Homo Homini Lupus Est

Roose91

Just got this myself.

Did it on Easy difficulty. Wave one use the mini gun. Wave 2 (try and be fully loaded with ammo before it starts) use the mini gun. Pick up the Rifle. when the snipers appear use the rifle to snipe them. (its counted as a heavy weapon)

Shield enemies appear. Continue to snipe the enemy snipers, when the shield guys get close switch to mini gun and get rid of them (doesn't matter if you die, I died twice at this point and reloaded the check point, previous kills still counted)

experiment with the time you get to kill the shield guys & mini gunner and are automatically killed when he gets close. Snipe as many enemy snipers as you can, see how many you can get before shields & mini gunner kill you. reload and do the same again, this time though, switch to mini gun before the kill point and take out the shield guy & mini gunner.

When that's done during the last wave you will get the achievement pop.

Hopefully that all makes sense. If not feel free to ask questions. :)

I have literally played this mission over 30 times and still nothing. I've watched the videos, I've used just the mini-gun, I've used the mini-gun and the rail-gun, I've even used the grenade launcher and still nothing. I've played it on easy, normal, and hardcore and nothing. I'm not shooting the guys on the right, I know they don't count. I've even removed the preferences file and the latest update and it's still not popping. This is the last achievement I need for the game and it's quickly becoming the hardest one for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to say it's glitched but I can't believe I haven't gotten this yet. Any advice on what I may be doing wrong??

Are you killing all of the shield guys or do you let some die in the explosion of the heavy? I don't think that counts, so try killing all of the shield guys...

Okay I'll try that but it always seems that the last shield guy is auto killed when the rockets take out the heavy gunner. I'm gonna give it a few tries and see what happens. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
tried jack frost's suggestion about 7 times and still nothing. i seriously believe this achievement is glitched. i also reinstalled the dlc and i still can't get this to pop. insanely frustrating as the description makes it seem simple.

Hell man sorry to hear that. It took a few tries for me on Easy but not that many. Not sure what to suggest at this point.

this achievement can go fuck itself...i've done it countless times on easy with both the only-minigun method and switching to the sniper rifle for the sniper part. after switching weapons sometimes I am unable to shoot. sometimes i have to hold both LT and RT and the minigun will start to shoot. Sniper rifle doesn't do anything. I have deleted the DLC and preference file and nothing helps.

Edit: tried a new save on my hdd and not cloud and eventually unlocked it. Not sure what was going on where I couldn't shoot, I was re-pumping the sniper.

Edited by Quid Squid

• 2 months later...

This achievement is obtained on the DLC level "ASSAULT INFANTRY" from the Faction Pack.

The trick is to kill only enemies on your side of the bridge. Stick to the machine gun and mow down the fodder that run right down the middle. When the snipers appear keep up the same tactic but aim your shots the best as you can. They spawn repeatedly from the same points so you will know where to look from the video. Continue to take down as many snipers as you can even when the shield enemies come but don't let them come too close before taking them down. The last wave of fodder down the middle after that is where you will get your achievement.

Old thread but oh well lol. I finally got this to unlock by using your method. But i seriously think that it may be with the one weapon, which would be the minigun. before this i sniped every goddamn sniper that was coming out all the while killing the shiled guys and mowed down the wave of mutants and didn't pop. Mines popped around the same time yours did doing ur method. so thanx man.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate this fucking achievement sooooo much. I've spent over 4 hours working dedicately on this single shitty achievement. I keep seeing from posts how people got it on their 4th try usually at latest. I've done well the fuck past that and I still can't beat the piece of shit to save my life. I'm just going to let someone else use my account and get the fucking thing, this is bullshit.

I hate this fucking achievement sooooo much. I've spent over 4 hours working dedicately on this single shitty achievement. I keep seeing from posts how people got it on their 4th try usually at latest. I've done well the fuck past that and I still can't beat the piece of shit to save my life. I'm just going to let someone else use my account and get the fucking thing, this is bullshit.

The tips in the guide didn't help?

no, I couldn't snipe fast enough, everytime I tried to shoot the people through the faceplates it would just hit the faceplate I'd waste so much time trying to kill them that I couldn't get the snipers, and when I tried to do just the minigun I couldn't hit the snipers to save my life :-/ but I got a friend to get it and of course they were able to play it and get it on the first try. *sighs* I have the shitties luck of all the people it seems.

You happen to have the chronicles dlc? I'm having an issue with pavel, namely one of the room doors is locked but in every playthrough video I've watched it's unlocked, there's no way to unlock it I've replayed it 3 times now that room just isn't unlocking for me for some reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay I think this achievement has issues.What worked for me was clearing my cache.Then I did not download the update so I was playing offline. I started the level mowed down all the enemies coming down the tracks at me with the minigun. Then when they were done I picked up ammo, and the sniper rifle. I sniped the enemies on the left, and the the two that spawn on the right tracks.

I pretty much left the sniper alone that was high up and right. What might have helped is I would snipe one of the guys behind the shields which I think slows them down because it makes them take time to reform before they move forward again.

When they paused I would continue to take out as many snipers as possible. Rinse and repeat. When the flamethrower was dead I would take as many snipers out as possible.Then when the enemies started coming down the tracks I went back to the minigun,and took them out until the achievement popped. The only bad thing is since I did not accept the update I have no date stamp on the achievement. Hope this helps.