PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #181
Metroid51X

The Neko Otaku's Gamercard
well I decided to read I Am a Hero and dropped it right after. I'll start with the one good point of the manga before I go off about what turn me off. For a Manga about Zombies it took it's time setting up the main character, the entire first volume is just the main character's day to day life only at the end is where the first zombie shows up. It's rare to see a zombie story that take time to setup everything rather than just throw you right in the middle of the Apocalypse. That's the one good thing I have to say about this now on to the 2 major things that made me stop reading.Reason number one the art style. At first I kinda like the art style since it was going for a very realistic look, but then a few chapters in some characters faces look just bizzare to the point where it gets kinda hard to look at. Reason Number 2 there is no reason for some of these people to be this fucking stupid. I get that there will those people in zombie stories that will not recognize the person is walking corpse with hunger for flesh but this manga was pushing, and simply describe scene for an example of this.

Okay the main character got on a train to escape his town that's gone to hell and trying get a grip on what just happen. In the next train car over there's zombies attacking people, now this is in plain sight of in the car that the MC is in and several other people, how does no one notices the group of people clearly attack others and biting their flesh off? There's one person who complain the the next car over is being noisy but doesn't this happening. And Now one the zombies are at the door trying to get in this pisses off one of the passengers who opens the door and ask whats his deal which the Zombie leans forward and bites off huge thing of skin off his forehead, now you think anyone would make the conclusion that this person dangerous and should get the hell away form them nope, even after having part of head bit off the guy still stands there wonder what the hell the guys problem is, also none of the other passengers react to this except one who gets annoyed by the racket the two are causing and flips the zombie over which causes him to get bit and instantly turns into a zombie, I am not kidding it take like 10 seconds and boom zombie. And he starts attacking people and now they start panicking. it wasn't the screams of help of people getting attack in the next car over , it wasn't the guy getting his forehead bitten off, it was the guy ripping peoples head apart the point they start panicking. and also later the MC gets in a taxi with two people in which they explain the got bit by some crazy people and very early on the MC make the connection if you get bit you turn into crazy person wanting to eat other people and you think he immediately get out of the taxi fully knowing whats going to happen to them......nope hes stays in the taxi with the clearly infected people and that's the point I dropped this Manga.

Last edited by Metroid51X; 05-21-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Metroid51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #182
Metroid51X

And the Manga discussion thread remains dead, might as well leave some mini reviews of what I've finished recently.

Kieli- A story of a girl living on a planet ruled over by the church who can also see spirits and comes across an immortal soldier and his possessed radio, sounds like a good setup for a story that would last a good bit? Kieli is only 7 chapters long which means you don't get much out of the story even though each chapter is 50 some pages long and that's Kieli's only problem that it's too short.

Mamacolle- Not much to say about this one except it's just mindlessly cute manga of a girl taking care of a new type of pet called babies. It somthing to read in between bigger reads

Kimi wa Pet- A news reporter fed up with her day to day stress find a cardboard box in front of her home a finds a young homeless man inside it and decides to take him in and says he can stay there if he becomes her pet. Of course most peoples reaction to that plot summary is " Is this going to turn into some weird perverted thing?" and the answer is nope it's a rather interesting slice of life/romance manga that actually keeps you guessing on how the plot is going to turn out. I would highly recommend this manga if they want to read something unique.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #183
Enchiladas

Manga is cool
Enchiladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:36 AM   #184
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchiladas View Post
Manga is cool
thanks for your input

TumblrAnime ListHummingbirdYouTube

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #185
Metroid51X

Okay the Brynhildr in the Darkness manga has been updating like fucking crazy these past 2 weeks with a total of 40 new chapters and as you can imagine a crap load of stuff happens and it was good

Last edited by Metroid51X; 06-02-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Metroid51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #186
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
^ Not going to quote you but:

I noticed Brynhildr was stuck on like chapter 58/59 for a long time. Then a week later I check it's like "next chapter coming:101" and I was like "WTF?". But yea they missed MANY chapters out so I didn't read it till they caught up, and now that I've looked, they have filled out all the gaps.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #187
Metroid51X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
^ Not going to quote you but:

I noticed Brynhildr was stuck on like chapter 58/59 for a long time. Then a week later I check it's like "next chapter coming:101" and I was like "WTF?". But yea they missed MANY chapters out so I didn't read it till they caught up, and now that I've looked, they have filled out all the gaps.
yeah I was confused as hell when that was going on I'm just wonder why were they translating out of order chapters
Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #188
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid51X View Post
yeah I was confused as hell when that was going on I'm just wonder why were they translating out of order chapters
WOW, I caught up, it's really good, I liked it.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #189
Metroid51X

Just started to read Franken Fran and my god is this just the most twisted thing that I've have read in a while. The series follows a a frankenstein like girl called Fran and her twisted research and creations and numerous job offers form people for all sort of things(reviving the dead, cosmetic surgery). I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves gore and dark humor. and I'll leave 2 images from the manga to help people to get an idea of the series.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #190
Ryuzaki712

manga returned

Hunter x hunter is back if someone is interested xD
Ryuzaki712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #191
Metroid51X

Finished High School Debut and it was a good series in the beginning before towards the end it becomes like every other highschool romance series and very boring. Now I'm going to move onto vampire knight and so far it's been pretty good but i cant shake this feeling that it's going to introduce a really really stupid plot point somewhere in the series.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #192
Insydius

Send a message via ICQ to Insydius Send a message via AIM to Insydius Send a message via MSN to Insydius Send a message via Skype™ to Insydius

Erroneously's Gamercard
I have been keeping up with the latest Naurto manga, the latest revealing much of the history of the Black Zetsu. Though my notable favorites were Fujimura-kun Meitsu, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Hoken no Sensei, Kodomo no Jikan, and Sora no Otoshimono.
Insydius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #193
Metroid51X

Well ended up dropping vampire knight but it wasn't because of a stupid plot point it was the boring characters. Now the main character wasn't boring she was good it was instead the two other charters the emotionless vampire that was always was taking vaguely and always in a serious there's no hope for me guy.Not to mention its one of those manga that have a handful of side characters right from the start and hard to figure out who is who.
Now I'm going to start reading about Koi Kaze and how the manga turns since I have heard interesting things about it.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #194
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Started reading I am a Hero after sometime. And fuck, the characters are fucking terrible, and the story took way TOO LONG to get into motion. But fuck, im 57 chapters in now and it was worth the wait. The people are fucking retarded and stupid, yea, it;s like they're brain dead.

But the factor for me which made it extremely enjoyable was:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

THIS IS WHAT ATTACK ON TITAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Last edited by Jakez123; 06-23-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #195
Helium

Named GAMER's Gamercard
It's kinda shame that most mangas what I try to read ends up been series which don't get tranlations after few chapters.

Been trying to continue reading Yugo past the 15th chapter but it doesn't help when you can only read hiragana and katakana at book which haves almost all the text as kanji.

Well would recomend to read that anyways since the first story/arch is great and it's pretty interesting manga. First arch/story you can find in all english.
Helium is offline   Reply With Quote