Gigapotts wants to..

Gigapotts

Buy some kind of strategy game that i can immerse myself in.

I'm getting really bored of my xbox now, and I'm occasionally playing call of duty with fellow gigamonks but that's about it really.

I want a game like Final Fantasy (But obviously not because its only online) where i can come back and play it and still have fun playing it, one with a lot of replay value. I thought about oblivion? I'm normally into action and shoot em ups but have a lot of patience for tactical games like splinter cell and Metal Gear Solid. Infact i want one like MGS really... any idea's?

So far i'm thinking Mass Effect :)

Edited by Gigapotts

Buy some kind of strategy game that i can immerse myself in.

I'm getting really bored of my xbox now, and I'm occasionally playing call of duty with fellow gigamonks but that's about it really.

I want a game like Final Fantasy (But obviously not because its only online) where i can come back and play it and still have fun playing it, one with a lot of replay value. I thought about oblivion? I'm normally into action and shoot em ups but have a lot of patience for tactical games like splinter cell and Metal Gear Solid. Infact i want one like MGS really... any idea's?

So far i'm thinking Mass Effect :)

Buy PS1 and Final Fantasy VII and MGS to it. =P But for X360 I'd suggest Oblivion. Such a good game.

I recently have been engaged in two games, they are both non xbox. The first one is MGS3 (breast cam ftw, Hideo you cheeky bastard) and the second one is Rome:Total War. Seriously Rome is taking up so much of my time, managing my campaign and playing through every battle i encounter, not just hitting the instant resolution button.

Definitely looking at Mass Effect, looks alot like knights of the old republic i used to have for PS2.. can't wait for MGS4 to come out on x360! :D

Cheers for the replies, might get Oblivion too in the end :p

If you get Oblivion, make sure you get the Game of the Year Edition. It comes with the Shivering Isles expansion pack, and allows you to get the full 1250.

i can tell you from experience that Oblivion sounds like the type of game you're looking for. you can go anywhere, do anything, and easily put in 200+ hours without even touching the main quest line.

i haven't played Mass Effect or Lost Odyssey, but i hear from friends that those are some great games with great reply value.

Yeah, cheers for the pointers guys!

Looked at a few reviews for mass effect and it looks fantastic, just bought it as well for £15.. guess that could go in the good deals thread! :)

Guess this thread can be locked up, cheers for the feedback about all the games guys- think i'll buy oblivion when i can afford it :D

Mass Effect is a fantastic choice, Potts. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but the 5 or 6 hours I've played have been phenomenal. Oblivion would be a stellar title to pick up once you get 1050/1050 (or whatever it is right now with Mass Effect).

I was a little thrown off by the original post when you said "strategy game...like Final Fantasy." I was going to point you in the direction of Civilization Revolution which is coming out in the States this Tuesday. I've always loved everything Sid Meier creates and from playing the demo, this shouldn't buck the trend. Streamlined a bit for consoles, but still VERY much so a Civ game.