Krazie

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmm.. I wonder what MP achievements there will be

I hope none personally. MP achievements tend to have a negative effect on the online community, what with all the boosting and whatnot. I've even heard of Halo3 games where people team-kill to get specific weapons so they can unlock certain achievements.

Even in MW2, where there are no online achievements, people still boost for the online specific challenges. You include any kind of reward, doesn't matter what it is, and people will always try to boost for it, at least it won't be as bad if there are no MP achievements.

I like the achievements. It's a good, classic, cliche FPS mix, and it works. You have story progression, you have persistent use of weapons , you have a few skill based achievements, some involving weapons (like 2 kills with one shotgun blast) , and of course you have the MP. Nothing too extreme, except maybe the EXP you need.

I likey what I sees. Except for one: Play with 6 friends! Realistically, 6 of my friends wont own this. I'll have to pull a Team Fortress; add people that I meet online or in the AVP lobby, and then invite them to a match. Nothing I can't handle ;p

I like the achievements. It's a good, classic, cliche FPS mix, and it works. You have story progression, you have persistent use of weapons , you have a few skill based achievements, some involving weapons (like 2 kills with one shotgun blast) , and of course you have the MP. Nothing too extreme, except maybe the EXP you need.

I likey what I sees. Except for one: Play with 6 friends! Realistically, 6 of my friends wont own this. I'll have to pull a Team Fortress; add people that I meet online or in the AVP lobby, and then invite them to a match. Nothing I can't handle ;p

I could do without the collectibles. Always takes away the fun in the game and adds frustration and boredom, in my opinion.

As expected, ruined by online achievements. Standard carbon copy booster / glitchers MP achievement list *sigh*..... when will it end.

Uhmm, Modern Warfare doesnt have online achievements but people still boost, glitch, etc. Just because a game has online achievements does not mean the game is ruined or the multiplayer is.

Online achievements are just fine as long as it isnt like Gow 1: Seriously, or Cod 3: 40, 000 points, etc

Ugh...6 friends to add and play online at same time for achievements....I would say maybe about 3 people will own this... I will rent this, though.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully a bunch of us on here can get together for that one at least. Most of my friends who game (even my online friends) only play MW1/2 & Halo.

Uhmm, Modern Warfare doesnt have online achievements but people still boost, glitch, etc. Just because a game has online achievements does not mean the game is ruined or the multiplayer is.

Online achievements are just fine as long as it isnt like Gow 1: Seriously, or Cod 3: 40, 000 points, etc

On the contrary it is ruined. At least on MW2 you don't HAVE to play the online mode if you are a completionist.

With games like this with online achievements, you are forced to put yourself in the middle of all that crap to maintain a completion ratio. THAT is what is annoying about them.

man i really love the AvP series and the idea they have with this one i can't wait to try and hunt down this 1k. the only thing that makes me shiver is some of the ranked achievements and or hardest difficutly playthrough. hopefully with enough time and adaptive play it shouldn't be to terribly hard i hope

It doesn't look as if you'll be able to boost.

The hardest achievment looks to be the finish first in a standard deathmatch. Out of 18 people, that's not going to be easy.

Why do people keep saying this? There is an achievement for playing in a ranked match with 6 friends. If you can get any amount of friends in the same ranked match, there is a way to boost.