Collectible Guide in Chronological Order

I know there are a few guides already on here, but everyone prefers a choice.

We uploaded this the day after release (16th November) and were only second to Rooster Teeth themselves in terms of a complete guide.

I wasn't going to post it up here at first, but since it's had a great reception on YouTube, I thought I might as well post it, since like I said, everyone likes a choice.

We'd also appreciate any feedback on the guide in this thread so we can improve our future guides and videos. Thanks as always guys!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-r0Zos9Ywc]Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Skulls & Terminals Guide - YouTube[/ame]

== REMEMBER, NO SKULLS OR TERMINALS CAN BE COLLECTED IN "CLASSIC" MODE ==

Timeline & Descriptions

-- The Pillar of Autumn --

• (0:00) Iron Skull - At the start of the level, as you awake from the cryo-stasis container, search the area behind the cryo container. It's behind some crates at the back of the room.

• (0:17) Terminal 1 - When you first enter the bridge, this terminal is located on the left hand side of the bridge opposite Captain Keyes at an unmanned computer station.

-- Halo --

• (0:29) Mythic Skull - As soon as the level starts and you land on Halo, you'll see a large waterfall directly ahead of you. Search the base of the waterfall and you'll find the skull around some rocks to the right.

• (0:46) Boom Skull - After you receive the Warthog for the first time, keep driving until you see an entrance to some underground tunnels. Before entering, look above to see some pipes. Scale the cliff edge to the right to find the skull.

• (1:11) Terminal 2 - After you receive the last skull, enter the tunnels with the Warthog. Head all the way down until you need to jump a gap to continue, don't. Continue on and take a left downhill and you'll see the terminal in a dead end corridor.

-- Truth and Reconciliation --

• (1:32) Foreign Skull - Check behind one of the one-way doors from which the enemies spawn from.

• (1:46) Terminal 3 - Found on the Covenant Bridge, you walk through this room twice so it's hard to miss. Go up and get it the first time to avoid confusion.

-- The Silent Cartographer --

• (2:03) Famine Skull - Once you clear the first set of enemies on the beach, turn around and face the ocean. Now follow the path right and you'll see a small plateau. Search the top of it to find the skull.

• (2:35) Terminal 4 - It's at the base of the circular structure where you fight two hunters in the middle of the map.

• (2:58) Bandanna Skull - This skull is located at the end of the first facility. You'll need to grenade jump to reach it. If playing in co-op, your partner can commit suicide once you're up top so he/she can spawn next to you and get it as well. This skull is very had to get.

-- Assault on the Control Room --

• (3:36) Fog Skull - In the patrol room, before you head outside again onto the battlefield, search the vent in the center of the room, grenade jump required. Your partner should commit suicide to spawn by you if playing in co-op.

• (4:04) Malfunction Skull - When you reach the gorge, you'll see ladders leading down to lower platforms, jump or climb down to get the skull.

• (4:22) Terminal 5 - At the base of the final snowy battlefield. Climb down the large pyramid, turn around at the bottom and you'll see the terminal in the hole.

-- 343 Guilty Spark --

• (4:48) Recession Skull - Check behind the first shade/tree you see in the swamp, at the start of the mission. Follow the video strictly for reference as it's hard to see.

• (5:19) Terminal 6 - *MISSABLE* Located on top of the final doorway of the facility. When leaving on the last elevator, jump off at the right time to get to it. Make sure you don't ride this all the way up or you may have to restart the level.

-- The Library --

• (5:34) Black Eye Skull - From the start of the level, walk around until you reach the 3rd set of vents, just before you enter the index room for the first time. It's in the right vent; you'll need to grenade jump.

• (5:56) Terminal 7 - On the third level of the library, you'll come across a large circular room with no elevator. Jump around the sides to reach it. You should be able to see it before going to get it.

• (6:19) Eye Patch Skull - Avoid the index on this floor and walk around the edge of the room. It's in-between 2 crates. If you go into the index, you will miss this.

-- Two Betrayals --

• (6:48) Terminal 8 - This terminal is directly opposite you at the very start of the level, hard to miss.

• (7:05) Piñata Skull - After you capture the last Banshee, fly back past the third generator room, then back to the tunnel. It's on the snow hill above the tunnel opening where you came from.

-- Keyes --

• (7:39) Terminal 9 - When you reach Captain Keyes, search the lower walkways underneath him, but clear our the area first.

-- The Maw --

• (7:53) Terminal 10 - Upper cryo-storage room. Climb the ladder to the platform and enter the room in front of you. Search the nearby computer panels for the terminal.

• (8:08) Grunt Birthday Party Skull - Use your Warthog to climb up on the railing where Foehammer goes down near the end of the mission. The timer stops here so it's another hard to miss skull.

Please Like, Comment & Subscribe. Thank you for watching!

Edited by Preykousis

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na mate, it was more than likely a troll. This is what you want, well done.

Though it might be worth adding the extra info to the original post.

-- The Pillar of Autumn --

• (0:00) Iron Skull - Look behind the cryo container in the very first room.

• (0:17) Terminal 1 - Located in the left side of the bridge, at an unmanned computer station.

-- Halo --

• (0:29) Mythic Skull - Search the base of the waterfall visible from your first land point on Halo.

• (0:46) Boom Skull - Before driving into the tunnels, look up at the pipes, walk across the cliff edge to the right to get to it.

• (1:11) Terminal 2 - Head all the way down the tunnel, but don't jump the gap. Take a left downhill to collect this terminal.

-- Truth and Reconciliation --

• (1:32) Foreign Skull - Check behind one of the one-way doors from which the enemies spawn from.

• (1:46) Terminal 3 - Found on the bridge, you walk through this room twice so it's hard to miss.

-- The Silent Cartographer --

• (2:03) Famine Skull - Search the top of the small plateau on the beach.

• (2:35) Terminal 4 - It's at the base of the circular structure where you fight two hunters in the middle of the map.

• (2:58) Bandanna Skull - This skull is located at the end of the first facility. You'll need to grenade jump to reach it.

-- Assault on the Control Room --

• (3:36) Fog Skull - In the patrol room, before you head outside again onto the battlefield, search the vent in the center of the room, grenade jump required.

• (4:04) Malfunction Skull - When you reach the gorge, you'll see ladders leading down to lower platforms, jump or climb down.

• (4:22) Terminal 5 - At the base of the final battlefield. Climb down the pyramid, turn around and you'll see the terminal in the hole.

-- 343 Guilty Spark --

• (4:48) Recession Skull - Check behind the first shade/tree you see in the swamp, at the start of the mission.

• (5:19) Terminal 6 - Located on top of the final doorway of the facility. When leaving on the last elevator, jump off at the right time to get to it.

-- The Library --

• (5:34) Black Eye Skull - Just before you enter the index room for the first time at the start of the level. It's in the right vent; you'll need to grenade jump.

• (5:56) Terminal 7 - On the third level of the library, you'll come across a large circular room with no elevator. Jump around the sides to reach it.

• (6:19) Eye Patch Skull - Avoid the index on this floor and walk around the edge of the room. It's in-between 2 crates.

-- Two Betrayals --

• (6:48) Terminal 8 - This terminal is directly opposite you at the very start of the level.

• (7:05) Piñata Skull - After you capture the last Banshee, fly back past the third generator room back to the tunnel. It's on the top.

-- Keyes --

• (7:39) Terminal 9 - Search the lower walkways underneath Keyes.

-- The Maw --

• (7:53) Terminal 10 - Upper cryo-storage room, search the nearby computer panels for the terminal.

• (8:08) Grunt Birthday Party Skull - Use your Warthog to climb up on the railing where Foehammer goes down near the end of the mission.

Edited by Dark Sayer

If I weren't already using the Rooster Teeth guide, I'd be using this. I still have to give you props though for doing a guide. Not a lot of players are willing to help out others. Nice one! :drunk

(I just wish that someone would do a token video collection guide for Spider-Man 3, so that I can finally finish off and sell that horrible game! :( )

Na mate, it was more than likely a troll. This is what you want, well done.

Though it might be worth adding the extra info to the original post.

I added the timeline to my post above like you suggested :)

Also, thank you to you all so far for your honest feedback. It's very much appreciated as we want to be able to make the best videos possible for the community and every bit of feedback helps!

do skulls not appear when you are playing on easy difficulty? i just beat the game on easy in order to make a few achievements a bit easier and i noticed that the last skull on the maw and the skull on keyes were not there at all. anyone else have that issue? i noticed also that ever since i installed the game to the hard drive that all the textures are off it doesnt look remade and shiny at all like it should be.

My only suggestion is to maybe show a bit more footage with some of the more odd skulls to find. Personally, it took me a few minutes to make odds and ends over where the recession skull was at.

Other than that man, great job! Still don't know how you did the bandanna skull in one shot though :p

Yeah, we thought about that when putting it together. It even took us about 5 minutes to find from our Brady Games guide.

do skulls not appear when you are playing on easy difficulty? i just beat the game on easy in order to make a few achievements a bit easier and i noticed that the last skull on the maw and the skull on keyes were not there at all. anyone else have that issue? i noticed also that ever since i installed the game to the hard drive that all the textures are off it doesnt look remade and shiny at all like it should be.

This very video was recorded on easy. We wanted to get it on the net as fast as possible so we set it to easy and tried our best to get through the game ASAP!

The descriptions by Dark Sayer could be credited since he did write all of it, and even provided a layout. Don't have to but it'd be nice. Also you should edit those descriptions as they are just video references. The descriptions could be a bit more descriptive for some of them. Not all need it but an example is the missable skull. Through the one way door might mean something to you, but other people might assume it's a one way at first then gets unlocked (like from the start). Also without looking at the video, I had assumed the first room was the room being talked about. Not trying to bash it or be picky, just trying to give advice. The bad rating may not have been a troll at all if you caused someone to miss a skull or they ended up needing to use another separate guide.

Edited by Tyger7

The descriptions by Dark Sayer could be credited since he did write all of it, and even provided a layout.

Actually, we wrote that on the video channel after uploading it, he just suggested adding it to this thread in case people were viewing it through X360A as opposed to jumping onto YouTube. Can ask him yourself :)

Also, I'll make some changes to those descriptions then. We wrote them from our Brady Games guide, but I guess we'll add a little bit more information as that guide was vague at best.

Thanks for your feedback dude!

Actually, we wrote that on the video channel after uploading it, he just suggested adding it to this thread in case people were viewing it through X360A as opposed to jumping onto YouTube. Can ask him yourself :)

Also, I'll make some changes to those descriptions then. We wrote them from our Brady Games guide, but I guess we'll add a little bit more information as that guide was vague at best.

Thanks for your feedback dude!

Appreciate you taking the feedback positively. Brady guides do seem to be brief on the important things don't they :)

Indeed they are, paying £10 for the guide where only 4 pages are dedicated to collectibles is bad. If it weren't for the near 400 pages of Halo insight, it would have gone back, but I like my Halo. Even then they said they wouldn't give exact locations to the Skulls as it would ruin the experience... I mean it is supposed to be a guide lol...

The more feedback the better as far as we're concerned! We're making these guides & videos for the community so we'd be stupid to be ignorant and not listen to feedback :D

There are alot of people out there that neg vote for the fun of it, Nice guide, shame id already made a collectible guide in order lol or i would have used this - Our guides are usually up before roosterteeth but get minimal views, they post the vid up and get 200k views.

One thing id say is from experience people like a longer clip in order to be able to see where the collectible is, I see no end of guides being made where its just pretty much an image of the collectible - Good luck with the guides mate - Feel free to sub us...

I just updated the descriptions to make it easier to follow, better than the ones Brady Games had anyway, tell us what you think.

There are alot of people out there that neg vote for the fun of it, Nice guide, shame id already made a collectible guide in order lol or i would have used this - Our guides are usually up before roosterteeth but get minimal views, they post the vid up and get 200k views.

One thing id say is from experience people like a longer clip in order to be able to see where the collectible is, I see no end of guides being made where its just pretty much an image of the collectible - Good luck with the guides mate - Feel free to sub us...

I know, damn trolls! They seem to give you bad ratings just because they get some sick amusement out of it, I personally wouldn't mind if they'd comment in the thread to tell us why they gave it a negative rating so we could use that feedback to improve future guides, but most do it for fun and are rarely constructive.

We also wanted to show a bit more on one of the skulls, but were really trying to beat Rooster Teeth to it. We actually had the guide done on the 15th, but we thought we were going to add commentary so left it until the next day. As you can see, we decided to not do that and uploaded instead on the 16th. If we had made that decision sooner, we would have beaten Rooster Teeth. Always next time eh ;)