Servers Offline + Delisted from Xbox LIVE Marketplace

iBuzz7S

FUCK YOU THQ and anyone involved in the servers closing. Not even a year old and the game is basically dead to anyone who owns it since the offline is 1/8th of the game.

With the unfortunate events that have took place for well-known publishers THQ over the past few months, it's unsurprising to see their XBLA title, Nexuiz vanish from the Games Marketplace, especially after the servers for the game just recently felt the wrath of the shutdown-axe, too.

Nexuiz was recently part of a game publisher weekend deal that saw the game reduced from 800 MSP to 200 MSP. Many of you will have probably scooped the title up at the time, but if you didn't get around to starting the game, then the completion won't be coming your way anytime soon. Based around first-person online multiplayer madness, the server shutdown has rendered nine of the 12 achievements unobtainable. With no warning or notice to the servers being switched off, this is just the harsh way the cookie has crumbled for this particular THQ title.

Dear God, someone pick it up and revive this POS title or at least give the consumer what they deserve.

Source: TrueAchievements

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well that's awesome. Why didn't I get notified? When they are going to do that, why can't they shoot out an email to anyone who has purchased the game. I didn't get the full points because I was waiting on a patch to fix a major issue...nope! Just shut down the whole thing. I was not completely done with that game :( I did enjoy it while I played it. This is not good news. I want them to unlock my achievements I had remaining!

• 1 month later...

DAMN! :mad:

I saw this game on a random YouTube video and it looked just like the kind of game that I'd love. Classic style of FPS action, UT-esque. Checked it out and I see this thread.

Just great. Thanks THQ.

You guys think it will ever show back up and get re-listed and patched up? I hope so but I'm not crossing my fingers. What became of THQ again? Didn't Koch Media or Deep Silver gain all their rights?

Edited by Nevander

You guys think it will ever show back up and get re-listed and patched up? I hope so but I'm not crossing my fingers. What became of THQ again? Didn't Koch Media or Deep Silver gain all their rights?

THQ got split up and sold all over the place. Crytek, Ubisoft and Deep Silver (Koch Media) ended up with some stuff. There are others too.

Not sure where Nexuiz went, but I don't see it coming back to the XBLM or being available to play online.

It was a fun game while it worked. :(

• 1 month later...

That's sad to hear. It was a nice game but what are we to do. I'm surprised nobody acquired the title, but I guess that also means there's no potential for a sequel.

Still it had some really funny features, and I'd love to see a revival, or maybe a PC work-around.

Still, glad I don't really care about those shiny gold stars too much.

FUCK YOU THQ and anyone involved in the servers closing.

Of course when I read posts like this I just get sad. It wasn't their choice to close them down and all those devs are probably sad about it to, BUT it dosen't mean you can open your topic with that sentence.

Give a little respect to them.