Halo 4 LE/ War Games Confusions

xXmyxxmastaXx

What we thought- LE gets you Recruit armor/skin

Fact- Recruit armor will be available to everyone.

from bsangel community manager @343 " Recruit armor is not an LE exclusive. LE gets the Recruit Prime skin. You get the base Recruit armor the first time you enter Infinity and your Spartan is created.

Many apologies for the confusion."

What we thought- the LE would give us the same War Games pass as those who bought it from XBL marketplace

Fact- exept that if you get the LE you wont receive the Falcon emblem, Scanner, and falcon helmets.

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/19/The-Halo-Bulletin-91912-.aspx

this is a huge cluster of bs as completionists as my self who want the helmets would have to buy the Pass seperately, seems like money whoring to me. And the value of the LE is diminished, and who cares about Avatar stuff? am i angry, dissapointed? yes but that wont stop H4 from being awesome. And please dont leave comments like "who cares its just skins" as since i am spending more i would like to get something special and get the same as others, with the physical goodies just there to collect dust.

If we are paying MORE than why are we getting LESS

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wgfxoi.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wnu0d2.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/64e2xz.jpg

Edited by xXmyxxmastaXx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from bsangel community manager @343 " Recruit armor is not an LE exclusive. LE gets the Recruit Prime skin. You get the base Recruit armor the first time you enter Infinity and your Spartan is created.

What we thought- the LE would give us the same War Games pass as those who bought it from XBL marketplace

Fact- exept that if you get the LE you wont receive the Falcon emblem, Scanner, and falcon helmets.

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/19/The-Halo-Bulletin-91912-.aspx

this is a huge cluster of bs as completionists as my self who want the helmets would have to buy the Pass seperately, seems like money whoring to me. And the value of the LE is diminished, and who cares about Avatar stuff? am i angry, dissapointed? yes but that wont stop H4 from being awesome. And please dont leave comments like "who cares its just skins" as since i am spending more i would like to get something special and get the same as others, with the physical goodies just there to collect dust.

This is seriously bullshit as hell and I pre-ordered the Limited Edition.

Fact- You're still getting more. You get a skin that regular users won't have.

What? Why do you even think this? The blog link you posted shows this:

http://i.imgur.com/8nzvY.png

Chances are when it says "War Games Map Pass," it means it comes with the War Games Map Pass, which would include everything listed under War Games Map Pass:

http://i.imgur.com/UUSRg.png

If you honestly think it's not coming with the armor pieces because it doesn't explicitly state that it comes with them under the LE section, then you may as well panic because it doesn't explicitly state that it comes with the maps either!

This is seriously bullshit as hell and I pre-ordered the Limited Edition.

Hey buddy next time you feel compelled to add a single line to a topic can you at least not quote a long ass post, large ass pictures included? There's no reason we should have to scroll through all of that twice. Thanks.

Edited by Veedrock

I STILL cant tell what content comes from where. So far I think they've done a shitty job making that all clear. Or they purposely kept on the confusion to fuck with us

I'm still not even sure at this point if Halo 4 comes with the Limited Edition.

Edit: From Amazon:

Product Features

Edition: Limited Edition

• War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
  • Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set (requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership that is sold separately).
  • Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
  • The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, and an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity.

At no point does it mention it actually comes with the game.

CONS? PIRACY?

Edited by Ty-Rex

lol the second helmet looks like a DVD player lol

ya.. not gonna lie, those helmets look damn hideous. maybe im just a simple type, but i loved the original helmets and designs (or lack there of). all these tacky helmets look goofy to me, i have a feeling all those fuglies from halo reach will be back:(

or maybe i can wear H3 recon, or my hayabusa again? :eek::eek:

hehe

I like it, but then again I always like the really strange helmets. Security in Halo 3 and GUNGNIR in Reach.

OT: You guys really need to stop overthinking this.

When you buy the LE, you get a code (war games pass) that acts like a season pass. You're entering in the 25-digit number, and the marketplace will "recognize" that you can download the maps (whenever they're available) and everything.

We've already assesed that the helmets will come bundled with AT LEAST the marketplace pass, and since I REALLY doubt that microsoft is going to create two seperate entities for the season pass/war games pass, one for the LE buyers and one for everyone else. That's extra work for 343/microsoft, and would mean they're actively TRYING to piss off all the people who bought the LE edition.

So calm down. You'll have your emblem and helmets.

Edited by Vectorman953

OT: You guys really need to stop overthinking this.

No, man, you're just a part of the system. You're like some government pig, man. 343 is trying to take our hard-earned money and we don't even get that sweet eagle emblem. I paid $99 for and eagle emblem, this is bullshit.

343?

morelike

$4$

doubt that microsoft is going to create two seperate entities for the season pass/war games pass, one for the LE buyers and one for everyone else. That's extra work for 343/microsoft, and would mean they're actively TRYING to piss off all the people who bought the LE edition.

So calm down. You'll have your emblem and helmets.

Jessica Shea ‏@bsangel

@Revontuletx Correct. The Scanner and Strider helmets come with the standalone Halo 4 War Games Map Pass (not the LE).

go on her twitter and see

Edited by xXmyxxmastaXx

Just great,

everything is retarded.

I think we can all agree that 2 helmets > a single skin and avatar items

No, man, you're just a part of the system. You're like some government pig, man. 343 is trying to take our hard-earned money and we don't even get that sweet eagle emblem. I paid $99 for and eagle emblem, this is bullshit.

343?

morelike

$4$

Well maybe $4$ felt bad because the eagle is the symbol of freedom and America, while they're apparently gouging people who want to have all the helmets... Like Osama!

I swear to god, if in the armory it shows a black silhouette with the two war games pass helmets, there will be no end to the tables I will rage-flip

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Vectorman953

Those helmets look extremely ugly anyways.

But in fact, we are paying less than the ones who buy the Season Pass from the Marketplace. The have to pay $30 or something extra for it (+ the game for like $60). We get the game and the season pass for $70 in total (sorry if the prices are wrong, but those are the € prices and i just only changed them up to $$, might be differences here guys).

I still think it is nice to include the season pass into the LE, i mean wtf, how many other developers do that? None. 343 is almost giving us those maps as a present if as we have a lot of other different content in the LE as well. Really happy with that.

Theres also additional content for buyers of the LE XBL edition because they don't get all the fancy packaging of the hard copy version.

I'd guess 343i will do what most other companys do and release dlc packs at a later date containing pre-order skins & emblems, just to please those who couldn't order from a certain retailers ie those living in different countries.

To get the lot you'd need to order a copy from 5 seperate retailers and get the console bundle.

Personally I'm more than happy with the LE contents I love the fact the future map packs are included as I'm often broke when dlc comes out, so end up skipping them entirely due to low numbers of players at a later period. A touch pissed off I only get an exclusive emblem from my retailer for pre-ordering but at the end of the day its the game that counts.

Well, I never expected a full set of armor that no one else could get, I always knew it was just a skin. I'm a little upset about the 2 helmets, but as long as they're unlockable some other way down the line I'm fine. What really bugs me about the LE is the fact that the extended version of FOD isn't gonna be on a disc. As far as I can tell it's streaming on Waypoint, which is absurd IMO.

This whole "pre-order here to get this" and "buy this version to get this" thing is just one big clusterfuck. Even the developers and publishers seem to be unable to keep it straight. I sure as hell have no idea what I've got on the way. All I know is I have the regular edition pre-ordered at Best-Buy, the LE version pre-ordered at Gamestop, the Special Edition 360 pre-ordered at Gamestop, the UNSC controller and the $60 Triton headset pre-ordered at Gamestop (do those even come with codes? Wouldn't be surprised if they did.)

Anybody able to tell me for certain what all codes I'll be receiving? I want to make sure I don't miss any of them so I can get the most out of them when they go up on Ebay.

http://i.imgur.com/8nzvY.png

Chances are when it says "War Games Map Pass," it means it comes with the War Games Map Pass, which would include everything listed under War Games Map Pass:

http://i.imgur.com/UUSRg.png

If you honestly think it's not coming with the armor pieces because it doesn't explicitly state that it comes with them under the LE section, then you may as well panic because it doesn't explicitly state that it comes with the maps either!

You people are still panicking even after THIS was posted, are you not even bothering to read what is said in these images? It's a season pass for war games, why would it be any different from a season pass we purchase on the xbl marketplace for the same price, you all are panicking and overreacting to this situation for no reason, so yank that wedgie out of your butt. Edited by a7x4lyf3

Well, that's a bunch of crap. She says they did it this way so each version of the game has their own unique DLC, but why should the standard edition get unique DLC that the LE doesn't get? If you buy the standard, you're just getting the game, you shouldn't be getting unique things that those of us who pay more don't get. If you got the standard because you're getting it with the Halo 4 console, then you already have your unique items with the console. :mad: Oh well, at least I don't care for the looks of either helmet, so I'm not missing out on something I would otherwise use.

This whole "pre-order here to get this" and "buy this version to get this" thing is just one big clusterfuck. Even the developers and publishers seem to be unable to keep it straight. I sure as hell have no idea what I've got on the way. All I know is I have the regular edition pre-ordered at Best-Buy, the LE version pre-ordered at Gamestop, the Special Edition 360 pre-ordered at Gamestop, the UNSC controller and the $60 Triton headset pre-ordered at Gamestop (do those even come with codes? Wouldn't be surprised if they did.)

Anybody able to tell me for certain what all codes I'll be receiving? I want to make sure I don't miss any of them so I can get the most out of them when they go up on Ebay.

I'm not sure about the UNSC controller, but the $60 Tritton headset comes with a code for an Avatar Tshirt.

You people are still panicking even after THIS was posted, are you not even bothering to read what is said in these images? It's a season pass for war games, why would it be any different from a season pass we purchase on the xbl marketplace for the same price, you all are panicking and overreacting to this situation for no reason, so yank that wedgie out of your butt.

The pictures you quoted DO make it look like they should be exactly the same. However, Bsangels tweet on the subject says othrwise, it'sposted somewhere above, I'm not looking right now.

To be honest, it did seem like the end of the world when I first heard the news. But since I'm getting the console and LE, I thought of another plan.

I'll buy some MS points and trade-in one of the games with LE War Games Pass and let some other desperate sucker fall for it. If I'm lucky, maybe I might make an extra pound or two for my "generosity". :p/:biglaugh

I like the Scanner helmet, I just wish it could have a Cylon oscilating eye.

Edited by Combaticon

The digital world and its digital goodies suck. Lesson learned.

I don't know what to believe, and right now I don't give a damn. It sounds like LE owners will have access to the Recruit PRIME armor variant, while others will have the original.

Like when one pre-ordered the standard Halo:Reach and got the tacky Recon helmet with the camera thing over the visor. Those who didn't pre-order could only use the regular variant and one other one that didn't have a tacky camera.

And the helmets/falcon emblem for those who get the season pass off of the marketplace? Don't care for them as long as the sol emblem and security helmet are in Halo 4.

I'm happy enough knowing that I'll get a 90 minute director's cut of Forward Unto Dawn, as well as a hands on UNSC briefing packet when I open my LE.

343i needs to make a legendary edition for Halo 5 so they can bundle a big ass statue of Cortana with it. People can oogle at it all day long and not worry about all this shit we won't care about when the nextbox comes and we bitch about Halo 5's pre-order incentives.