Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Regarding the survival achievement. As far as I can tell you can only set maximum frags to 999 yet the kill requirement is 1000. I did a match and got 999 kills set up another one with a short time limit and got a few more yet it did not unlock so I'm guessing it's either not cumulative or my achievement is glitched, can anyone help me with this?

Edited by Missingnin80

Regarding the survival achievement. As far as I can tell you can only set maximum frags to 999 yet the kill requirement is 1000. I did a match and got 999 kills set up another one with a short time limit and got a few more yet it did not unlock so I'm guessing it's either not cumulative or my achievement is glitched, can anyone help me with this?

Did you finish the second game? They might only count if a game is completed. I'm going to change the guide and say to do two games of 500 instead with the max time. Try this.

I did finish the second game yeah. The first one took 20 odd to 30 odd mins (I forget) however with the 2nd I set it to 3 mins and just killed until the time ran out and nothing popped:(. I'll try doing 2 sittings of 500 kills tonight and get back to you

Alright let me know. If nothing pops, I'll update the guide to report it as glitched. Not sure how it could be fixed, you may have to delete your player stats long enough to get the achievement.

Either way, I plan on doing Survival kills before I get into the main game when August 30 rolls around.

Fantastic guide! This business with the DLC is pathetic though. They took ages to release this- a severely gutted version of Painkiller -on consoles, and now they are putting out DLC? Unbelievable. North America still does not have the damn game and I'm sure it will be dead online by the time September comes around. If I did not enjoy Painkiller so much, I would not support this bullshit. Maybe the DLC will be free as a token of appreciation? Fat chance.

The online is already dead. Fat chance of finding anyone to co-op with, and to do the online achievements, unless you boost 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey markofpower maybe you can answer a question for me. If I start a public or private game with only me in it then if I die It will only let me continue from the beginning of the stage, there is no option to continue from last checkpoint. If I do it split screen will it let me continue from the checkpoint I left off from?. I guess I could start at a lower difficulty so I don't die (Had already started a nightmare run with a friend so he could get his nightmare achievement however he hasn't been online for a while).

Hey markofpower maybe you can answer a question for me. If I start a public or private game with only me in it then if I die It will only let me continue from the beginning of the stage, there is no option to continue from last checkpoint. If I do it split screen will it let me continue from the checkpoint I left off from?. I guess I could start at a lower difficulty so I don't die (Had already started a nightmare run with a friend so he could get his nightmare achievement however he hasn't been online for a while).

You can't get the difficulty ones in co-op as far as I know. The descriptions both state 'solo campaign.' All you have to do is do a private co-op game with just yourself and put it on Daydream. You really shouldn't die or have a problem on Daydream.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to go for Evil's Double Time, seeing as it didn't pop on my first play through. I can't remember if I got all but one of the secret areas or not. But what puzzles me is the fact that a lot of the time there was plenty ammo I couldn't pick up. There has to be a way round having to fire weapons every single time that happens, before you can pick them up? Or am I missing that there is exact ammo types you have to get or there is tarot cards you have to use, anything at all?

Also, wanted to added a wee tip for anyone having trouble possessing 25 enemies in Loony Park. I did it on my 2nd attempt, but by skin of my teeth (possessed the very last enemy and the achievement popped!) I think because typically, for the first time ever, I fell down the gap you have to jump with a fully charged soulcatcher, causing me to lose the charge and have to charge it fully again. I think the only reason I got it after that was by being aware of two things:

1. When Loony Park started up I shot all the tin barrels from a distance, before triggering enemies to start spawning. I think there was only 1 I missed before they started.

2. Watch out for the bagged enemies, similar to the ones in Orphanage. They are popcorn bags in this one. Again, they explode when they get too close, so be sure to keep them at a distance so you don't lose them.

Edited by MsBehavin

But what puzzles me is the fact that a lot of the time there was plenty ammo I couldn't pick up. There has to be a way round having to fire weapons every single time that happens, before you can pick them up?

Also, wanted to added a wee tip for anyone having trouble possessing 25 enemies in Loony Park.

Yes, the only way to pick up ammo boxes that are for ammo that you are full up on requires you to fire at least one shot from the weapon the ammo type uses, then pick up the box. In case you can't take it still, move away from it and then move back into it.

Thanks for the tips about possessing enemies. Another tip is to group the enemies together as close as possible and then fire at the ground. Once (in the demo) I was able to possess three soldiers in one shot.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm sure I had problems with one of the secret areas first time too. I'm sure it's the first one. I remember thinking at the time, that maybe I was too far on to do it. There's a guide with some details on true achievements that should help a bit though.

Thanks for the tips about possessing enemies. Another tip is to group the enemies together as close as possible and then fire at the ground. Once (in the demo) I was able to possess three soldiers in one shot.

Yes, was waiting until they were together firing and catching 2-3 at a time.

Edited by MsBehavin

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Nightmare is Over achievement. Level select was fine and it popped.

Something odd I have noticed and wonder if is correct, I used the tarot card which gives you 2.5% towards your health. I never noticed my health go up with it at all during Nightmare and had to rely on collecting souls.

Since I completed Nightmare, I just tried trauma and the 2.5% card seems to work on that difficulty as it gives a significant/noticable jump in health (still rather small, but actually noticeable). But... collecting souls doesn't give any health? I noticed this because my health wouldn't go beyond 100, so thought it must be capped at 100 on Trauma, until I noticed I was getting no health from souls.

• 2 months later...
This is a small thing but just wanted to point out that there is no point using Soul Redeemer Silver Card on Trauma as you won't get any health back from green souls on this difficulty.

Awesome guide, great job! :rock

Thanks for the post but I am aware. I have the 1250:gsicon: now, but I haven't gotten around to making all the necessary changes to the guide. Just know the guide as it is now isn't 100% correct and complete. Since this game isn't very popular sadly, the changes can wait.

Really busy with school and Diablo III at the moment, so I will get back to it eventually!

This is a small thing but just wanted to point out that there is no point using Soul Redeemer Silver Card on Trauma as you won't get any health back from green souls on Trauma.

Thanks for confirming that.

Thanks for the post but I am aware. I have the 1250:gsicon: now, but I haven't gotten around to making all the necessary changes to the guide. Just know the guide as it is now isn't 100% correct and complete. Since this game isn't very popular sadly, the changes can wait.

Doesn't help that it's not being released in the States now. Or have there been developments with that more recently?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.