Observe the Grenade

I believe this is the easiest way. 3 tries and 4 grenades (I missed one shot), 3 minutes. Here is what I did.

On the boss battle with weasel or whatever his name is :p, after you run up and hit the second switch on the right of the area you are fighting his hench men in, as SOON as you are exiting the switch area after you have hit it there should be (I believe) a missile launcher cover thing, that is if you didnt take cover behind it on the way to the switch and it got de-resed, so try to avoid this. Take cover behind it (granted it didnt get de-resed). Now there should immediately spawn 3 testers right near you, dont shoot them right away. One will run and take cover on sand bags, another will take cover behind a taller cover object right next to him, the third tester will run up the stairs and pause for a moment, basically almost right between the other two, however this tester WILL also take cover so just be leaning around your cover and ready to take the shot. This will all be happening basically right in front of you. Shoot the one that runs up the stairs WHILE they are standing still. KA-BOOM. 3 kills, 1 achievement.

Hope this helps.

Also, I did it on casual cause I figured it would be easiest.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end I just rapid-fired my grenades at the group of testers and the achievement popped without me really aiming at anything. Using one grenade would perhaps kill two testers but only damage the third. Firing a cluster would mean the first explosion damages all the testers and the second grenade is enough to kill all three.

Certainly it's down to luck. However that's another 1000g done and dusted, and another game traded in.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
After following the several posted suggestions for this achievement for about 3 hours, I decided to try JordBrett's advice and it worked for me.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/880/s19.jpg Observe the Grenade 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill three Testers with one grenade launcher shot. "Test the grenades: check!"

---"Use the room right before the boss battle (you take an elevator up and when you exit, there's a bookcase directly in front of you).

---On your left is a red guy and to the right is a pink. Step forward and kill the red guy, then back up back into the elevator to prevent the pink guy from going behind you.

---Look right and kill the yellow guy. Hopefully, all the pink testers will be on the right. Grab the Max Hazard pickup on the left side of the room.

---Take cover on the left side of the initial bookcase, aim around and hit the pink tester in the middle."

Be sure to shoot the grenade launcher more than once. Sometimes you'll still be able to unlock the achievement even if you've shot more than once. Keep trying. You'll get it.

This will be the most aggravating and frustrating achievement in the game. If you got it without trying, then you got lucky. Go luck everyone.

I just did exactly what you said word for word, and close to two years since I played I maxed this game out, thanks

• 1 year later...

"I did it! I actually KILLED 3 testers with a single grenade!" ~ spoken like Wally Wellesley when he has killed Matt Hazard.

I did this during phase 3 of the final boss fight. Right from the checkpoint, I walked down the steps and took cover behind the rocket launcher. As soon as the tester that spawns on the left walks over to the right towards another tester, I walked to the sand bags on front of me and took cover.

The third tester (who spawns the farthest away) comes walking up the steps and tries going to the left. If you are aiming just right, as the third tester reaches to top step, you can fire a grenade at him killing all three testers.

It took me three attempts at this, and the first was just witnessing their pattern. If you're having a hard time doing this any other way, I'd say try this method as it's fast and easy to reset if you fail.

• 2 months later...

I got so mad after about 45 minutes of trying to get this. I just started lobbing all 6 of my grenades out of my gun. About after 5 minutes of doing this the achievement pops. So it's time based and not grenade based. 3 kills in about a second and a half seem to be where it's at.