Roadmap to 500 (single player)

Apple

We'll start things off by saying firstly, this game has a major freeze bug in the single player portion of the game. Some people seem to have different ways to prevent it from happening, all I did was NEVER USE THE LOAD GAME OPTION in the main menu. You can replay missions from the in-game journal (select mission, press Y to replay), but again, don't ever load up a mission from the main menu. I obviously can't guarantee this will work for you, just because it worked for me. Raven is currently working on a patch, if you feel you should wait.

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

-Offline 24 (500)

-Approximate amount of time to 500: 13-20 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (+ Replaying Mission(s))

-Are there any achievements that can be missed? Yes

-Glitched game? Yes

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No

This games difficulty variations aren't very different from each other. You die almost as fast on Easy as you do on Uber, there are the same amount of enemies, the only thing different might be some of the boss' you fight; thus, I've given it a 3/10 for difficulty. Find help for those here.

Preparation: Gold, Tomes, and Intel

You will have to collect all the Gold, Tomes, and Intel through out the single player for Gold Digger, Librarian, Master Spy, and Monitor Tan. They are located in all nine primary story missions, five secondary missions, and three main sections of town. Follow the video guides located in this thread for the locations of all the Gold, Tomes, and Intel for all the Primary and Secondary missions. Secondary missions are marked as green and say "Mission Giver" in the map Key. Radio Station isn't given until after you complete Castle in Downtown.

I would recommend not collecting any collectibles in Midtown East, Midtown West, or Downtown until after you completed Castle and before you start Airfield. Use these videos to help you find all the Gold, Tomes, and Intel in Midtown and Downtown when you do.

Midtown East

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P8DXRez0L4]YouTube - Wolfenstein Midtown East 100%[/ame]

Midtown West

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swP8MtvTka8]YouTube - Wolfenstein Midtown West 100%[/ame]

Downtown

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-khef8E_5XU]YouTube - Wolfenstein Downtown 100% (part1)[/ame] (part 1)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yt2gzuqPuE]YouTube - Wolfenstein Downtown 100% (part2)[/ame] (part 2)

Thanks to coverop and zzSHOTGUNzz

Preparation: Enemies and Weapons

For Game Hunter and Gun Nut you will need to kill one of each enemy, and collect every weapon. The Gun Nut will come naturally as long as you pick up your enemies weapons regularly, as there aren't that many to find. Game Hunter is a bit more tough, so grab the enemy list from the guide and check off each enemy you kill, after you've killed it. Be sure to make note of the big monster-type enemy in Castle when you are going through the main hall, most people miss that enemy.

Shoot Red Barrels and throw grenades whenever possible to help you along with Buster.

Uber Playthrough

Right when you start the game, start following your Gold, Tomes, Intel guide. I completed the game on Uber, did all the collectibles, and everything else in under 9 hours, so you shouldn't have a problem, but just in case be sure to press Back or Start so the timer doesn't run, for Blitzkrieg. Another thing to worry about is dying less than 3 times. If you do happen to die on Uber, and you will, it will have two options: Load Last Checkpoint, and Main Menu. Always choose Main Menu, and just select CONTINUE GAME, never select LOAD GAME, ever.

During the first mission Train Station, kill 3 floating enemies and pick up Enemies in a Barrel. Complete the mission and you'll unlock Newbie.

You'll soon receive the Mire ability, and you'll need to use it for one hour for Time Out. Use it every time you get the chance, it also counts towards Honorary Geist because you are using both abilities at once. Later on, when you receive more abilities, do the same for Bubble Boy, and Rampage. If you don't have these achievements before you play Hospital, when you get to the end of the level (after you kill the beast that comes out of the portal) stand around and you can easily get these achievements as your Veil never drains.

The first chance you get to buy the bayonet in the black market, do so. Then go for Beatdown; and if you're going for the Gold, once you have enough and all the upgrades are unlocked purchase them for the MP43 as it's one of the best guns and has a scope for Gadget Freak

You should get Warchest around this time for 30,000 gold. If you've been shooting Red Barrels and throwing grenades often, you should get Buster for 1000 broken objects, right after Slumming for completing all the Midtown Missions, also.

The last weapon is in Castle, the Leichenfaust 44, so after you grab it you'll get Gun Nut. Now complete the last secondary mission Radio Tower and you should get Librarian.

Now is the time to finish all the town collectibles for Downtown/Midtown. If you don't have Time Out, or Honorary Geist now it probably your last chance to farm the time for the achievement. If you are worried about time, get a checkpoint, get the achievement, then just quit to dash and continue game from main menu, do not load game.

Once you complete Airfield you will have Gold Digger. Then the last of the Intel are in the Zeppelin mission for Master Spy, which will also get you Monitor Tan, and Man About Town for completing the mission.

Black Sun, the last mission, is where you will get the rest of the achievements, except one. After beating the final boss' you'll pick up Endgame, Single Quarter, Super Soldier, Nerd Rage, Blitzkrieg, and Game Hunter.

Once you are back at the main menu, select Continue Game again and go to your journal and press Y on the current Black Sun mission to abort, then press Y on Train Station to start up that mission and get Conservationist.

Edited by Apple

I don't base difficulty off of collectibles, or the time it takes to beat it. I base it off of how hard it is to kill enemies, complete missions, and I compare it to other games as well. I think it deserves a 3/10, because compared to the CoD franchise, or MoH, this game is relatively easy to kill enemies. :)

Edited by Apple

I'd go with a 4 for the difficulty personally mate.I got through uber fine and don't consider myself much cop at FPS games,but some will struggle quite a bit on some parts.Giving it a 4 just gives them a little more leeway I think.

Also,maybe add that once you get to the hospital stage,stand in the crystal and you can grind out all 3 time based achievements as your veil energy never runs out.You could do this and still get blitzkrieg but safer to make a backup save first then reload from that.

Top marks on everything else.

Ahh, I was trying to remember what mission that was, but I couldn't. That's right at the end of Hospital after you kill that beast that comes out of the portal right? and I guess I can budge one number up on the difficulty. :p

Yep that's right mate.You have to use empower to kill the nazis that swarm in.After they're dead,just shoot geists till you get your 200 kills and then sit in the lovely energy pool for your others.I found it convenient to get them all there barring bubble boy which I got as soon as I earned the power.Just stood there till it popped =)

Ha this game is a cakewalk i think a 3 is more than enough Apple, It took me 3hours and 35 minutes for a playthrough Uber difficulty and that wasn't playing it hardcore running through it like a mad man, It was my 1st playthrough just playing through the story, Also you can complete it under 5 hours getting all the collectibles. Nice SP roadmap btw.

• 5 years later...