Do people really hate this game?

Sizzy

I just finished on casual mode, and I have to say that this game was enjoyable. The only thing I disliked was the load time of course. Nothing else seemed wrong with the game aside from how hard the enemies hit, even on the easiest mode (which is made up for by the amount of hits you can take once your "shield" is depleted). And hey, now I have three xbox 360 games out of 100 or so that show breasts. So that's something I guess.

Since then, I have cleared around 1/3 of the game on insane, and I have to say, the worst thing about it is the melee pig enemy. Raising the health and damage of enemies who had a pretty high base even on the easiest difficulty takes a bit of the fun from the game. But other than that, it's the hardest difficulty, it's to be expected. It's no worse than CoD games on vet.

From what I have heard about this game, I expected it to be complete shit, but it was far from it. Duke Nukem to me has always been crude humor and an average shooter, from pc to n64 (which were the ones I played). What did people really expect this to be? I think it really fits the role it has always had. At least PC and up era.

WE DO hate this game.

It took too long to come out to be a big disappointment.

unless you played the early duke nukem games you just will not understand.

the game has awful graphics, awful controls and god damn awful jokes.

the gameplay is hideous and controlling the guns is a nightmare, even punching is bulky and horrible.

this game is up there with aliens vs predator.

WE DO hate this game.

It took too long to come out to be a big disappointment.

unless you played the early duke nukem games you just will not understand.

the game has awful graphics, awful controls and god damn awful jokes.

the gameplay is hideous and controlling the guns is a nightmare, even punching is bulky and horrible.

this game is up there with aliens vs predator.

Early as in what, the side scrolling ones? What did you expect from this? I mean, the graphics aren't that bad, they aren't great, but did you expect a halo 3 budget? From what I can find, it had half the budget.

The gameplay is fine, DUKE NUKEM has never had superb gameplay. Did you want knifing, sliding, melee combos?

I didn't find the shooting aspect hideous at all. I aimed at something, shot it, and killed it. Did you want custom weapons with attachments? I mean, you're saying all these things but not telling me what you wanted from it. The melee is even bad? The melee? The one where it's like almost every other shooter I have played?

As for how long it took to come out, I was under the impression Duke Nukem lost almost all steam and ran only on nostalgia.

I played some of the early games (from what it looks like, I have now played over half of them). DN was the first PC game I ever saw. I loved the n64 version, and even had the gameboy cartridge, although I never played it. I liked DN enough to buy DN3d off the xbox marketplace. But I'm not going to let nostalgia run my life. It holds no special place in my heart. No game does. I'm just not following what you're trying to express.

Apart from the first 20 minutes or so, I disliked it very much. Having said that, I did see the credits roll. The multiplayer was awful. I like Duke as a character, but I thought the game was mediocre. :o

Duke as a character has always been a joke I thought. Even when I was a tiny child playing the PC game, I never had it in my mind that Duke Nukem was some sort of non satirical badass. My first impression was an over the top badass meant to be a joke to make the player laugh.

the first 20 minutes and the rest of the game didn't seem different to me at all. =/

I guess I have never really seen the Duke Nukem series as amazing like some others have, although I have liked it. And I felt this game was great for a Duke Nukem game.

Edited by Sizzy

• 2 months later...

For 15$ i loved it. Duke Nukem was my favorite series growing up. I had wished there was more dlc. I loved this game. I even found the pre order statue new at a thrift store for 1$. i got 1205 in it. the dlc was amazing. Many of the reviewers never even played the original games. It is now at bargain bin price get it at that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Personally, I love the game. It's far from perfect, and did not meet my expectations after waiting for so many years, but I liked it. I'm a huge Duke fan, I own every version of DN3D and all the other Duke games.

I love the online multiplayer the most. It has a 90s feel to it, which I always enjoy and miss when that was the way it always was.