Easy/Hard 1000?

CLET8

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped playing a few months ago because after getting the Veteran of Rommel's Last Stand achievement the game became much harder for me and I couldn't get past one part. I'm sure it only gets harder after that but with a little determination I think you'll be able to handle it. It is definitely harder than CoD 3 and CoD 4. The first achievement requires you to complete basic training on any difficulty so thats an easy 50 points, then if you play the game through on Veteran then you'll get 600 points, 150 for completing the game on any difficulty, and 200 for completing the game on Hardened or Veteran.

So to save time I would suggest playing the game on Veteran. It may be difficult and your skills may not be up to par but you'll improve and after a couple of days you should get the 1000 points. Good luck!

For me - this was a easy 1000.

No stupid achievements like shoot 45 planes down or clear a plane of Tangos in 1 minute.

Just to give you a time frame on this,it took me just 6 evenings of 2 - 4 hours a piece to complete.

Do not let people scare you into saying this game pwns you - it is puncuated with excellent checkpoints,coupled with superb level design - all of this helps you through the game.

Honest opinion.......a easy 1000.

Enjoy.

For me - this was a easy 1000.

No stupid achievements like shoot 45 planes down or clear a plane of Tangos in 1 minute.

Just to give you a time frame on this,it took me just 6 evenings of 2 - 4 hours a piece to complete.

Do not let people scare you into saying this game pwns you - it is puncuated with excellent checkpoints,coupled with superb level design - all of this helps you through the game.

Honest opinion.......a easy 1000.

Enjoy.

yeah fairley easy 1000 but compared to the others cods this was the hardest enjoy :p...

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished this last night for the 1000/1000. It was a tough 1000 points in the sense that you have to be dedicated and persistent when you fail. The essence of Veteran is mode is the keep pushing on when you hit a stumbling block, to try again and again to find the way past it. Aside from one or two irritating moments (the Soviet Tank in the square, taking building F from building A on The Silo), it was all good fun! So a very enjoyable 1000 points to get. Even the much vaunted "nightmare" parts like D-Day and defending Hill 400 wern't too bad.

I found it easier and a lot more enjoyable than WaW. The campaign is 100x better, the level design is much more fun and interesting and it has a lot more character and charm. Not only that, but you never get the ridiculous grenade spam like you do in WaW. The only time in COD2 when I got grenade spammed was when I was defending Hill 400 and I decided to try and hit in the bunker doorway!

I bought the game yesterday! Just awsome!! Im playing already on veteran for the achievments. I've played this game when it came out but for PC. One of the best games ever made for sure so i decided to buy it for just 20euros. Good times i spent playing this a few years ago. Now lets kill some nazis again :uzi:

Do what I did:

Just play through the game on Normal for first time to observe how the enemies behave and their spawning patterns. I've played the PC version a couple times so I was already familar with many areas of COD2.

So on Veteran, I play through the game and then if I get stuck with somewhere, I just move on to the next chapter (as long as I play it through and then come back and restart the "troubling" chapters).. D-Day is my last achievement successfully unlocked. Unlocked after trouble with the sniping on the silo.