thoughts on the darkness 2

WulfSpyder86

It's good until the screen goes bright white so you cannot see what's going on. I keep dying in the same place on this one Vendetta mission. It's just plain ridiculous. Ruining what otherwise has been enjoyable so far.

I agree about the screen whiteness - very frustrating sometimes but good game apart from that :)

• 1 month later...

Have you guys played the first game RECENTLY?

I really liked the first game, but come on, the second one is WAY better. I only played these games because my friend told me how *great* it was....

I played the first game years ago and hated it, stopped after the first level.....so this past month I played BOTH games (aka its fresh in my mind).

Now, the first game is very good. The story is good and I like the style (although I also like the second games style as well). Love the underworld levels too.....but overall it doesn't compare to this game.

First of all, using guns in the first game SUCKS. Never mind not having iron sights, the red dot cross hair and clunky controls sucked. Using the Darkness (demon arm for example) also wasn't that great in the first game either. The controls are EXTREMELY tight in this game. Nothing ground breaking but they work, and make the game fun.

And, to the people who liked the open worldiness of the previous game, why?! Its not like that world is inhabited by anybody. Outside of the subway its just an empty world of nothing....

Just my .02 cents. Darkness had a cool story/atmosphere but what 2 lost in a shorter story/less dark atmosphere in made up for in the game actually be EXTREMELY FUN to play.

• 2 months later...
this game was lame compared to the first, it turned into a mindless FPS that i couldnt wait till it was over.

Just picked this up for a fiver and cant agree with you more, its just rubbish compared to the first which I think was a mindblowing game.

This is just a standard , very linear shoot/beat em up with childish awful cartoon graphics and totally lacks originalilty and suspense of the first one.

Like Bioshock 2 , which was also a major disappointment it seems targeted at a quickly satisfied, younger audience who only like multiplayer shooters.( read: more $$)

Nothing wrong with that , I played 300 hours of Gears of War3 multiplayer, but this just lacks ANY originality whatsoever.

Can't remember any game with that more stupid A.I. who just stand there waiting to be shot and ripped apart.

Edited by raidenhardcore

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I tough the graphics would turn me off but it was not the case. It was my major fear. Im not a fan of cartoonish graphics but the way there make does not look "too cartoonish" and it fit with the comic vibe. I prefer Jackie's design too, much closer to the comic.

The first game was good in its time but it aged terrible. First of all the number of time you got to run around time... oops excuse me, walk around town cause there is no run button !!! This was ok for a first playtrough in 2007 but today it would be hell. Its why ill probably never play the first game again.

Also i enjoyed the dark storyline and such but some parts bugged me, i rather take the asylum in 2 rather than those damn WW1 parts in the first game. The rest, the powers etc, there just so much better in 2.

And i actually like the fact its short. FPS that drag for too long usually give me a bad memory.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed a lot The Darkness 1 back then and im glad i 1000/1000 it, but i wouldn't redo it today. Oh hell no. The Darkness 2 on the other hand, im going for the 1000 and its fairly enjoyable, even in 2018.