Forza 4 FAQ Thread - Please Read Before Posting

SuperSkyline89

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna create a new thread for this problem but figured id save space and ask it in here.

My problem is that ive got an affinity award bonus from numerous marques and the 75% discounts work fine but ive got 100% bonuses off peugeot and Citroen and yet its still trying to charge me for the parts does anybody else have this problem?

I was gonna create a new thread for this problem but figured id save space and ask it in here.

My problem is that ive got an affinity award bonus from numerous marques and the 75% discounts work fine but ive got 100% bonuses off peugeot and Citroen and yet its still trying to charge me for the parts does anybody else have this problem?

After level 4 Affinity of a particular auto manufacturer, you will get 100% discount on all parts for that brand of vehicle. After that you will receive a credit bonus with each affinity level you reach in that brand.

Now, I haven't had issues with them charging me after I got the 100% parts discount, but check this out. I made a tune for a 135i and placed it in my Storefront. Someone bought it, put it on their car, then later took it off. Now, he said he is getting 100% off all his parts. He didn't specify which brands, if its all brands or what. But he sent me a message telling me about it. All I asked him is why he was complaining, lol.

How is the DMC-12 a secret car? There's nothing secret about it...you can buy it the second you load the game up the first time...lol

Honestly I don't know, but so far I've had people tell me it's the one and no one say it's a different car so I put it in.

I think it's about as lame of a car as they could have chosen if it really is the one.

After level 4 Affinity of a particular auto manufacturer, you will get 100% discount on all parts for that brand of vehicle. After that you will receive a credit bonus with each affinity level you reach in that brand.

Now, I haven't had issues with them charging me after I got the 100% parts discount, but check this out. I made a tune for a 135i and placed it in my Storefront. Someone bought it, put it on their car, then later took it off. Now, he said he is getting 100% off all his parts. He didn't specify which brands, if its all brands or what. But he sent me a message telling me about it. All I asked him is why he was complaining, lol.

You'll still get charged for engine swaps, aspiration swaps, tires, cosmetic alterations, and wheels I believe. But all parts made by the manufacturer are free. (Although in real life, very few companies offer upgrade parts such as intakes, cams, exhausts, save for maybe Scion and Shelby/Saleen.)

You'll still get charged for engine swaps, aspiration swaps, tires, cosmetic alterations, and wheels I believe. But all parts made by the manufacturer are free. (Although in real life, very few companies offer upgrade parts such as intakes, cams, exhausts, save for maybe Scion and Shelby/Saleen.)

Those engine swaps you pay for labor, lol, jk.

Just got to Nissan Affinity Level 4 and checked what parts you do and don't get for free.

The discounts apply to all "Engine and Power", "Platform and Handling", "Drivetrain", "Tire Compound", and "Tire Width" upgrades. The discount doesn't apply to "Rim Style", "Rim Size", "Aero and Appearance", or "Conversion" upgrades.

Awesome Drift

1) Free Play

2) Quick Race

3) Shelby Cobra 427

4) Benchmark Test Track Speedway (1st track listed)

5) Race Difficulty - set it up like this;

ABS OFF

Steering Normal

Stability OFF

Traction OFF

Shifting AUTO

Suggested line OFF

Rewind ON

Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

Edited by Matt36

How do you drift with Auto on? Wouldn't it be easier with MT?

Just got to Nissan Affinity Level 4 and checked what parts you do and don't get for free.

The discounts apply to all "Engine and Power", "Platform and Handling", "Drivetrain", "Tire Compound", and "Tire Width" upgrades. The discount doesn't apply to "Rim Style", "Rim Size", "Aero and Appearance", or "Conversion" upgrades.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay for anything involving tires.

Edited by MxPx

How do you drift with Auto on? Wouldn't it be easier with MT?

As long as your corner entry speed is good and you can manage the steering and throttle then it's really easy. I've never used a manual for drifting, I got the 100,000 drift lap in FM3 with an automatic RS200.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay for anything involving tires.

I went into the upgrade shop and checked every single upgrade available for my 2000GT-R and it said 0cR for Tire Compound and Tire Width.

Nope. Not with that set up. Go try it and let me know. I never use MT.

Ahh, see, I never use AT. Too boring to me. Hell, I can't even keep the car on the track half the time. lol

As long as your corner entry speed is good and you can manage the steering and throttle then it's really easy. I've never used a manual for drifting, I got the 100,000 drift lap in FM3 with an automatic RS200.

I went into the upgrade shop and checked every single upgrade available for my 2000GT-R and it said 0cR for Tire Compound and Tire Width.

Weird...Pretty sure I've had to pay for mine. Oh well.

FAQ; NO legal cars on Race 16 of Season 8

Same thing happens again at Season 8, Race 16.

Need a GT2 car. Which are 1million credits each or 3 tokens.

I had a spare 240M$ points so just bought 3 tokens and bought the BMW GT2 car.

Body model must be GT2

There are no other options at this point, but this one race.

Hope this helps again!

I just went through all 6 pages of threads and updated the FAQ with a good bunch of info.

I'm going to look into the Affinity Levels later tonight to see what exactly I can and can't get for free at Level 4 and report on that then.

ForzaTuneCalculator

^ there is a forza 3 tune calculator since you liked my other two links i shared. this does an alright job but if you know what you're doing you can use this to help you make a quick tune.