Achievement Discussion

Barad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Replay to get better rankings? So pretty much what happened with The Ballad of Gay Tony on GTA IV. That feature was epic if I say so myself. What I love about Rockstar games is the fact you can gain so much gamerscore while having so much fun! Weeks if not days after completing GTA IV I had like 750 GS. But as with most Rockstar games alot of the achievements are easy then you have some massive grinds :(. I guess it balances the game out but I am so stoked for this! :woop:

awesome that there is probably the ability to redo chapters

so how did you earn stars in The Ballad of Gay Tony?

is it like the 'S' rank in RE5 for example (including similar success parameters)?

I guess 5 stars is getting ever clues and questions correct, judging from the video, but maybe the $$ will have effect also?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2daj2mb.jpg

Edited by hawk199

• 2 weeks later...
This question has probably been answered numerous times, but I want to know what the hell disc #2 and #3 are for? I put them both in and they start up exactly like disc #1, so I was like fuck it and just popped #1 back in. :eek:

You have to use Disc 2 to access most of the cases in Homicide, as well as the first case in Vice. Disc 3 uses most cases in Vice, and all of Arson.

Also, the free-roams are similar. Traffic free-roam can only be accessed on disc 1. Homicide is on disc 2, and Vice/Arson is on disc 3.

You have to use Disc 2 to access most of the cases in Homicide, as well as the first case in Vice. Disc 3 uses most cases in Vice, and all of Arson.

Also, the free-roams are similar. Traffic free-roam can only be accessed on disc 1. Homicide is on disc 2, and Vice/Arson is on disc 3.

Does that mean we have to keep switching discs to get certain achievements?

Haha funny question. ;) Well I'd say mostly to get the "unmissable cheevos" like story-progress etc. You can still earn the miscellaneous ones (Film Reels, Landmarks etc.) via Free-Roam mode on EVERY disc.

That's good to hear but wait..if I drive say 50 cars on the first disc..then put in the third..my save is still there right? don't have to start over or anything?

That's good to hear but wait..if I drive say 50 cars on the first disc..then put in the third..my save is still there right? don't have to start over or anything?

YES, don't worry about that. It's a extra game-save, no matter how many times you'll switch discs, you keep your COLLECTIBLES as long as you get to the next save-checkpoint.

Another question. I haven't been getting any street crime calls in on the radio since I've been promoted to homicide. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? (and yes I'm in a police car.)

Street Crimes are not always available. Depends on the day-time. Just drive around and sooner or later you'll get the call. I'd first complete ALL CASES cause only then ALL STREET CRIMES will be available and then simply FREE ROAM to get one after another.