Vietnam Call of Duty: OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Darth Grif55

http://www.n4g.com/News-498888.aspx

Let's hope Treyarch keeps up their good work, despite me loving MW2. I know it's a glitch-filled f*** fest which WAW was not. Plus, they're giving the PC guys dedicated servers! :woop:

Things I hope they keep from MW2:

Limited Enemy Spawns (Then Veteran will actually be possible)

Customizable Killstreaks (No NUKES!!!!)

Emblems

Titles

Things I hope they improve:

Glitches

Hacks

89 Over Powered Weapons

Edited by Darth Grif55

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait for this game. I really enjoyed WaW (Thought it was awesome!!) Theres been a Cod game each year since 2007 so im not suprised in the slighest. I dont think they'll take the Title/Emblem and Custom KS thing from Mw2 just like IW didnt take Zombie mode for WaW but you never know. Bring on November!

Do the americans get their ass whipped in the game too? Just wondered.

I always laugh at people from the UK bringing up Vietnam as a loss for America as if thats an insult coming from a country that has had far more defeats including by us (with help from the French)

Vietnam cost a lot of lives and it wasn't a win but it wasn't actually our problem. It was France's problem but they couldn't maintain it after WWII so we went in to try and fix it.. couldn't.. and moved on.

So lets tally up American defeats..

Ok so you Brits burned down the Whitehouse in 1814 on your attempt to take back America after we beat you the first time but then we beat you back again (with help from God/tornado)... so I guess that doesn't really count.

uhh... ok then in WWII Japan bombed an island we owned that was not yet a state.. so we fought them, viciously and then warned them, dropped a bomb.. warned them again, waited a couple days and bombed them again before they gave up. So... that pretty much doesn't count.

oh yeah and then chalk up a few buildings and a whole mess of lives, though as an American I'm sorry to say we destroyed far more buildings over there by now so thats not really going to count as much either.

Now I'll list a sample from your country you can feel free to google for further information.

The Hundred years war, 1337-1453

*Orleans, 1429

*Bordeaux, 1453

The Battle of Cartegena de las Indias, 1741

The US war of Independence, 1775-1783

*Yorktown, 1781

Castlebar, 1798

Afghanistan, 1842, 1880, 1919

Singapore, 1942

This is, of course, a short list leaving off several incidents where the Brits were defeated in battles but ultimately won (Zulus for example)

Never mind Britain was here longer than America and conquered most of the undiscovered world...

Vietnamese zombie traps should be good.

Is that in an effort to establish them as better than America? The British Empire, when calculated by land mass was roughly 33.7 million km2 in its prime.. now nearly half of this is uninhabitable land masses in the frozen tundra of Canada and Antarctica as well as acres and acres of wastelands in Australia.

That holds only slightly more significance than if the US claimed they owned the moon or Mars because we landed on them. Even now, but certainly back in those days, the efforts to maintain and revisit that land and its usefulness to the empire is just as significant as those floating rocks in space. Its impractical land. Enjoy. The Mongolian Empire was about 33.0 million km2 mostly connected in one area inhabited and useful. Does that mean they are superior to the Brits?

Beyond just land the Persian, Mongolian and Roman Empires all have outclassed the British Empire when it comes to percentage of the population of the world at the time. In my opinion that is a better benchmark than simple land size of useless rock and ice. But would you say that the Roman, Mongol and Persian Empires are better than the British Empire? They don't even exist anymore.

Do not get me wrong. I'm not stupid enough to think America is better than every other country. I happen to think most governments and especially the people in them are more similar than we like to think. Life is life no matter the skin colour, language spoken or name the government calls itself.

My whole point is that if you are a Brit, and you have had more defeats in your history than the United States don't bring up Vietnam as a big ha ha. That is ignorance.

It is like someone on here laughing at someone for not completing 100% on a game they, themselves, have not even played while also having a stack of more games below 100% anyway.