Xbox Live/Xbox.com down on Oct 17th

Crash

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard, its an update to lock achievements to a profile. The achievements were suppose to already be lock to your profile, but like almost ever thing else from MS it needs a patch. Iam sitting here with my fingers crossed for this to be true.

You know what, I think you may be right!! About 2 weeks ago is when BK THE K1NG received word from someone from Microsoft that they will be releasing a patch that will end game saves.

Holy shit, I dont know why that didn't cross my mind! :eek:

That'll be awesome if they do it!!

Good news, I decided to read the 360voice dev blog and found this:

Xbox Live downtime and 360voice.com

Xbox Live and Xbox.com will be down on October 17th and a lot of folks are already asking how it will effect 360voice.com. It will mainly effect people that are worried about their streak... if that is you, please keep reading.

First, on Monday October 16th, because Live is going down at Midnight, your play day is shortened to 10:00PST on the 16th so we have time to grab your data. That means anything you play after this time won't be recorded. So if you want it to appear on your blog or want to keep a streak alive play before 10:00PST.

Second, on Tuesday October 17th, you won't get an entry for this day and it won't count against you for a streak. Also, your Xbox knows Live is down so it won't be sad if you decide not to play that day. Isn't that understanding? It will be like the day never happened.

Any questions post it on our forums and we will do our best to answer them.

whew, thank you.

well its not like i would be playing a live game anyway:p. im almost done with those damn time trials in tomb raider:)

You know what, I think you may be right!! About 2 weeks ago is when BK THE K1NG received word from someone from Microsoft that they will be releasing a patch that will end game saves.

Holy shit, I dont know why that didn't cross my mind! :eek:

That'll be awesome if they do it!!

Yeah, you and i found this out at the same time and were stoked about it.. I HOPE GAVESAVERS GOTO HELL IN HANDBASKET! :AR15

From what I heard, its an update to lock achievements to a profile. The achievements were suppose to already be lock to your profile, but like almost ever thing else from MS it needs a patch. Iam sitting here with my fingers crossed for this to be true.

I had heard this too. I am hoping that this is what the update is for, but I am not getting my hopes up too much in case it isn't.

I HOPE GAVESAVERS GOTO HELL IN HANDBASKET! :AR15

I second that. I noticed to after the word got out that some gamesavers scored sky rocketed. I guess they wanted to grab what the could before the party ended for them. I dont know if this is related but one of them who raised about 11 000 in 4 days has been banned from xbox live. His also a bridger so that could be the reason to.

What is a bridger and gamesaver? I'm assuming a gamesaver is someone who downloads a game save just to get the points, right?

This update might be adding the 1080p functionality as well.

Iam far from a computer wiz, but basicly a bridger use his computer to lag people out of games. Easy wins. This guy scares me to cause I was in chat with him once and he was able to tell me my IP address, IP Provider and my location. Needless to say I try not to piss him off.

Iam far from a computer wiz, but basicly a bridger use his computer to lag people out of games. Easy wins. This guy scares me to cause I was in chat with him once and he was able to tell me my IP address, IP Provider and my location. Needless to say I try not to piss him off.

The mods of this site can easily do that but it's scary to have someone on live do that to you.