• Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
drawn together sucks. Sorry lol. Poor script, aweful idea. South park was actually interesting lol

In contrast, I find South Park to be leagues above Family Guy. I liked Family Guy just around when it got cancelled at first. The problem was it had no cohesive plot. Some episodes just flat out ended riding along a joke somewhere in the middle of the show. That and the "dragging out" gimmick wore VERY thin after the 67th time Peter skins his knee and wastes up to 2-3 minutes of the show or the Chicken Fight...which WAS funny the first few times.

South Park manages to take current events and address them in a great non-preachy funny/smart way. The Capturing Saddam ep is a great example. It runs along with a fantastic documentary on Trey and Matt called "6 Days To Air".

Basically, they write each episode within a week of airing it and sometimes it's submitted the DAY it's supposed to air! It was quite interesting to see their process of coming up with ideas. Also wasn't aware Bill Hader was a writer.

One thing I also picked up from their "Mini Commentaries" on each episode (which I love on most shows but they only do a 5+ minute segment rather than the whole ep), one in particular was how they came up with the Make Love Not Warcraft ep. They actually worked WITH Blizzard and had a special Server set up for them. Before the plot was even thought up, someone hacked into their game and was being a douche so one of the Devs did a sort of super "Death Touch" and it was this whole Taboo thing about doing that. It was very thought provoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTABGQmB1w

I love classic Tom & Jerry and Dragon Ball. I have to say the one i watched the most of was Dexter's Laboratory though and Cow & Chicken, Ed Edd and Eddy, Johnny Bravo and Courage. Even nowadays i enjoy Cartoon Network especially Amazing World of Gumball along with Adventure Time and Regular Show too.

I still enjoy The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad are still fun. South Park has always been good, though they seriously misjudged the boobs to wiener ratio in Game Of Thrones haha unless the books have excessive wieners.

Most recently i have gotten into Rick and Morty. There are a lot more but yeah i think my favorite has to be Dexter's Laboratory. Edit: I always forget i watched Pokemon a lot :p i guess because i liked collecting the cards more.

Edited by Starkweather

• 4 weeks later...
I love classic Tom & Jerry and Dragon Ball. I have to say the one i watched the most of was Dexter's Laboratory though and Cow & Chicken, Ed Edd and Eddy, Johnny Bravo and Courage. Even nowadays i enjoy Cartoon Network especially Amazing World of Gumball along with Adventure Time and Regular Show too.

I still enjoy The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad are still fun. South Park has always been good, though they seriously misjudged the boobs to wiener ratio in Game Of Thrones haha unless the books have excessive wieners.

Most recently i have gotten into Rick and Morty. There are a lot more but yeah i think my favorite has to be Dexter's Laboratory. Edit: I always forget i watched Pokemon a lot :p i guess because i liked collecting the cards more.

I was HUGE into DBZ for a while. I actually started with the Buu saga, in full japanese. No subtitles. No dub. I got the gist of it though. DB and DBGT I couldn't get into. DBZ was the juicy part with the best characters and villains.

I miss the great Sat Morning Classics like Centurions, Dino-Riders, Dinosaucers, Silverhawks, The Inhumans, etc. Those were some amazing original ideas <3

I was HUGE into DBZ for a while. I actually started with the Buu saga, in full japanese. No subtitles. No dub. I got the gist of it though. DB and DBGT I couldn't get into. DBZ was the juicy part with the best characters and villains.

Well in terms of memories i just remember watching Dragon Ball in Portugal with some funny dubs and catchy theme song before i moved to the UK. But yeah later DBZ was where i was really excited to watch episodes every week.

Well in terms of memories i just remember watching Dragon Ball in Portugal with some funny dubs and catchy theme song before i moved to the UK. But yeah later DBZ was where i was really excited to watch episodes every week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53I3A7ptY5I

I still bob around to this :p

Or do you mean WE GOT POWAH!!!!!! ?

Edited by Flibbity Floid