Why is there no love for this game?

Fat Grover

For me personally, the characters annoyed me, raspy bad voice acting, dull, forgettable characters and the story was boring. Those things make a game much more enjoyable to me. The graphics are good and for the actual gameplay it was pretty cool but yet again I felt limited as to what I could do, like it was all a set path if you get what I'm saying. More freedom would of been nice and suit upgrades too. Either way I did enjoy it and it was a good play :)

Also it's funny that someone mentions multiplayer and there is none because on the title screen it says "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB".

Edited by Hyperion

• 3 months later...
Agreed. It's a really decent game. Kinda like GoW with turbo boost :) I think it hurts it just looks too Japanese and that's why people don't even give it a shot. Also, I heard it's rather difficult, but so far I've got to say I died really rarely (done with Act 3).

That's what I kept thinking. Wasnt awful that everybody is hating. So what if it had a smaller budget and different direction than what we wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Why no love?

-lots of bugs

-linear as hell

-same experience

-glitched achievements

-online is even more stripped down than the single player game

-MP rewards camping/sniping too heavily

-nothing new

-lackluster story/presentation

-typical shitty EA servers

Wrong game - there are no bugs, its not an EA game, lots of new things mainly the fluid bespoke engine Platinum made, and most importantly theres no multiplayer. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Remember thinking about getting this game when it first came out. For some reason I never picked it up. I think it had something to do with the campaign not running for that many hours.

However the people I know who did get the game all liked it quite a bit. Read about it again today in Eurogamers article "Vanquish retrospective".

Have now decided to go out and buy it. :)

• 6 months later...

I just got this game recently and have been playing through on hard. It is a very fun game and very fast paced. The story isnt the greatest but that can be said for most games out there.

The game is very well done and not glitchy at all. I think a low advertising budget hurt this game because I dont remember seeing any ads for it.

• 3 months later...