FUBAR Bitching Thread

Watching those two asshats Adams and Lugo stand out in the middle of a fucking firefight healing each other back-n-forth is getting pretty tiresome. If only you could position them how you liked, it would make this game much easier. These two guys are tits on a bull...FUBAR is pretty fucking cheap I must say. The helicopter at the end of Ch. 6 was particularly irksome indeed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

managed to finally get past chapter 6 on the helicopter escape, i don't care what anyone says about how to do it, u need only 1 tip - LUCK pure and simple.

Completely agree. Zig zag? pure lols! I actually ran into some covered and stopped running and the helicopter only managed to hit me once. That was after about 20 attempts. So stupid. Nearly as annoying as the nades in WAW.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Man, this sucks. I'm stuck at the beginning at Chapter 6 where you're stranded alone with a pistol with 5 rounds.

And listen to the trolls saying this isn't hard at all, just trying to stir up already frustrated people. Sad really.

Really winds me up when people say that a game like this is not hard. The achievement guide actually rates it a 5/10. On some levels I had to retry certain sections 10-15 even 20 times. On several occasions I would run out of ammo, other times I would get hit behind cover, blown up by one of the hundreds of grenades flung my way after I cleared a whole section out or most frustratingly killed when I tried to save the AI. In my opinion I didn't really find that Fubar relied too heavily on skill. A lot of the time it was luck or just repeating the Suicide play through but doing it super slow.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently 3 hours in on my Fubar playthrough. I managed to make it to chapter 10-2 (the part when you are on the side of the truck with the grenade launcher). So far Fubar hasn't been to difficult for me, but I'm pretty good at games in general. Some tips that have helped me in bullet point format:

-417 assault rifle: This gun is amazing. 1 shot to head on most enemies with 2-3 shots to the body. It also has a 4x scope, use it.

-Let your teammates do a lot of the killing you can't do. You kill the guys that you can kill, but let your teammates take care of the ones who are in a position to kill you. An example of this would be enemies who are elevated above you. Instead of popping out risking to take him out, utilize your team.

-When stuck in a situation, change up your strategy. I remember early on, I think it was chapter 5. I died like 3 times so I changed up my plan. Instead of guns a blazing, I spammed my grenades to get the AI to dive or get stunned. Then I picked them off.

-Take your time. There is no rush so stay behind cover for 10 minutes if you have to.

-When aiming with LT, clicking in the right joystick changes the angle of which you can hit targets at. Utilize this feature.

-Popping out of cover to shoot someone is not always the best idea. Rather detach yourself from cover and then crouch. Slowly side step out of cover to pick off the enemy and then side step back. Normally when you pop up you can get hit from multiple angles. When you do the strategy I just mentioned, the only person that can hit you is the person you're picking off.

Using these strats I steam rolled through chapters 1-5 in a little over an hour. It's taken me 2 hours to do 6-10. When I wake up I'll finish off the game. I know that chapters 13 and 14 are probably going to be a bit tricky. Keep at it gents, you'll get there.

One last tip. I noticed that when you don't move up, your teammates don't move up. They normally only advance if you tag someone or if you move up. They will sometimes move ahead a little bit, but never to far. Keep this in mind and try to pick out most enemies from as far back as possible so you don't have to deal with your teammates dieing all the damn time. GOOD LUCK!!

Edit: I wanted to add one more tip. I can't stress the importance of vantage points. Always look for the best spot to place yourself for the duration of a fight even if you have to die a few times to find that spot. Once you find a good vantage point then things become a lot easier. Only advance when you're SURE all the enemies are dead or nobody can hit you. We are talking about 2 shot deaths so take your sweet time.

Update: I started playing the game again when I woke up now I'm on chapter 14. Chapter 13 wasn't too bad, but I can see how some people are having trouble on it. Chapter 13 was all about having optimal points for me to have to pick people off. The weapons I had on me during Chapter 13 was a 417 and either an M4a1 or a scar. I definitely died the most on this chapter, but I got through it in under an hour. I wish I had a capture card. I would post walkthroughs on how to make it through. Right now I'm on the middle of chapter 14. I'm at the point where there is a big battle with 2 turrets and a bunch of soldiers. It's the big battle right before the Juggernaut that Walker envisions as Lugo. This part seems to be the toughest part for me because of the damned turrets, so I decided to take a break. I'm currently 4 Hours and 35 minutes exactly in on my Fubar playthrough. I'll update once again when I beat the game.

Final Update: I finished the game and cleaned up the few remaining achievements I had to do. My fubar playthrough clocked in at 4 hours 48 minutes 44 seconds. That's not too long considering my suicide playthrough took me 4 hours and 46 minutes. As for some closing remarks, just keep at it and you'll eventually overcome this game. When you start to get frustrated, take a break and comeback to it. You'll do better the next time you come to it. Also, TURN ON AIM ASSIST. I did both suicide and fubar without aim assist because I didn't know it existed. I probably wouldn't have turned it on anyway due to pride issues, but that's besides the point. I cleaned up my remaining cheevos on easy and aim assist was automatically on. It made the aiming MUCH easier. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to use aim assist. With that said, I'm sending this game back to gamefly. If anyone needs some tips feel free to message me me here or on XBL. My gamertag is lilsting.

Edited by lilsting

• 2 months later...
Watching those two asshats Adams and Lugo stand out in the middle of a fucking firefight healing each other back-n-forth is getting pretty tiresome. If only you could position them how you liked, it would make this game much easier. These two guys are tits on a bull...FUBAR is pretty fucking cheap I must say. The helicopter at the end of Ch. 6 was particularly irksome indeed!

This. So much this. Chapter 5 right after you fall through the roof and I can stay alive no problem, but when those two retards insist on both going down out in the open, what am I supposed to do? Protip for the developers: your companion AI should never be more Rambo than your player is.

Tell me about it,

I can't even past the part on Mission 6 or 7 when you have to outrun the Freebird helicopter bullets while running, it's frustrating as hell!

The game broke for me there, I think I've had it!

I don't know how this is hard for everyone. I replayed this chapter a few time and NEVER got killed by the helo, I hope everyone knows that there is a sprint function.

Anywho, this game is not impossibly hard on FuBAR, but that's not to say I haven't wanted to throw my controller at the TV a few times, namely the beginning of chapter 6.

• 1 month later...

I usually don't post in this kind of threads, but I'll make an exception for this one.

My main grief is the lack of a dodge/roll command - how you can make a 3rd person shooter without it is beyond me.

Made of glass - sometimes I can't even pop up and fire a single shot without the enemy killing me.

Idiot team mates - why does Lugo take point and Adams snipe form the rear? Why are they charging and get cut down when we're in excellent position to wait the enemy out?

Why can't I throw grenades back? And why is the enemy focusing fire on my cover when both my team mates are blasting away?

And why do weapons disappear when you reload a checkpoint?

Sigh. I'm currently on my 20+ retry to survive the beginning of Chapter 6. It's my 'favourite' kind of plot twist - after getting demonstrated how dependent you're on good gear and support fire power, they take both away from you and swarm your ill-defendable position with hordes of enemies! Yay!

EDIT: Well posting here helped. Finally pass that point. :D

Edited by TriRock

My main grief is the lack of a dodge/roll command - how you can make a 3rd person shooter without it is beyond me.

Made of glass - sometimes I can't even pop up and fire a single shot without the enemy killing me.

Idiot team mates - why does Lugo take point and Adams snipe form the rear? Why are they charging and get cut down when we're in excellent position to wait the enemy out?

Why can't I throw grenades back? And why is the enemy focusing fire on my cover when both my team mates are blasting away?

I once felt your pain. The only other game that pissed me off more was CoD4...Mile High Club. Just wait until you get to Chapter 13. Once you experience that on FUBAR it'll make Chapter 6 look like a piece of cake.

I just returned my copy of the game the other day and decided to pop in here to laugh at the people saying this is too hard. I'm no pro gamer or anything, but FUBAR really isn't as bad as you guys make it out to be.

The only part that gave me any real problem was toward the end when there's like 3 turrets shooting at you at one time. But even then it probably took only 10-15 tries before I finally figured out the correct path.

Checkpoints are pretty frequent and there's no having to slog through big portions of the game if you die. As long as you aren't running around like an idiot and actually use the cover they give you you should be golden. Heck, half the time I just stayed in cover and let my teammates take everyone out. Sounds to me like you guys just don't have a whole lot of patience.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just wrapped this bitch up and I'm pretty stoked about it, it's definitely a challenge at times but if you use some common sense and hang way back it's not bad. like the tips pointed out say, there are no infinite enemy re-spawns so if you can hug a good corner and corridor the enemies to you, your good to go. I hung way back alot of time and just slowly picked guys off with the semi auto rifle with scope. Always search for grenades and honestly use the shit out of your squad. I noticed they work better when always selecting the nearest target, so just designate and let them use their ammo up. I'd give the game an 7 or 8 total on difficulty only because the a.i. can spam grenades for sure, and enemies take way too many rounds. Stick it out guys it's a good accomplishment, just hang back and don't be a hero ;):woop:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That it keeps asking me if I want to change my difficulty, afraid that one of these controller throwing moments I have will cause me to one time hit it by mistake.

Just my 2 cents on the helicopter on mission 6: I found that once you get control of your character and start your run, that he starts jogging than goes into a full run and would get killed every time - did this at least 10x.

What I found worked for me - I started mashing on the A button repeatedly before I even got control of my guy. Soon as I had control he started off in a full run, than I just held the A button down and I made it threw.

Don't know if I just got lucky on that attempt or not but it worked for me.

• 1 month later...

Called it a day with the game at the start of chapter 6.

Amazing game, but even on the second highest difficulty that room was a problem. On FUBAR its just too above my skill level on shooters to want to persevere and want to eventually get past it.

Still 100% recommend this game to anyone though.

• 8 months later...

Personally im doing the game on normal difficulty setting (second one) and i have to reload some checkpoints 3-4 times, a couple times up to 6 or something like that)

I am currently on Mission 12, and it started around mission 8 maybe to be harder...

In any case i am enjoying this game in term of story and general feel, it is a very good purchase for a game i bough 5$ in a sale, but i would NEVER attempt it on the hardest difficulty, not even the one before.

But i must admit i am not one for extremely difficult game, i rage too fast, but i did managed to do COD4 at 1000 for exemple, took lot of time tough... like a year and a half (for 6 months i didn't touched it, i was stuck in that corn frield where its timed)

But in the case of this game, it has the "not gears of war syndrome" if i can say. What i mean is games like that and tomb raider for exemple where extremely fun campaign wise on normal difficulty, the gameplay feel "smooth enough" to not bother you too much but just like tons of Third Person Shooter, if you take it to multiplayer or harder difficulty you realize how clunky it is compared to GOW.

Since i play on Xbox 360, i never ran into a game as smooth as GOW in term of TPS. Everything in this game feel natural and you never have problem aiming or shooting.

Like i said does not mean Spec Ops or other TPS are bad games, there really enjoyable in normal difficulty/campaign, and the story is pretty engaging, but when you have to use affuted reflexes and do everything quicker, you realize the clunkyness.