Supersoldier Glitch Thread - Looking for why

acidburnvictim

I would like to have a thread to have people quickly look for updates on trying to fix the glitchy 3/7 SS and full campaign SS achievements.

Please post here with the following answers so we can compile information looking for similarities between attempts to get these achievements to unlock.

Here are some initial questions:

Did the achievement glitch on your account?

Did you start out on SuperSoldier Difficulty?

Did the Veteran 3/7 achievement unlock?

Did you access the tutorial from a new game or through the menu?

Prior to campaign completion, did you replay missions through mission select?

If it didn't unlock initially, how did you finally get it to pop?

Did you press the X button to skip cutscenes either at the end of a chapter or during a mission briefing?

I will edit more questions based on the responses this thread receives, and update as often as I can the results.

Let's see if we can identify why this is happening and update the guide to try to prevent future people from having the same issue.

Edited by acidburnvictim
Added new question

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Yes

Yes

Played the full tutorial when asked to when starting a new game. Even went back and did the tutorial again on SS from the main menu after the achievement didnt unlock and still no achievement

No

No luck yet

Yes (for completing the game on supersoldier)

Yes

Yes

Both

No

Still not joy have tried the folling with zero luck :

1. Replaying the tutorial on SS

2. Replaying the entire last mission on SS

3. Starting a new campaign on SS and doing the tutorial when asked on SS

That's all I can think of doing to try and get it to pop, I never skipped any cutscenes during my entire playthrough

Got my 3/7 Supersoldier achievement to pop. Unfortunately I had to move my data to a USB and start again from scratch. Started a new game on SS, did the tutorial when prompted to and the achievemnt popped as planned during the cutscene after level 3. It seemed to take a while to do so, so I thought I was boned again but it did pop about 10 seconds after the cutscene started.

yes

yes

yes

from new game

no

still not pop even i finish a new campign on SS again still no pop :mad:

Yes

Yes

Yes, but SS 3/7 did not (but complete SS did)

New game

No, I just went to mission select about twice to check the levels name in my language

No luck yet, but I´m going to try 3/7 SS on different save.

Also - the Veteran and SS complete cheevos did unlock, but World Saver aka just complete campaign did not.

Edit: just did it, deleted my save and started on SS all over again, I did the tutorial when I selected new game, and finally, after 3rd level I got my 3/7 SS cheevo, now I have to get World Saver cheevo!

Also, first time, I accidently skipped the cutscene at level 3 ending, which maybe was the reason of me not getting the cheevo

Edited by GeneralGranko

Does everyone have Hunter Edition or other DLC on their hd also?

I am wondering if this is the problem also. In the other thread about this HERE, "erspence" says this...

I started the game on SS, played the full tutorial when asked and after level 3 was awarded with only beating 3/7 levels on Veteran. Replayed the tutorial from the menu on SS and still nothing. Im going to move my save to a USB and restart from scratch tonight to see if I can get it to pop.

then he says this....

Got my 3/7 Supersoldier achievement to pop. Unfortunately I had to move my data to a USB and start again from scratch. Started a new game on SS, did the tutorial when prompted to and the achievemnt popped as planned during the cutscene after level 3. It seemed to take a while to do so, so I thought I was boned again but it did pop about 10 seconds after the cutscene started.

Now he moved his save to a USB, and assuming he had the Hunter Edition (cause everyone should. Its still the initial 1st press on shelves), and did not move the Hunter Edtion download file to the USB. This may be the solution. DELETE the Hunter Edition download file from HDD and start from scratch.

I havent started the SP at all cause of this. Not gonna until this is figured out.

I am wondering if this is the problem also. In the other thread about this HERE, "erspence" says this...

then he says this....

Now he moved his save to a USB, and assuming he had the Hunter Edition (cause everyone should. Its still the initial 1st press on shelves), and did not move the Hunter Edtion download file to the USB. This may be the solution. DELETE the Hunter Edition download file from HDD and start from scratch.

I havent started the SP at all cause of this. Not gonna until this is figured out.

This is NOT the problem. 2 cheevos didn´t unlock for me either, so I moved my save to USB and deleted it on HDD, but I left my Hunter DLC and 2 other pre-order DLC´s there.

Then I started all over again on SS and when it asked my if I want tutorial, I choosed yes and went through it, after 3rd mission, my 3/7 SS cheevo popped without problem, there is something else that´s causing problems, we just don´t have any idea what, because I did the same on my first playthrough and it didn´t pop, but it did pop on my second, on different save....

This is NOT the problem. 2 cheevos didn´t unlock for me either, so I moved my save to USB and deleted it on HDD, but I left my Hunter DLC and 2 other pre-order DLC´s there.

Then I started all over again on SS and when it asked my if I want tutorial, I choosed yes and went through it, after 3rd mission, my 3/7 SS cheevo popped without problem, there is something else that´s causing problems, we just don´t have any idea what, because I did the same on my first playthrough and it didn´t pop, but it did pop on my second, on different save....

You deleted the Hunter Edition DLC file on your HDD BEFORE you started the SP and the achieves did NOT pop?

You deleted the Hunter Edition DLC file on your HDD BEFORE you started the SP and the achieves did NOT pop?

Nonono, I had my Hunter Edition DLC on my HDD on both of my playthroughs.

Did the same on both playthroughs = play tutorial when starting the game (NEW GAME option) and on first playthrough it didn´t pop, but even through I did totally the same, it did pop on my second playthrough (my second playthrough was on a new save = starting from scratch, because I deleted [copied it to USB] my previous savefile but I left my Hunter DLC on HDD whole time).

Edited by GeneralGranko

Nonono, I had my Hunter Edition DLC on my HDD on both of my playthroughs.

Did the same on both playthroughs = play tutorial when starting the game (NEW GAME option) and on first playthrough it didn´t pop, but even through I did totally the same, it did pop on my second playthrough (my second playthrough was on a new save = starting from scratch, because I deleted [copied it to USB] my previous savefile but I left my Hunter DLC on HDD whole time).

So basically... play the game twice. after the first time, move to USB or delete your first save file, then play again from scratch til chapter 3?

Sorry, I´m not best at english, but I think you´re just making it complicated. I´m going to try explain it once more.

1 playthrough - SS, played from HDD - Hunter DLC installed on HDD

- SS 3/7 cheevo didn´t unlock

- World Saver cheevo didn´t unlock

Then

- deleted save from HDD (moved it to USB)

2 playthrough - SS, played from HDD - Hunter DLC installed on HDD

-played from scratch, my previous savegame is stored on USB

-did the same as on first playthrough, which means I played on SS and did tutorial when asked to

-even through I did the same like on my 1st playthrough, the cheevos finally unlocked

That´s everything, so what I want to say is that we don´t know what is the problem, but Hunter DLC haves nothing to do with this at all!

Edit: I see you have edited your post --- and yeah, that´s what I did :)

I don't have the game yet, but everything you guys have written so far suggests that the third instalment has pretty much the same problem as the previous one: if you start the campaign on SS straight away there's a big chance that some (if not all) SS related achievements will glitch. HOWEVER, if you play on some other difficulty first, and than play through the game again on Super-Soldier everything should unlock properly. Some threads on the official C3 forum suggest that this is indeed the case here.

So basically... play the game twice. after the first time, move to USB or delete your first save file, then play again from scratch til chapter 3?

Yes. I moved only my save file/player data to a USB but left the Hunter Edition Bow DLC on my HD. Achievement unlocked as normal upon second playthrough. Simply replaying the chapters does not work. You must move/delete your data to make it seem like you are playing from scratch.

I don't have the game yet, but everything you guys have written so far suggests that the third instalment has pretty much the same problem as the previous one: if you start the campaign on SS straight away there's a big chance that some (if not all) SS related achievements will glitch. HOWEVER, if you play on some other difficulty first, and than play through the game again on Super-Soldier everything should unlock properly. Some threads on the official C3 forum suggest that this is indeed the case here.

Took the words right off my keyboard man. I am fixing to start my sp run tru. Always start on recurit and pick up everthing and try to knock out all the cheevos. Then do my super soldier run tru.

Edit: just did it, deleted my save and started on SS all over again, I did the tutorial when I selected new game, and finally, after 3rd level I got my 3/7 SS cheevo, now I have to get World Saver cheevo!

Also, first time, I accidently skipped the cutscene at level 3 ending, which maybe was the reason of me not getting the cheevo

So If I move my save to the cloud and replay the game on SS I should get my professional superhero achievement?

No

No

Yes

New game

Yes, my game kept freezing on the end of level boss on Mission 6

I initially played through on Soldier and had the stuttering sound in mission 2, then no problems at all until my first Super Soldier playthrough, although the two 3/7 achievements popped simultaneously (2 for 50G), but then it kept crashing on the very last checkpoint in the boss fight in mission 7. I replayed from the start of the level with no joy, so deleted my save and started a new Super Soldier game.

Again, no problem until the Mission 6 boss this time, where it froze. I went to level select, selected mission 6 again and had no problems through to the end. Both difficulty achievements popped separately about 5 seconds apart as soon as I completed the last action required. It was tense.

Hope it works out for you guys.

Is this probably what is going on? I haven't had mine glitch since I am only on level three on Recruit. I did the same thing for Crysis 2 and never had any problems.

Took the words right off my keyboard man. I am fixing to start my sp run tru. Always start on recurit and pick up everthing and try to knock out all the cheevos. Then do my super soldier run tru.

Same here. Starting Crysis games on Recruit is probably best since you can get all the upgrades and other stuff out of the way and then focus on Supersoldier later with all that stuff done.

OMG of course it glitched for me.

YES!

Yes.

Yes.

New Game.

No.

Haven't and its stupid! My game stats says 100% and 7/7 levels done on super soldier. So the game knows I have completed the requirements.