Achievement Discussion

Pashos

• 1 month later...

The only achievement that looks like a bit of a swine is the 50 multiplayer wins... if there are team games it should be fine but if it is all free for all it could be a nightmare.

The 2000 kills will be a grind but half of them you will need to make to get the other weapon achievements so it shouldnt be too bad.

keep your fingers crossed about the 2000 kills... respawn locations will be the same or some general area.

If it takes even 1 minute to find an enemy in an open jungle (given your boosting and your partner is running to a visible reference after every respawn) that is still 2000 minutes, or 33 hours! just per person!! so 70 or less hours for both! not counting loading waiting or anything else... ouchhhh!! :eek:

I say a minute because if it's a "sniper" game i would assume kills happen less often than most shooters, more of a slowed pace like GRAW 1 & 2

Being a very big fan of Sniper Elite, still have the copy, I am very pleased this title finally came out! The graphics may not be the best you've seen, and animations aren't always as smooth as you might expect, but this game is going to be well-worth the money.

Fallen Eagle, by the way, appears to be glitched. In the game itself, it shows up in the achievement list (with a checkmark), but not on the gamerscore...

The others (single player ones) are a bit too easy. You can get tons of double kills with one bullet, same goes for the grenades. Throwing knives, piece of cake. 50 and 100 headshots, come on, make it 250 and 500 at least, because you're always gonna go for the headshot (+ the bulletcam is awesome).

Basically, the numbers are too low in my opinion. But that's not going to stop me from playing it a couple of times, even if it's just for getting my accuracy percentage as close to 100 as possible.

Hi. I`ve bought the game and and played it for a while.

Now if got a problem: I think that some achievements a glitchy because:

I made some achievements in the game like kill two people with one shot but i didn`t get the achievement. But if i go the mainmenu on achievements there stands that i get it. Its the same with the birds. I killed ten or more but didn`t get the achievement but in the mainmenu in the game stands that i get it. Now ive got the problem that i dont know how i should this achievements.

sorry for my english ;)

Hey Chef not Chief...good luck on finishing Ghostbusters since the multiplayer achieves are glitched ! Sony bought the rights to Ghostbusters a long time ago. Now ya know why there will never be a patch for em either.

As for the Sniper achievement list. I agree. Not to creative !

I know, I was annoyed about that, but I still wanted to play the game just for the enjoyment. I know even before Sony bought the rights, they were already focusing on the Sony saving problems with the game before they fixed the xbox 360 achievements. So I knew what I was getting into.

Also, just realized this, Mr Nice, how do you have the game already? I thought it wasn't releasing until the 29th? Or does it come out in other countries first, because I recall that it was coming out in the US first.

Edited by Chef Not Chief

There is no variety to these achievements, nothing that seems to challenging either. I want something that relates to being stealthy, such as, complete a mission without alerting any guards, or something as simple as that. There should just be more, it seems like the achievements aren't finished.

True. They could have focus on single player achievements as the game lenght is not already that long. That's why i've liked in MW & MW2.

And for EXAGERATED online achievements, come on in a week the game will be like a desert. Developer acts like it was a super production or what?

Exactly. I prefer games that stay away from multiplayer achievements for a couple reasons. 1, half the people playing multiplayer are just trying to get achievements, and 2, they are always ridiculous achievements, like GoW's "Seriously". However, that is indeed an achievement to get that. Not hard to get it, just extremely time consuming. Should be called, "Seriously...Go Out and Get Some Sun". The online community for this game will consist of only one type of person, and that's boosters. I think they put the achievements to encourage people to play multiplayer, when really, they are just drawing attention to more flaws. Davhuit had it right, one of my favorite parts of MW, is the absense of online achievements. It leaves online to just people who want to play and enjoy the game.