What the HELL is That?

jedijaxpavan

ok im going to just say it.

that teaser for Bioshock Infinite sucked.

i dont understand why it is in the sky. if you know anything more about what is going on please share

It's a prequal to bioshock 1 set in 1912 should explain a lot of the story from before the formation of rapture. Also i thought the trailer was fine.

ok im going to just say it.

that teaser for Bioshock Infinite sucked.

i dont understand why it is in the sky. if you know anything more about what is going on please share

it sucked? youre crazy

They got bored with rapture and wanted to create a new setting...well here

"

Irrational Games is working on BioShock Infinite because they haven't yet said everything they wanted to say about BioShock, according to the studio's director of product development, Tim Gerritsen. But they are done with Rapture, even though many folks seem to think that Rapture is at the heart of BioShock. Gerritsen disagrees, although he does believe that the effectiveness of the original BioShock was very much tied to its now-iconic underwater setting.

Having said that, the focus of Infinite is to keep the ethos of BioShock and bring it to a new, undiscovered location, Gerritsen explained:

We sat down and said, "What are the core elements? What are the essences that made
BioShock
BioShock
? And let's explore that, and then throw out all the rules. Let's not just make a game where we check off feature lists. Let's come up with the essences that make a
BioShock
game, and then explore those themes and take them in totally new directions."

If Rapture doesn't make BioShock, BioShock, then what does? What is the essence of a BioShock game?

What BioShock is really all about is: the mystery, the discovery, the "oh sh*t" moment, the -- you know, it's the tourist's-first-time-to-New-York-City kind of experience. You're just wandering around, going, "What the hell is this? This is amazing." We wanted to capture that moment and that sense of exploration. And that's why we felt, "We can't just go back to Rapture again. We can't just keep playing that," because it's not going to make that experience -- you can't create that sense of wonder and mystery. And then with
BioShock Infinite
, it's about creating this sort of open-air, larger-than-life, floating-above-the-world experience that is every bit as expansive as Rapture was claustrophobic.

Notice that he didn't mention "Ayn Rand" or "objectivism" anywhere in there.

BioShock Infinite is set for release sometime in 2012 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Check back tomorrow for my full interview with Gerritsen."

I copied that all from destructoid cause im to lazy to paraphrase

What a lame reaction. If you think that Bioshock = underwater city, you missed the most engaging parts of the game. Infinite looks like it shares the central themes (social separatism, genius gone wrong, freedom vs control) and the distinct gameplay (tonics, plasmids, etc) while swapping out a setting that, in my opinion, got pretty repetitive by the end of Bioshock 2.

you though it sucked R U Serious! "i dont understand why it is in the sky. if you know anything more about what is going on please share " and that's your reason why! dude this is from the orginial team that created bioshock, the eviroments are going to be awsome. the gameplay you know what to expect (probably a shooter) what interest me more is the story! "it sucked" U be crazy! =]

im still impartial. Yes the trailer was pretty good, but look at the first trailer for the first bioshock... also good had a very good *wtf moment*, but it didn't turn out like a lot of ppl expected it to. This game could, (and hopefully will) be amazing, but there is a lot that can go wrong with it. Above everything else though, i seriously will be pissed if they dont give the option to watch your character plummet to and smash into the ground if you fall off a ledge...

Firstly, I thought the trailer was excellent aside from the character model. I feel they're far too "cartoonish".

Secondly, I am a long-time BioShock fan, and feel that Rapture started to get a little stale near the end of the second game. That sad I am extremely excited for this new setting. I think it's going to be amazing like the last two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooo a prequel sounds intriguing. The explanation on how Rapture came to be and how Andrew Ryan and Fontain came to power will make for a good game. Hopefully they keep all the same elements from the first two games, including the dark insanely filled atmosphere. I enjoyed the trailer but it looks to bright and happy.

Seriously 2012 thats way to far

hopefully it comes out at a earlier release date

There seems to be some people saying why a 2012 release date, saying it should be out next year etc. A 2 year gap between big popular games is very common. Let them take their time and develop an awesome game.

As for the trailer...OP I totally disagree, I thought the trailer was great! So what if it's in the sky! It's not like the main character is going to be flying planes all the time. I also think that the underwater setting got just a bit stale towards the end of Bioshock 2. So sometimes change is a good thing.

Oooo a prequel sounds intriguing. The explanation on how Rapture came to be and how Andrew Ryan and Fontain came to power will make for a good game. Hopefully they keep all the same elements from the first two games, including the dark insanely filled atmosphere. I enjoyed the trailer but it looks to bright and happy.

What game are you talking about here?

This is going to be an amazing game. The fact that they are taking the Bioshock concept to an entirely new location is absolutely phenomenal. This game can't get here soon enough.

As far as the trailer: it was easily one of the best game trailers I've ever seen. Aside from being a fan of the games, it was just intriguing.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/DeathLord86.png

• 2 months later...

I think that this game will be amazing, but i just fear it would end up like Halo: Reach. I know its two completely different games, but bungie made amazing halo games, then they tried making a prequel and it killed it. Halo: reach was such a waste of money IMO, i just hope bioshock is able to make an amazing prequel

• 2 months later...

If it had been Bioshock 3 - set in rapture again i would of passed on it but infinate will hopefully inject some fresh new ideas and judging by the trailer it's not going to disapoint us, early days tho.

• 2 months later...

I agree, if it's in the sky it must suck. I mean I don't care about gameplay or story, I'm more concerned with things in the background. Way to ruin a great game! /sarcasm

In reference to the 2012 date, I think people are taking it way to serious. They just don't want to state a date and push it back 2-3 times. I really think it's gonna come out about winter 2011 if anything. I mean shit, I just seen that trailer that was 10 minutes of the game, and that was in September of 2010. I think a year+ is more than enough time for it to go live.