Overview

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

- Offline: 0/9 (0:gsicon:)

- Online: 9/9 (250:gsicon:)

- Approximate amount of time to 250:gsicon:: 3+ Hour(s) OR 40 Minutes Boosting

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitched achievements: None

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed?: Extra Controller(s) (Optional)

- Cost of DLC: 800 MSP ($10 USD) or Free w/ WarGames Pass

Introduction

We meet for the last time, Spartans. The Castle Map Pack is the last Multiplayer Map Pack available to download for Halo 4. Like the previous DLC Packs, Castle will offer players 3 new War Game maps and 9 new achievements that can only be obtained online. Perdition offers a large urban and industrial environment with multiple vehicles, long sightlines and close quarters combat. This map will surely cater to nearly any gameplay style. Outcast is set in a desert cliff environment, where controlling vehicles will be critical for success. Lastly, Daybreak focuses on a asymmetrical, UNSC themed cliffside environment. Strategy and communication on this map are key. The achievements will task you with performing specific actions during the Multiplayer which range from using power weapons such as the Spartan Laser, to splattering and beating down 5 enemies in a single match.

Multiplayer:

All nine achievements are tied to the WarGames matchmaking of Halo 4 and cannot be obtained through Custom Games or Spartan Ops. You can boost these achievements if you have a full party of 12 players. If any players have multiple controllers, make sure they plug them in for the use of a guest account.

It is important to know beforehand which maps will offer the best strategy and vehicles, which armor abilities will be required, and what weapons will be necessary in obtaining all nine achievements. Three achievements are tied to vehicle usage, while another five will require weapon-specified kills and armor ability utilization. Lastly, there is a single achievement for completing a match on every Castle map.

• What is Yours is Also Mine, Scrapyard, and Outta My Way! can be done on any map as they task you with hijacking enemy vehicles, destroying enemy-occupied vehicles, and splattering a number of enemies.

• Dodge This! and Ashes to Ashes require the use of Spartan Lasers and Forerunner weaponry and can be done on any map or playlist.

• Hello Nurse! requires you to heal a number of teammates using the Health Regeneration Field armor ability but you can heal yourself too.

• That Won't Save You is best done in a boosting party, as not many people use the Hardlight Shield.

• Beating up the Beat has you beating down enemies, and can be done on any map and game type.

• Sight Seeing is unlocked once you have finished a full match on Perdition, Outcast, and Daybreak.

Conclusion:

Overall, the Castle DLC gives the community some great large-scaled maps with open landscapes for brutal vehicular warfare and beautiful environments worth checking out. With nine new achievements to work on, be prepared to jump into some fast-paced, objective action on Perdition, Mantis mayhem on Outcast, and mobile combat on Daybreak. As the last bit of DLC Halo 4 has to offer for now, the Castle Map Pack does its best at pleasing the Halo community one last time with brand new maps, thus adding a little more life to the Multiplayer this Spring. Remember, all nine achievements can be obtained with a full 12-player boosting lobby, but MUST be done online under the Castle DLC Playlist in WarGames.

- Credit to anyone who heavily contributes!

- This Guide is for the use of x360a only.

Edited by BiggD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0ICLiGJhbC8XXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2VjAAAAAOfn5--h+MM=.jpg What is Yours is Also Mine 40:gsicon:

In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disable a vehicle and then hijack it.

This can be obtained on any Castle map as they all contain vehicles. Equip a Plasma Pistol to your loadout and use the EMP Overcharge (Hold, then release :rtbut:) to disable an enemy occupied vehicle. While the vehicle is still downed, sprint towards it and hold the :xbut: for the hijack. The achievement will unlock once you are in the driver's seat.

1YCLiGJhbC8QXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2VkAAAAAOfn5-pDEzo=.jpg Dodge This! 20:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, get two direct Spartan Laser kills in one match.

You can obtain a Spartan Laser on Outcast, or through an Ordnance Drop. If relying on the latter method, be sure to equip the Ordnance Priority mod to one of your loadouts so that you will obtain Ordnance Drops faster during the match. Once you have acquired the Spartan Laser, proceed to kill an enemy Spartan with a direct blast. Using the Spartan Laser to destroy an enemy-occupied vehicle will also count as long as you obtain the Laser Kill medal. After obtaining two Spartan Laser Kill medals, the achievement will unlock.

1ICLiGJhbC8RXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2VlAAAAAOfn5-uj66k=.jpg Hello Nurse! 30:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, heal a near-death teammate with Regen Field 5 times.

This is best done in an Objective game type, as your team will most likely be staying close to each other when playing defensively. Make sure you and your teammates equip the Regen Field to one of the five loadouts. If you begin taking damage from enemy fire, whether it is from across the map or up close, throw down the Regen Field immediately. If the enemy was able to break your teammates' shields, the Regen Field will help restore their shields and health.

Two alternative and easier methods to obtain this achievement is to charge a Plasma Pistol EMP and shoot your own teammate. Take note that friendly fire only works in Objective game types. Once their shields are down, shoot them 3 times in the chest to lower their health and then throw down the Regen Field to heal them. Repeat this method 4 more times. Additionally, you can do this on your own by tossing a Frag grenade at your feet, and then healing yourself with your own Regen Field.

NOTE: This achievement is cumulative and does not need to be done in a single match.

1oCLiGJhbC8SXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2VmAAAAAOfn5-mC4hw=.jpg That Won't Save You 30:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who is using a Hardlight Shield.

Unless you are boosting this achievement with a partner or second controller, it will prove to be quite frustrating as not many people on Multiplayer use the Hardlight Shield armor ability. If you do catch an enemy using the shield, try to jump over their head or flank them with your teammates in order to pull off an assassination while they are distracted. Make sure you hold the :rbbut: in order to assassinate them. Tapping the button will only beat them down.

1YCLiGJhbC9EXBtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2YwAAAAAOfn5-p4YYQ=.jpg Ashes to Ashes 10:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, disintegrate 6 enemies using Forerunner weapons.

The Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon will be the weapons of choice for this achievement. These Forerunner weapons are quite rare in Ordinance Drops and will not always be readily available on the maps. You can substitute them for a Scattershot by which can be also be obtained through Ordinance, but at a much more frequent rate.

Be sure to conserve Scattershot ammo and use it only in close-quarter engagements in order to kill and disintegrate your enemies. Additionally, Pulse Grenades can also be useful here. You can melee an enemy to drop their shields and then throw a Grenade at them. The first Pulse-blast won't disintegrate them, but the blast will count towards the achievement. If this doesn't register for any reason, the secondary Pulse-blast will disintegrate enemies if their shields are down.

NOTE: This achievement is cumulative and does not need to be done in a single match.

1ICLiGJhbC9FXBtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2YxAAAAAOfn5-uYmRc=.jpg Beating up the Beat 30:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, perform 5 melee kills in a single match.

This should come naturally during any of your matches, but the five beat downs must be done in one match. If you favor the BR/DMR, use its stopping power to strip the enemy's shield away, allowing you to move in for a deadly melee attack. If you favor close quarter weapons such as the Assault Rifle or Suppressor, you can engage your enemies in a CQC firefight, which will allow you to unload half the clip into them before beating them down. Each beat down must be from the front or side. If you beat down an enemy from behind, it will not count towards the achievement.

1oCLiGJhbC9GXBtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2YyAAAAAOfn5-m5kKI=.jpg Sight Seeing 20:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, complete a match in any mode for each Castle map.

Simply complete a full match of any game type on each of the new Castle maps: Perdition, Outcast, and Daybreak. This will come naturally within a few matches.

NOTE: Joining in Progress will not count towards this achievement. You must be in the match from the starting lobby.

14CLiGJhbC9HXBtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2YzAAAAAOfn5-hZaDE=.jpg Scrapyard 30:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, destroy 2 vehicles during a single game.

This can be done on any of the new maps, as they all contain vehicles. There are also a number of ways you can go about destroying an enemy occupied vehicle. If you have a strong precision-based weapon or explosive power weapon, like the Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, or DMR, you can shoot at the vehicle until it explodes.

A better and safer method would be to use the Plasma Pistol's EMP charge to disable the vehicle, and then stick it with one or two plasma grenades. Alternatively, you can use the Rocket-Hog on Perdition, Banshee on Daybreak, or the Mantis on Outcast to destroy other enemy occupied vehicles.

0oCLiGJhbC9AXBtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2Y0AAAAAOfn5-37g8g=.jpg Outta My Way!:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, kill 5 enemies during a match by running them over.

This achievement is best done on Outcast or Daybreak due to the open environment and number of different vehicles. It can be done on Perdition, but this map is much more restricted in terms of open space for maneuverability.

It is suggested to use either a Wraith on Outcast or a Ghost on Daybreak when attempting to splatter enemies. These Covenant vehicles have a boost mechanic (Hold :ltbut:) that can be ignited in a split second. This boost will be useful in catching an enemy off guard and forcefully running them over before they can dodge the assault.

Edited by BiggD

Nice guide. Ultimate complaint? The text in your header is SOOOOOOOOO plain. Gotta spice it up!!! Like what I used in my Halo Anniversary guide:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/infernus2004/Halo%20Keep/632871_20110826_screen002.jpg

Obviously not that one specifically. I picked that to represent the dark, eerie, and somewhat bloody turn that the series took at that point in the game, but point still stands. The text adds character! lol

Edit: Looking back, I really should've put the top text in the left corner and the bottom text in the right so that it wasn't obscuring the Pelican and the Chief. Oh well. What's done is done.

Nice guide. Ultimate complaint? The text in your header is SOOOOOOOOO plain. Gotta spice it up!!! Like what I used in my Halo Anniversary guide:

[Picture]

Obviously not that one specifically. I picked that to represent the dark, eerie, and somewhat bloody turn that the series took at that point in the game, but point still stands. The text adds character! lol

Edit: Looking back, I really should've put the top text in the left corner and the bottom text in the right so that it wasn't obscuring the Pelican and the Chief. Oh well. What's done is done.

Lol, yeah the image/font is filler for now. I usually always put up a base image and edit it later on in the week once the achievements are complete and I'm editing the descriptions :p

Do you think there will be a Castle Map FFA playlist so we can do the boosting with 8 controllers if we wanted to?

No, there won't be. 343 said these maps support 6v6 only. But there is a new Multi-Team game type in in the Castle Playlists, so that's the closest to FFA you're going to get, but Multi-Team is 6 teams of 2.

Do you think there will be a Castle Map FFA playlist so we can do the boosting with 8 controllers if we wanted to?

Unfortunately these maps are large scale in size, so I cant see them putting it in a FFA list. They may, however appear in 5 on 5 objective type games at some point. Like they currently have Exile and Ragnarok in CTF modes, for example.

Also, nice guide Bigg!

So multi-team went back to the 2-man teams, huh? I always like it that way in Halo: Reach. Was so annoyed when they screwed it up with 3 players and turned my gametype into Rocket Hogs. Screw the Rocket Warthog. It was all about the mongoose and the guy with Rockets hanging off the back. Kinda hope they bring that gametype back. lol

Also, nice guide Bigg!

Thanks man!

So multi-team went back to the 2-man teams, huh? I always like it that way in Halo: Reach. Was so annoyed when they screwed it up with 3 players and turned my gametype into Rocket Hogs. Screw the Rocket Warthog. It was all about the mongoose and the guy with Rockets hanging off the back. Kinda hope they bring that gametype back. lol

Yupp, it's back to teams of 2. As for Rocket-Hogs, I feel that none of the disc/DLC maps would support it well though.

Just a quick heads up, it currently seems that hijacking a banshee/ghost does not allow the "What is Yours is Also Mine" achievement to unlock. It must be either a Warthog or a Mongoose.

Edit: Or it doesn't work 100% of the time for some players :(

Also for the "Ashes to Ashes" one, of the games I have played so far, hardly any forerunner weapons spawn on the maps. The only way we got this was to play on any Infinity Slayer game type, the rest do not allow for ordnance drops.

Edited by DarkSeraphim198

0jc8P2NhbC9EXBtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2YwAAAAAVBQUP2JOIQ=.jpg Ashes to Ashes 10:gsicon:

In Castle DLC matchmaking, disintegrate 6 enemies using Forerunner weapons.

The Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon will be the weapons of choice for this achievement. These Forerunner weapons are quite rare in Ordinance Drops and will not always be readily available on the maps. You can substitute them for a Light Rifle however.

Using the Light Rifle's secondary firing mode (scoped in), pick off your enemies from afar. The Light Rifle's accuracy and stopping power will disintegrate any enemy who dies from this Forerunner weapon.

Are you sure using the Light Rifle disintegrates enemies? I've been using it every match so far and haven't been able to get it. Am I doing something wrong? Do they only disintegrate when scoped?

So far these have all been an absolute doddle, just 6 disintegrates and the hardlight shield assassination left to go. Don't know if it's just me, but I'm not getting any disintegrates with the LightRifle under any circumstances. Tried the Boltshot because some guy melted me with it but haven't had any luck with that either. As for the Hardlight Shield... has anyone even seen one on the Castle playlist? Or any other playlist for that matter? I'm starting to doubt it's even in the game.

Just a quick heads up, it currently seems that hijacking a banshee/ghost does not allow the "What is Yours is Also Mine" achievement to unlock. It must be either a Warthog or a Mongoose.

Also for the "Ashes to Ashes" one, of the games I have played so far, hardly any forerunner weapons spawn on the maps. The only way we got this was to play on any Infinity Slayer game type, the rest do not allow for ordnance drops.

Hijacking Covenant vehicles works just as well as UNSC vehicles.

Or use a Light Rifle in any game type. That weapon disintegrates enemies too!

Are you sure using the Light Rifle disintegrates enemies? I've been using it every match so far and haven't been able to get it. Am I doing something wrong? Do they only disintegrate when scoped?

Yupp, all Forerunner weapons disintegrate enemies.

Anyone have a tip for the forerunner weapons and spartan laser? I´m having pretty bad luck getting them and killing with spartan l.

Light Rifle can be chosen for a loadout, it 100% disintegrates enemies. Just be patient and keep getting kills with it.

Since everyone seems to have trouble with it, although it's honestly not that hard...I'll edit the Guide.

There is a Spartan Laser on Outcast.

A perfect way to get the "Hello Nurse" achievement is to charge a plasma pistol blast into a willing team mate and then shoot them 4 times with the same weapon and unleash the Regen Field, it works a charm!

You can deal the damage to your own teammate and then Regen them? If so, I'll add it in if others can confirm.