViLNo&feature=PlayList&p=994C07FDDD7B26D5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14]YouTube - Eat Lead - Observe the Grenade Trophy[/ame]

Edited by sharno