Blur beta disconnecting from xbox live.

red mist 85

I've been playing the beta for about 2 weeks solid now, but this morning, everytime I load it up, I get a message at the bottom telling me it's disconnected from xbox live. As soon as I exit back to the dashboard, I connect again. Everything else works fine, I just disconnect everytime I try and play blur.

I'm assuming it's nothing to do with me (or at least I hope it's not.) Just wanted to check whether it's just me or if anyone else is having this problem at the moment.

Yeah, I am getting the same thing. I searched all over the internet for hours until I found this post, which I am guessing is pretty recent. Glad to see it's not just me having the problem. Hopefully they fix the problem soon, I love this game!

Sorry to keep posting, but just thought I'd mention I found out the reason why it was offline this morning (UK time.) They've updated it slightly. Here's a list of features they've altered:

The ability to play A-Class cars in standard playlists.

An expanded Supercar Racing Playlist that include races in Tokyo and Amboy.

Power-Ups now shuffle so each race has different Power-Up placement.

Players can earn double the amount of fans for each race, allowing players to quickly reach Rank-15 and experience the full Beta demo experience.

Nothing special really. The only one worthy of mention is the random power-up placement. Depending on how you look at it, this either a good thing or a bad thing. I suppose it helps make it fairer, but if ,like me you base the route you take on what power-ups are where, then its a bit annoying. It keeps you on your toes I suppose.

I don't know how it'll be in the final game, random or fixed. I'd better get used to the random version just in case.

Edited by red mist 85

Full game will have a shuffle instead of random. Basically its like static power-ups but they get moved around within their row e.g. nitro-shield-bolt, bolt-nitro-shield, etc. Shuffle is standard MP default, however they are adding a separate playlist for those who liked random, and from what i understand random is the default for custom games.

Also the beta closed today so now we have to wait for the full game.