Mass Effect delayed to September

S The Gangsta

BioWare's much-anticipated Xbox 360 RPG Mass Effect has finally been pencilled in for release this September, months after the June/July arrival date previously expected.

The news comes from an official Microsoft event this morning, though no more details have been offered.

The September release puts Mass Effect in head-to-head competition with fellow first-party RPG Blue Dragon, which is also released that month. This might seem silly to you budding industry analysts, but it's probably just as beneficial for Microsoft to avoid the infamous Summer drought.

BioWare's latest picked up one of the first CVG Most Wanted awards this weekend, and rightly so - because we're quite literally counting the days until its arrival (or at least we are now that we have a date to count down to).

Source: computerandvideogames.com

• 2 weeks later...

microsoft's only actual goal is for it to be out by christmas, so even september might be definite. i just want it to be out already. they've had a working demo for well over a year, and they never even released that to the public. this game better own for how much it's beginning to piss me off

• 1 month later...

There is no way im going to be able to buy and play all the games that i want (my wallet hates me), its getting crazy with all the games that are due out in the next couple of months, not that its bad :D but didnt it seem like not to long ago there were months that there was no games that even intrested me. Now there is like at least 20 games that i could name due out by the end of the summer that i want starting with 2 today.

Anyways ive been looking forward to this game for a while and im sure it will be well worth the wait

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a headache... I thought the September release date was only official for the UK? The whole thing was that they wanted to get Mass Effect out before E3... which obviously isn't the case. I'm still hoping it comes out by the end of this month but it won't... stupid Mass Effect and it's delays... why must great games always be off in the distance?!??!?! I need to save up like $1,500 now just to be able to buy all the games that I want to from now until January...:(:drunk