Thoughts about the DLC - Positive or Negative

NITEMARECREATOR

Thoughts about the DLC - Positve or Negative  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts about the DLC - Positve or Negative

• 5* Positive - Exceeded your expectations, it was awesome.
    • 4* - DLC was pretty good
    • 3* Neutral - was not bad
    • 2* - DLC was lacking a little bit
    • 1* Negative - DLC was a complete letdown

I was thoroughly disappointed with the DLC. It took entirely too much from the main story (you will know what I mean when you play it as to not spoil anything) and it was way too short. I was anticipating the arrival the moment that it was announced. Yet I felt like Santa Claus let me down when I got up on Christmas morning and didn't get the present I wanted...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you consider that people get charged 800 - 1400 points for map packs, I think I'm fine paying 560. Sure it would've been a 'sweet deal' at 400 points, but that can be said about a lot of DLC on XBLA; a tad overpriced, but still worth the play.

Comparing this to other 560 point DLC (Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake come to mind), I would say I got as much enjoyment out of this DLC as I did any of those, and they seemed about as long. Not that it was the best of those three, not by a long shot, but still fun to play and more DS2 achievements.

What a complete letdown. It took me longer to download the dlc than it did to finish it. Nothing new, they just rehashed the same areas in reverse order. Come on really? Using the exact same upside down hanging thing.

Didn't care at all about the characters. This should have been included from the games release and then spent this time making a longer more varied dlc.

I gave it 4 stars, i think the people complaining are too fussy. Christmas and birthdays must be rubbish for you guys. "you bought me what!?" :p

I especially liked the end. Isaac is the only badass who can escape relatively unscathed.

I do think they should have you play as a girl in the next one (if there's more dlc). Seems a bit sexist the way it's always a bloke saving the day.

I do think they should have you play as a girl in the next one (if there's more dlc). Seems a bit sexist the way it's always a bloke saving the day.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case in DS2. Ellie could definitely handle her own and SPOLIERS she's he one who saved Issac in the end.

However i do agree that it would be neat to play as a girl (Ellie) if Visceral comes out with another dlc. It'd be neat for us to play as Ellie before she meets Issac. Then you could play as her as she takes care of/deals with Stross and so on. It would be more relevant to the main story and be interesting to see what she had to go through on her side.

I've found it pretty fun so far, even with the reused areas. Not a bad price and it came with a decent amount of achievements, most of which weren't even that hard. Hopefully though the next set will be much longer and take place either outside the Sprawl or in an entirely different place that neither Gabe or Issac had been.

I'd give it a 4, some area's are recycled which kinda sucks.

Also, on my first play-through the item drops were kinda weird. The first half of the DLC it gave me a ton of ammo but not a single health pack. And the second half it gave me the opposite. But my second run was better, the game gives me a bit of both pretty evenly.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case in DS2. Ellie could definitely handle her own and SPOLIERS she's he one who saved Issac in the end.

However i do agree that it would be neat to play as a girl (Ellie) if Visceral comes out with another dlc. It'd be neat for us to play as Ellie before she meets Issac. Then you could play as her as she takes care of/deals with Stross and so on. It would be more relevant to the main story and be interesting to see what she had to go through on her side.

yeah, i know. It's fine at the moment i just ment if they continue to go the same way it might get a bit much.

I completely agree about the next dlc. It'd be cool to play as Ellie although the lack of a suit could cause problems. :)

loved the ending and that final room was pretty cool imo neat battle lol

Achievements were not too bad to get, but the Hand Cannon was way to powerful (even if we earned it).

*I might do it again with just the Plasma and Forcegun just for a challenge. Wish there was a unlock armor or weapon for completing though.

**Oh well love Dead Space and now might even go get the Audio Book now that I am finished with the new Mass Effect book.

i didnt play extraction but id assume playing it would have helped in the "caring about the characters" department. I did wiki it and got a rough idea of who they were.

Im really just happy to get more DS. I normally am dissuaded(sp) to keep playing a game once i got 100% achievements, but DS 1 and 2 i can keep playing, and enjoying.

It would be neat to play as a unitologist of some form, and gain a better understanding of what they want the markers for, and why the sprawl went to hell...

***SPOILERS***

They mentioned the other sites, so i can only assume those are under controll. Whatever tiedman(sp) said they were close to is likely why the sprawl went down while the remaining sites still exist.

I mean the main question I had at the end of this was who were the men in white working for

Weren't they the unitologists? (did i spell that right?)

There's 3 sides aren't there, Government, church, & everyone else.

i was hoping the dlc wouldn't expand on the extraction story in two chapters, felt a bit rushed to me, would have been better to me to make the story into 3 dlc chapters and make it 6 in total. surely theres more to expand on it than two chapters.

The fact it ended the way it did might mean nothing more till dead space 3, the men in while could have been with the church sure, if anything they would want to keep lexine alive to build markers for them, after the issac plan failed.

they didn't touch on mcneil in this game, so maybe well find out what happened to him lexine would prolly go to him now wherever he is.

I gave it 4 stars, I thought it was pretty solid. I actually sort of liked the backtracking through the entire first level. I liked all of the signs that Issac had already been through there (the attention to detail on that was incredible). And knowing the level and all the rooms so well, anticipation built as I drew closer to the "end" (or beginning).

I thought it was a little short, they maybe could have beefed up Chapter 1 a bit, but I'm not complaining at 560 MSP. Combat was awesome, was it just my imagination or did all enemies move a little faster?

I gave it 4 stars, I thought it was pretty solid. I actually sort of liked the backtracking through the entire first level. I liked all of the signs that Issac had already been through there (the attention to detail on that was incredible). And knowing the level and all the rooms so well, anticipation built as I drew closer to the "end" (or beginning).

I thought it was a little short, they maybe could have beefed up Chapter 1 a bit, but I'm not complaining at 560 MSP. Combat was awesome, was it just my imagination or did all enemies move a little faster?

seemed all the same to me barring the severed exclusive mobs which were the mobs with the stasis stuff in them making them twitch around and sprint at ya. can't wait to try zealot with my foam gun, after i somehow finish hardcore that is.

I liked it overall, not a bad way to spend $7. I did wish that they had expanded a little bit more on the ending of Extraction (nothing on what happened to McNeill and no explanation for Extraction's final scene). Some unlockables for the main game would have been nice too.

I liked it overall, not a bad way to spend $7. I did wish that they had expanded a little bit more on the ending of Extraction (nothing on what happened to McNeill and no explanation for Extraction's final scene). Some unlockables for the main game would have been nice too.

i may be mad, but i swear i sore two icons on items with a blue logo like weller had. so you may do pulse rifle and a suit. maybe im just imagining things, dementia has set in for me.

if i start writing in marker shoot me please, for the love of god shoot me!.

any part of the ending barring mcneil you don't understand?

Edited by Quickdraw

I'll give it a 4. $7 for this content and 250:gsicon: is definitely worth the money; hell, a large #1 from McDonalds is close to $7.

Same areas!? Obviously, they did say several times you will be coming across the same paths Issac went through. The majority of these areas had been re-skinned as well so that complaint is somewhat... ignorant.

I loved DS2 and this DLC let me re-visit the Sprawl from a different point of view; it was kind of cool to experience someone else's story while Issac was wrecking through the Sprawl.

I really enjoyed it, I liked the characters, the story and the environments, even if half of them are from the original game. I'd have gladly paid 800 points for this if it was a bit longer, otherwise I thought it was great.

I loved the ending as well, brilliantly done in my opinion, and I actually felt sad for him, aha.