Avenged Sevenfold Fans - Fiction a Suicide Note?

Mr Deftino

Sup guys. I've had this theory for a while. Do you think that Fiction could be a suicide note left by The Rev? The lyrics seem to point that way...though the song was originally called Death so no wonder its about...hey...death. But it just seems a bit...strange that he died after writing it. And some of the lyrics in Nightmare were changed after his death.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZdyL4WQLk]YouTube- Fiction...Rip Jimmy... The Rev. Avenged Sevenfold[/ame]

Fiction Lyrics:

Now I think I understand

How this world can overcome a man.

Like a friend we saw it through

In the end I gave my life for you.

Gave you all I had to give

Found a place for me to rest my head.

I hope it's worth it, here on the highway, yeah

I know you'll find your own way when I'm not with you

So tell everybody, the ones who walk beside me, yeah

I know you'll find your own way when I'm not with you tonight

---------------------

Save Me Lyrics:

He may be out of his mind

But some day you will find, that sanity has left us all blind

And dragged us all behind, a moment seen through those eyes

Crystal blue disguise, they say that all beauty must die

I say it just moves on

----------------------

Just a thought =).

You're thinking too much into it.

Sometimes songs are just that; songs.

I do find it ironic though that people are considering it a suicide note when the song title is called Fiction.

Well when you consider the fact that Jimmy said he'd never live past the age of 28 - the age that he did in fact die at - and that the original title for the song was actually 'death', you can't help but feel there is a possibility of suicide. He also died 3 days after the vocal parts were recorded.

I do hope it wasn't suicide, but you can't completely rule it out.

Makes me think of English class, when you read a story, and you talk about all the symbolism that was in the book, then you wonder, "I bet the author just wrote a story and everyone just overanalyzed it"

I doubt anyone would write a song as a suicide note, just my honest opinion

Suicide Note Part 1 and Part 2 by Pantera, lol.

I understand how people could look at the lyrics and think that but look at the lyrics from City of Evil, Self titled ect ect. Its just there writting style.

i just pulled up the lyrics for a random a7x song

The Wicked End

"Left with his sins, how does this end?

We won't be here tomorrow, hold on to me for one last time"

most of the songs are like it, dont over anyalise it ;)

I don't think the Rev would commit suicide. And they did say they found out how he died, an accidental overdose.

I don't see how you can accidentally overdose, surely you'd have some common sense and know what you're doing?

Also, all the people saying "I doubt he'd commit suicide" you didn't know him, you can never tell what people are capable of doing.

I don't see how you can accidentally overdose, surely you'd have some common sense and know what you're doing?

Also, all the people saying "I doubt he'd commit suicide" you didn't know him, you can never tell what people are capable of doing.

and you can accidentally overdose, read the heroin diaries by nikki sixx. when your doing oxycodeine and a shitload of other stuff its not like your keeping track. also his autopsy showed a cocktail of a handful of different drugs, so he probably got high off of one and didnt think that the others would mix with it and end up killing him

I agree with it being a coincidence but it is good how lyrics make people think about things.

As for the new album it is amazing i havent stopped listening to it since it was released, My favorite track is welcome to the family :)

^^^^^ i am listening to that song as i read this thread. ^_^ that is a REALLY great song...

I think its lyrics but there is not doubt in my mind that The Rev suffered from some form of depression. Its just sad that his life ending the way it did. I think that this record is just their lyrical style but also a way of dealing with all the emotions of there best friends death. The anger, sadness, and all the feelings that go with loosing someone close.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to nudge a slightly aged topic... but I just wanted to throw in my own USD 0.02

Jimmy had an enlarged heart (Cardiomegaly) his whole life, which is why he claimed he wouldn't live past 28. His heart defect was progressively getting worse throughout his whole life. By the time a transplant would be available, he'd already be dead. He was slowly dying anyway, and only getting more sick.

Naturally, he didn't want to suffer anymore. He had always wanted to sing in a song on the album, and so he wrote "Fiction" and got his voice on the album. "Fiction," originally titled "Death," was indeed his suicide note. He called it his "Masterpiece". No one is over-analyzing anything. Death being a main theme of their music only makes it more logical that he write a song about his own suicide.

After he finished recording his song on Christmas day, he handed it over to Shadows and told him that was it. Three days later he overdosed on his medication as he drank, because he didn't want to suffer anymore. He wished to be at peace.

He knew what he was doing when he took his Oxymorphone (similar to morphine), OxyContin (Oxycodone), and Valium (both Diazepam and Nordiazepam), and washed it down with Alcohol (Ethanol)... His Brompton Cocktail (clicky).

It all makes perfect sense. He will be missed dearly. I hope it's better for him on the other side. I hope his death wasn't as painful as it could have been, but regardless I pray there's more peace where he's at now. As a Christian, it's painful to think he wasn't one, and I hope he sleeps in peace now.

I highly respect him as The Reverend Tholomew Plague (The Rev; a musician), but more importantly as James Owen Sullivan (Jimmy; a person).

R.I.P. Jimmy

Edited by Swivelgames

Sorry to nudge a slightly aged topic... but I just wanted to throw in my own USD 0.02

Jimmy had an enlarged heart (Cardiomegaly) his whole life, which is why he claimed he wouldn't live past 28. His heart defect was progressively getting worse throughout his whole life. By the time a transplant would be available, he'd already be dead. He was slowly dying anyway, and only getting more sick.

Naturally, he didn't want to suffer anymore. He had always wanted to sing in a song on the album, and so he wrote "Fiction" and got his voice on the album. "Fiction," originally titled "Death," was indeed his suicide note. He called it his "Masterpiece". No one is over-analyzing anything. Death being a main theme of their music only makes it more logical that he write a song about his own suicide.

After he finished recording his song on Christmas day, he handed it over to Shadows and told him that was it. Three days later he overdosed on his medication as he drank, because he didn't want to suffer anymore. He wished to be at peace.

He knew what he was doing when he took his Oxymorphone (similar to morphine), OxyContin (Oxycodone), and Valium (both Diazepam and Nordiazepam), and washed it down with Alcohol (Ethanol)... His Brompton Cocktail (clicky).

It all makes perfect sense. He will be missed dearly. I hope it's better for him on the other side. I hope his death wasn't as painful as it could have been, but regardless I pray there's more peace where he's at now. As a Christian, it's painful to think he wasn't one, and I hope he sleeps in peace now.

I highly respect him as The Reverend Tholomew Plague (The Rev; a musician), but more importantly as James Owen Sullivan (Jimmy; a person).

R.I.P. Jimmy

Wow you really know your A7X.