Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Jack Frost

DLC: Tower Pack

Overview

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

- Offline: 2/2 (30/30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)

- Online: 0/2 (0/0 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)

- Approximate amount of time to 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png: 2 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Number of missable achievements: 1; “Willpower”

- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats

- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

- Glitchy achievements: None

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed?: None

- Cost of DLC: $4.99 USD/FREE with Season Pass.

Introduction

The Tower Pack introduces the player to an experimental virtual-reality combat simulator cooked up by the scientists in D6. The player must complete 5 levels of arena combat with increasing difficulty levels. This difficulty can be further ratcheted up depending on the path through the levels chosen by the player. Every encounter is a stand-up fight, so stealth tactics cannot be used to avoid combat. Completing a level will also grant the player a better selection of weapons for use in the following level. The level can be accessed from the Chapter Select in the Main Menu. Press :xbut: to bring up the “New Chapters” and choose TOWER to begin the level. Once the level is completed, you’ll be brought back to the Main Menu.

It should go without saying that the easiest way to obtain these achievements will be to play on Standard Easy difficulty (as opposed to Ranger Hardcore difficulty). If you have a recent save of the Main Game, the difficulty level of the DLC will be set to that save’s difficulty level, so it is recommended that you start a new game on Standard Easy so that the difficulty level carries over.

Play Through the Levels

Progression is pretty straight-forward after you are dropped into the simulation and you will have to survive 5 levels of arena combat to complete the DLC. Once in the simulation, the weapon selection wall will be on your left and the portals to the arena levels will be straight ahead. These “portals” are merely blue boxes created by the simulator that tell briefly what will be encountered in each arena should the player choose to enter it. The difficulty level of the portals goes from lowest on the left to highest on the right. With the exception of choosing the arena on the far right for the second mission to obtain the “Willpower” achievement, it is advised to take the easiest path on the left for all other arena choices to complete the Tower and unlock the “Test Complete” achievement.

While playing the levels, you are scored and rewarded military grade ammo (MGR) according to how you kill your enemies and for passing waves. You get 1 MGR per enemy killed, and this can be augmented for additional MGR by accomplishing Headshots, Distance Kills, Double Kills and so forth. These MGR can be used to purchase various weapons, support personnel or more ammo lying around in each arena. In general, you will be most interested in finding the ammo caches so you can restock between waves. Enemy corpses disappear upon death, so they cannot be scavenged. Also, the MGR earned do not carry over between missions, so feel free to spend them when you have them.

Conclusion

This DLC can be frustrating for players who generally approach the game using stealth tactics and it may take a bit for them to adjust. However, given a few exploits and some persistence, the DLC can be completed rather easily. Given that there’s not a lot of context to tie this DLC into the main story, it just comes off as a combat arena that can be quickly forgotten once completed.

DLC: Tower Pack

Cost: $4.99 USD/FREE with Season Pass Achievements: 2 Points: 30

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1550/UP5NoQ0=.jpgTest Сomplete - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete the TOWER level.

After entering the simulation, you’ll be given the ability to choose 3 weapons to take into the arena of your choice. The weapon selection will be sparse at first, but will increase in number as you complete missions. Essentially you’ll want a Kalash, the Shambler and for precision shots either the tricked-out Lowlife or one of the Sniper Rifles when these become available. Though feel free to choose whatever you’re most comfortable with.

Mission 1:

- Choose the only path available

- Will consist of 2 waves of Human Enemies

The arena is essentially a large rectangle with 3 levels, the upper level being merely a catwalk, and the lower level largely being submerged in ankle-deep water. The enemies will initially spawn from the two large doors under the sign that shows what wave you are currently in.

However, positioned around the map are the yellow switchboxes that are used to shut off lights in the main campaign. Enemies can use these boxes to open additional spawn points around the arena. Once these points are open, they cannot be closed by the player.

If the player has Claymores, they can be set up right in front of the two initial spawn points before the wave begins for some easy kills. Then they can stand on the upper level catwalk and kill the soldiers as they spawn in the doorways, taking cover on the right when your health is low. Or post up behind the pillar on left side of the middle level just as you come upstairs from the water-filled lower level. When posted there, enemies will slowly try to creep up on you and can get hung up on the wall. This allows you to pop around the corner and shoot them easily while they are “confused”. Though using this method you will need to keep an eye on enemies creeping down from the upper catwalk across the arena.

Mission 2:

- Choose the path on the far right

- A HUGE zone that will consist of 4 waves of Nosalises

This arena is largely similar to the one in Mission 1, a rectangle with three levels, but frankly, it doesn’t really matter.

The only strategy to employ here is to simply run around the arena and never stop. Really, that’s it. You may end up having to shoot 1 or 2 Nosalises that get directly in your way, but overall they can be dodged very easily. Any damage you take will likely be healed before you ever have to use a health pack. Even the “screaming” Nosalises have little effect with this method.

Simply run around the arena until the arbitrary time limit for each wave expires (there is no timer except the one between waves), the Nosalises will die and the time to the next wave will begin to count down. After completing the 4 waves, the “Willpower” achievement will unlock.

Mission 3:

- Choose the path on the far left

- Will consist of 5 waves of Human Enemies

This arena is largely a box, again with three levels. Make your way up to the top floor and post up behind one of the corner pillars on the side opposite the spawn doors that have the notice above them telling you what wave you’re in. You’ll know you’re on the right side when you find a small, open area that has an ammo cache to open for 40 MGR and a pack of health kits on a pillar to the left of the ammo. In general, enemies will only try to come at you from one direction, however a few will get clever and try to come up behind you. Like the first arena, there are additional spawn points the enemies can open, so you’ll need to keep an eye on them once they are open. Whichever side you post on, you should lay a few Claymores down on the opposite side to mitigate the number of enemies that might try to flank you.

Also, some of the enemies will camp and there are snipers (noted by their green laser sights) that will wait for you to pop out. But keep in mind that, like the Nosalis levels, there is only a finite time for each wave. So if the enemies are just posted up waiting for you, you can simply wait them out instead and end the wave.

Mission 4:

- Choose the path on the far left

- Will consist of 5 waves of Nosalises

When the mission starts, turn 180° and run through the tunnel. You will emerge into a large, square section of the arena with a raised pathway all the way around it. This will be your flight path for the next 5 waves. Simply run around the top of the arena dodging Nosalises until the waves end.

Mission 5:

- Choose the only path available

- Will consist of 3 waves of Nosalises

There is a mingun and extra ammo for it to pick up if you feel you need it, but it will be unnecessary. This room is one giant circle and the only enemies are Nosalises, so employ the strategy of simply running around the room until the waves end. At the end of Wave 3, the achievement will unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1550/UPxsqLg=.jpgWillpower - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Сomplete at least one HUGE mission.

Please see “Test Complete” for information on acquiring this achievement.

Special thanks to

SATYATEX for his excellent tips that helped inform this guide.

Edited by Jack Frost

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Metro: Last Light / DLC: Tower Pack Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

This guide is WRONG

Mission 1 - Humans

Mission 2 - Far Left - Nosalis Normal

Mission 3 - Far Right is a huge zone rated Highest with Nosalise. Middle is Horde High Nosalis, and Left is Normal Nosalis. Can't get past this set so I have no idea what comes next.

Mission 4 - Far Right humans

Mission 5 - Unknown (assuming Librarians and Nosalis)

Edited by Quid Squid

Not sure what I did wrong, but I ended up having Nosalises and Librarians in wave 3 of the final mission. Librarians are no joke and running around in circles didn't work. I ended up buying the two reinforcements at the start of wave 3 and made a stand in the middle with the minigun, falling back into the rear area when I started getting overwhelmed.

This guide is WRONG

Mission 1 - Humans

Mission 2 - Far Left - Nosalis Normal

Mission 3 - Far Right is a huge zone rated Highest with Nosalise. Middle is Horde High Nosalis, and Left is Normal Nosalis. Can't get past this set so I have no idea what comes next.

Mission 4 - Far Right humans

Mission 5 - Unknown (assuming Librarians and Nosalis)

Oh, dammit! You're right.

I'm an idiot. I accidentally swapped left and right in the lines in which I told you to choose a path. They were the exact opposite of what should be chosen.

It should be:

1. Only one path

2. Choose far RIGHT path

3. Choose far LEFT path

4. Choose far LEFT path

5. Only one path

Sorry about that!

I will get it changed in the official guide as well.

Not sure what I did wrong, but I ended up having Nosalises and Librarians in wave 3 of the final mission. Librarians are no joke and running around in circles didn't work. I ended up buying the two reinforcements at the start of wave 3 and made a stand in the middle with the minigun, falling back into the rear area when I started getting overwhelmed.

You followed my incorrect guide is what you did wrong. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Well ill say great guide man. I jumped into this dlc first after some time away from the game and I was getting owned! You're definitely right about people who use stealth might have some issues at first. Using the small reinforcements at the right time will save you though. Thanks again!

Shit, I hope you got to use the corrected version and not the one I messed up! :D

And I play this game with as much stealth as possible, so yeah, these arenas didn't really float my boat. I was happy to find a way through them because I really like the game and wanted all the achievements for it...

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I had to kill the Librarians with the miniguns, you can't run from them, they are too fast.

They really buffed the Librarians up from the first game, they can kill you in a few swipes on easy. They were pretty easy to kill on Normal in 2033.

This DLC was pretty awful, quite liked the Faction Pack though. Next 2 DLCS to go.

Yeah, I had to kill the Librarians with the miniguns, you can't run from them, they are too fast.

They really buffed the Librarians up from the first game, they can kill you in a few swipes on easy. They were pretty easy to kill on Normal in 2033.

This DLC was pretty awful, quite liked the Faction Pack though. Next 2 DLCS to go.

Out of curiosity, you used the guide and still got Librarians on Mission 5?

I'm just checking because if that's so, then my guide is wrong again... :D

• 4 months later...

I think 3 and 4 might be backwards in your guide. When I complete the HUGE zone as mission 2 (with nosalises), my only options are Nosalises normal, horde, and huge. I'm also having trouble completing normal so I don't even know what mission 4 options are.

Edited by RoyallFreshness

Out of curiosity, you used the guide and still got Librarians on Mission 5?

I'm just checking because if that's so, then my guide is wrong again... :D

I got librarians on wave 3/3 on mission 5. Won't die...

Ok, finished it. Was buying the back-up too early. Saved both for round 3 and used the mini gun for all of round 3. Focused on librarians when they showed. Mini gun plus backup killed them quickly. Eventually backup died and just walked backwards firing at the librarians hoping nosalises would catch a lot of crossfire. The time ran out just as I was backed into the corner and starting to get overrun.

Edited by RoyallFreshness

• 4 months later...

By the way, if you are having trouble with the last mission (5), switch the difficulty to hardcore. You take more damage, but you also deal a lot more making the guys actually die when you shoot them instead of being ammo sponges. Keeps you from being swarmed and lets the gates last longer.