Is this game worth 1200 Ms Points?

Rose Knight789

I think it's a great deal. Even if you're just buying it for the new songs, you save around $35. (25 songs at $2 a piece). I'm surprised at how fun this is and I'm finding myself VERY addicted to it. I'd say get it.

+1 on this. Even just for dlc for rock band 3, you won't get 25 songs cheaper than 1200msp.

Blitz is basically just a bonus. Fantastic game as well.

If your a fan, you'd be an idiot to pass it up.

Only if you already own every version of Rock Band and dozens of DLC songs for them, or if you don't care that you can never complete this game.

It's a decent game but the shameless ripoff going on in it is pretty bullshit.

Shameless ripoff? Couldn't be a more ignorant commet. Just like RB3, they included DLC achievements, no real difference from any other game that has DLC, except that it lets you use any song dlc you have. Its actually a pretty good way to add in dlc achievements.

And if you look at it as a dlc pack that also happens to include a side game that fully utilizes your existing dlc library, its a pretty cool deal, and a nice way to get more out of all the money you've spent in the last 5 years.

Edited by smacd

no real different from any other game that has DLC
Name one other game that has $300 worth of DLC. I'll wait.

The fact that you have several previous versions of Rock Band does not make it okay that this game has an achievement for buying stuff for them. Every game should be completeable on it's own, without the player needing to buy more shit. That's just common sense.

Name one other game that has $300 worth of DLC. I'll wait.

The fact that you have several previous versions of Rock Band does not make it okay that this game has an achievement for buying stuff for them. Every game should be completeable on it's own, without the player needing to buy more shit. That's just common sense.

Actually, Rock Band has somewhere in the vicinity of $5000-6000 in dlc. Rock Band is an expensive hobby, how many other games require expensive periphrials too? If you want all the achievements cheap, the Rock Band series is one to avoid.

That said, there is 400 gamerscore, the normal amount for arcade games, available without any additional purchases. There is an additional 100 for playing dlc. Im not sure you understood that, so I am clarifying it for you. This is just like RB3 having 1250, 1000 regular and 250 for dlc.

Sure, 300 songs is a lot. But honestly you could probably obtain 300 for less than the cost of say an RB3 drumset or mustang, if you buy all the previous games and export them, and a handful of dlc to get the difference. And a lot of us who have been playing the series awhile likely have far more already.

No one is stopping you from getting the normal 400 gamerscore without buying anything else though, if thats such a big deal. I have to wonder if you complain when any game has paid dlc with achievements that you dont want to pay for.

Edited by smacd

I would recommend against this. If you are just going for achievements, yes, you do need 300 songs total. RB 2 gives you 79, RB 1 gives you 54, Green Day Rock Band gives you 44 and LEGO Rock Band gives you 45. So you'd still need at least 3 of the track pack discs, or 53 DLC songs.

If you are just getting it for a game, be aware that score attacking in this game is made difficult by the horrible coin system. In order to use power-ups (including "overdrive" if you are familiar with Rock Band), you need to spend an in game currency. If you use the maximum of 3 power-ups, which you pretty much need for gold stars, you will not earn as many coins as you spent, so you will eventually run out of coins and have to play songs with no chance at a high score to rack up more coins.

Of course, they "remedy" this by using a Facebook app, which puts aspects of the game which SHOULD be on the console on Facebook instead. This includes goals or a way to keep track of the in-game score duels initiated.

If you don't care about high scores or achievements, this game has a few other issues but is an okay buy.

I got it just because I liked quite a few songs on the set list and knew my wife would like a bunch of the others...we play RB3 3-4 times a week, so I saw it as a bargain for 25 songs. Turns out the game itself is quite fun, and we surely don't need to worry about the 300 song thing as our RB3 library is over 1000. I think it was money well spent.

Its def. worth it if you're a Rock Band fan. Seeing all these posts about paying for the DLC achievements is ridiculous. They are DLC achievements!!!!, and this is a game tailored to people who have been playing Rock Band for years. If you have been buying DLC songs for the last several years its a nice way for Harmonix to thank it's fans for buying the songs, because you get to play all those songs all over again. I will continue to buy DLC songs because i know i will now be able to use them on 2 totally different games :)

My Rock Band library is at 850ish songs and if I see tracks I like then I'll buy them because I enjoy this game and there is plenty of good DLC on it.

It's one of the few games I still play eventhough I can't get anymore achievements and I for one am pleased that I am getting an achievement for my loyalty.

In my experience of buying DLC, whenever I see a 1200 pts price tag, it usually buys me about 12-13 songs and it's usually an entire album so there is not much variety.

Whereas this is 1200 pts for 25 songs and they are all by different artists, so yes this is very worthwhile, even if some of the songs are not to your taste!

I'd personally recommend this to the OP myself, but I've been a fan of Harmonix ever since I first played Frequency and Amplitude. This game is an update of those two games if you've ever played them, and if not, I highly recommend finding them (PS2 games, so you can probably get them for a buck or two nowadays). It is kind of hard to get used to not hitting every note, though.