Resident Evil 5 Server shutdown ?????

chrisk62

Ok, Ive heard rumours that the servers for Resident Evil 5 are about to close very soon. Ive searched recent threads on here and found no news about it when googling the internet so does anyone know if this is true or not?

I was planning on buying the game but i'm a completionist and aim to get every achievement for every game that i play so if it's going to be impossible to get 1400G on this game soon then i will give the game a miss.

Any info from anyone on the future of the game's servers would be really helpful, thanks :)

They are apparently shutting down for numerous reasons, the servers are too quiet nowadays and Operation Raccoon City is almost released being the main reasons. This is what ive heard from 2 different people so wondering is they really are shutting down soon.

Ive already played Resident Evil 5 on PS3 and yeah it's a good game but in my opinion it's not as good as Resident Evil 4 so how is it idiotic that i'm avoiding the game on the 360 if 100% completion is unatainable?

well its feb 14th i am playing it now and 4 achievements from 70/70 so far i havent heard anything about servers going down. i dought they will but who knows EA droped them on army of two but that was cause it went dead right now a decent amount of people still play RE5 online. if they do i see them doing it maybe a month or 2 after ORC comes out.

Thanks for the feedback 'jtbrig7390'. The rumours seem to be about the VERSUS MODE, but obviously not true if people are currently playing it online.

Picking the game up tomorrow, 1400G here i come :woop:

well i been playing it on versus don't get me wrong im not saying there isnt some truth to the rumor but for right now there up im trying to finish out my last 4 achievements and if they do shut them down it will also shut down the co-op part as well. i dont see them shuting them down for at lease 1 month after ORC comes out....but i could be wrong

Only EA servers get shut down on Xbox (EA is in charge of their servers as opposed to Xbox) or certain sports titles (to create more popularity for the yearly releases). PS3 servers are done by GameSpy so they COULD but they won't be, either. This series is not a sports title and Capcom knows RE is one of the biggest franchises it has. They would never shut down one of the games servers for a different entry as each new game releases gives more reason for people to play/buy the previous entries as well. Whomever told you this was VERY incorrect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
They did shut down the servers for Outbreak on the PS2, though. Even in Japan.

But those servers lasted for several years. RE5 is only 2 years old, and Gold Edition is only a little over a year old. If they shut the servers down, it won't be soon.

Resident Evil 5 is 4 years old.

all i know is me and some friends need to hurry up and finish whatever online achieves are left.

I follow several sites that tend to release things like this and this woulsd be the first that I have heard of this. That being said, if anyone needs help with the online achievements send me a message and I would be glad to offer any assistance.

GT:KIRBER

• 2 weeks later...

There are still many games much older than Resident Evil that's servers are still up. o_o I swear I was playing Prey online a little less than 4 months ago, and that game came out near release of the damn 360 console! Not like there were A LOT playing it, it was me and a few friends. But they better not shut down the RE5 servers D: I still got 3 cheevos left that I'm gonna get back to!

• 4 weeks later...
Actually Resident Evil 5 has been out for 3 years and a couple months :woop:

Lol, i thought it was March 2008. yup 3 years is still old to me. anyways i have completed this game on May 2nd. and im glad i never have to put this game back in my xbox, well.... unless i feel like i miss playing it again for fun.

Edited by Annalie