GUN Code

codedigital

Apparently you DON'T have to beat the game to start the glitch you can use it when you first play the game!

In this game you can get 900G in 5 hours or less this is all you have to do.Perform the Gun Glitch on the Hunting Tutorial Level between the 2 rocks in the water at the very beginning.(Hold LB+RB+LT+RT+A)

Then go on to GUN in options and play the Side missions.Then complete all Horse Missions go to the very bottom one, beat it and get he achievement. For all Hunt missions scroll to the bottom mission, beat it and get the achievement, repeat this for all Side mission affiliated achievements and you will have all the side mission achievements.

You DON'T have to play all side missions just the last one.

As for the Story Mission related achievements just check the achievements in your dashboard for which Missions you will get achievements for like "Steamboat Massacre"

Pull up your Gun menu go to Story Missions and look for these missions.When they start go to checkpoint and go to the last part of the stage. Finish the mission from there and you will have all Story mission achievements once continued.

For Game complete achievements like HARD, INSANE,EASY,NORMAL just start a new game on each difficulty setting, perform the glitch, go to the last Stroy mission and then use check point to part 2. When you face the final boss just use quickdraw and shoot the dynamited when he throws them.

For Upgrades just toggle help and it should unlock after beating the game.

Be sure to go to checkpoint first and it will say congratulations, go to toggle help for the upgrades.

For all weapons simple 100% everything. Make sure you do the hunting missions legit, as they can't be accessed throught the cheat, only the grizzly mission.All other missions can be accessed through the cheat, check stats for your progress.

Now all you have to worry about is the 44 Gold Locations which can be found here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/929179/40637

What do you mean by "toggle help"?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can confirm the cheat still works as of today, however I have a strange and unique problem... After using the cheat and selecting a few side missions from the GUN menu (within the original save with the game completed), suddenly all my weapons have disappeared except for the ones I had equipped; in other words, the only handgun I have is the dual revolvers, the only shotgun I have is Magruders, the only bow I have is the one with the TNT attached... Anyone else have this issue? And if so, how do you fix it?

• 1 month later...

plzzz sum1 help

where exactly r these boulders...is it when ur hungting with dad....

or after u kill honest tom..or after u cross the ferry

i checked all 3 areas..couldnt seem to find it

the dude who posted a diagram of mcgruders fight

i wish some1 would post diagram or detailed description

of where these damn boulders are..i just started and im lookn for em ..plzz help

• 2 months later...

Just got it on insane. Bit of a pain in the but since he kills in one shot but just find that sweet spot behind the boulder to your right when you load the checkpoint, shoot the dynamite he throws at you and you'll be fine.

Now to do hard and normal. Thanks for the help guys. It's a great game but not one I want to play 4 times in a row.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks all. Worked for me. Finished the game on normal quite a while back and didn't bother keeping a save. Was able to use the code on a fresh game at the very beginning. Not sure if the combination of buttons and triggers made a difference, or if it was the length of time I held them but it took a few tries before I got the noise and a couple tries even with the noise before Gun appeared under Options. Definitely makes more sense to walk over to the rocks in the water than mess around with a horse.

Might save some confusion. You have to go into the Options twice to get to the end of the game. First time choose Gun then Missions then Macgruders Mine. When that screen loads go back into Options and choose Gun then Checkpoints then Kill Macgruder 2. Also noticed that you have to shoot the dynamite as fast as you can when he throws it. If you take your time it won't have any effect and you'll run out of ammo before collapsing the mine. It should only take 4 good shots on the dynamite to collapse the mine.

• 4 months later...

wow it works i was nervous i kept thinking that it would not work anymore but it does so here is how i did it

1.once you finish the game any difficulty save your progress

2.go to main menu choose new game choose the difficulty you want the achievement

3.as soon as you can move the character go to the right into the water and look for two small rocks in the water they should be a bit spread from each other

4.stand in the middle of the two rocks and press and hold LT,LB,RT,RB,A until you hear a unusual sound during this sound press start go to options you should have the option gun at the bottom

5.select and press it then you can select any mission when u select it it will take you automatically then when u are at the mission again press start go to the gun selection and this time go to checkpoints select the last one(magruder 2) it will take you again automatically then finish off magruder

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm as of today that this cheat still works. As discussed:

1. Complete game on say, easy. (Use your Dynamite Arrows on the volcanic geysers just as Mcgruder is walking/running round to injure him most. Make sure you use the inner circle track jumping over the bits of rock when he's running too as using the outside track gets you shot. I would only venture out to get health/ammo when its safe to)

2. Head back to your original Blackfoot Territory indian camp start point across the ferryman river from Dodge.

3. Follow the video using your horse to jump up the boulders and over (just in case the video is gone, it's the boulders between the 2 white fallen trees you have to normally leap over on the outskirts of the camp) to access the above hidden area. Follow the path round and if you have trouble leaping any step just keep trying, your horse WILL eventually get over it.

4. Stand between the 2 small rocks in the water and face the trees/rock HOLDING the LB, LT, RB, RT & A button down until you hear that knocking sound.

5. You'll know it's worked because in the Options tab you now have the GUN option.

6. Quit the game.

7. Start a New Game on the next difficulty you need for the achievement

8. Skip through all the cutscenes until you're standing with Ned about to go hunting and press Start

9. Go into Options and you should see the GUN option-click into it

10. Press Toggle Help (I did this just in case I needed the extra stuff for Insane Difficulty)

11. Select Missions - Main - Press up - Select Mcgruder's Mine

12. Start - Options - Gun - Toggle Help (just to be sure) - Checkpoints - up - Kill Magruder Part 2

13. On Insane DEFINITELY use the trick of hiding at the side of the long right hand side outcrop of gold rock and take your time! The easy part is shooting the dynamite-the tricky part is being in the right spot to carry out the head shot to anger him. I waited till he was all the way over to the right and couldn't go any further and then slowly edged out bit by bit until my headshot got him and then got ready to Quickdraw the dynamite. To be fair once I got the first head shot/Quickdraw dynamite done I waited and he kept popping back and throwing more dynamite so didn't have to go for all 4 head shots in the end.

I have only re-wrote all this out so it's a set of current tactics in one go-I take no credit for the code or tactics (except my own bits of advice) and would like to thank all the original posters who made these achievements possible-ESPECIALLY the code! How DID you know it?! Nice one ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow I guess I should try this. Ive been stuck on the stupid final level on insane for MONTHS playing off and off, and it's impossible. Its the part where youre on the cannon and there's two caves of infinite enemies and you need to blow up the caves to stop them from spawning. As soon as I turn the corner on the cannon, dead in a split second. Ill try this and laugh at all this time wasted trying to beat this game on insane.

• 3 months later...

1. Beat game on easy, save game and quit.

2. Start new game, pick your dificulty and skip cutscenes.

3. Run straight to the water where there is a fallen tree and 2 boulders, and stand between the two boulders.

4. Hold LT+LB+RT+RB+A for a couple seconds and you should hear what sounds like rattling skulls.

5. Press START, select options, GUN, MISSIONS, MAIN, MGRUDER'S MINE.

6. When it loads press START, select OPTIONS, GUN, CHECKPOINTS, KILL MAGRUDER 2.

7. Run back and to the right behind the furthest rocks you can be from MAGRUDER and he shouldn't be able to hit you while you shoot him.

If you want your more powerful guns, although unnecessary, just equip them in the saddlebag menu.

"Cheat" still working 2015