Upcoming Patch Information

A few days ago, Atari staffer 'Incendious' posted this on the Atari-Daggerdale forums, regarding the patch -- primarily for PC version, but he does briefly address the console patch, as well:

http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=12354

(the thread is titled "PC Patch," but he mentions "console" in his very first line, as well as in his next post, in response to the first user-reply)

I've not played the game yet, myself (I'm in the camp of, "not buying without some serious fixes, first," given all I've read about varying degrees of disastrous bugs in this game), so I have no way of knowing which issues are being ignored, which may apply to the console version vs. the PC version, and whether this upcoming patch will be enough to make one feel confident in purchasing the game.

Edited by RougeRogue

Although I am expecting the cliche "DIS GAME WAS SO BROKEN DLC SHOULD BE FREE BRO." argument. I'm begging for the patch to at least clean up a lot of the gameplay before I get into it again.

As long as the DLC isn't 400MSP, I'm fine with that. I KNOW all they might do is add a quest that'll last a day to complete and some "new monsters and loot".

Pretty sure they're going up the Level Cap sooner or later though. Haven't got one level 10 yet but I'm sure there's people who can't stand being maxed out so fast.

• 1 month later...
this:http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/22/dandd-daggerdale-studio-bedlam-games-effectively-shuttered/does not look good as far as the game getting properly fixed, and it probably never becoming the trilogy it was planned for, unless another dev takes it on i guess.

Oh great, well if that is true it is a shame for the game, and all us poor fools waiting for a now mythical patch....refund time!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh great, well if that is true it is a shame for the game, and all us poor fools waiting for a now mythical patch....refund time!

Good luck with the refund... My brother and I tried contacting Atari and they told us to get the refund with Microsoft. We contacted Microsoft and they told us to take it up with Atari.

Gotta love it when a company is so quick to take your money, but then essentially tells you to fuck off when you demand a little service for purchasing the product.

Good luck with the refund... My brother and I tried contacting Atari and they told us to get the refund with Microsoft. We contacted Microsoft and they told us to take it up with Atari.

Gotta love it when a company is so quick to take your money, but then essentially tells you to fuck off when you demand a little service for purchasing the product.

pretty much everything you download on the marketplace comes with a "no refunds" disclaimer.

apparently there is still a patch:http://forums.atari.com/showpost.php?p=201849&postcount=34 updated as of like 2 hours ago

Edited by gears of crabs
adding patch update so i dont doublepost

• 3 months later...