A Little Bit Of Help With The Dares

Crimson Ridley

Requirements to make life easier -

- Complete Chapter 5 to unlock the whole map

- Complete Adrenaline Activity 4 to unlock Pagani Zonda

- Unlock WP Multiplier 10 (you will have to complete a few dares to unlock this though)

- Buy Pagani Zonda for 1,000,000 WP

- See HERE for the Overtake x Vehicles in x Seconds dare

Earn x WP In x Seconds

Go to a street called. Russian Hill. You can find the street just to the right of Adrenaline Activity 1. Which is just below the road that you unlock Lombard Streak. It's full of huge hills, perfect for earning WP.

Use a fast car and fly down these hills, then race back up them to earn loads of WP. All the while you will be dodging cars and jumping over them, earning WP bonuses.

LOCATION OF RUSSIAN HILL

Alternate Method: Go to the drift track mentioned to do the 200m drift (further down the post) with the Corvette z06 Drift and then go around the track and keep up a long drift. Turn around at the bottom and drift back around again. Repeat.

Or, pick a long straight road and pick a fast car like the Murcielago. Drive into oncoming traffic and rack up multiple "Near Miss" bonuses, which are about 10 a pop. If you can keep a chain of Near Misses going, it won't actually register the WP until you break the chain. After you've racked up a long chain, stop the car to let your points "bank".

Or, take a low car and pass below a truck multiple times. Each time, you'll earn 100 points.

Jump x Metres

Look for Sprint Activity 9 on the map, in the top left hand section. Shift here and you will see a huge drop. Use this drop for all of your jump Dares, except for "Jump 3 cars in 45 seconds", where you can either use the Barrel Roll ramp, or get lucky with a Car Transporter on the freeway.

LOCATION OF HUGE DROP

Jump x Cars In x Seconds

Use the Barrel Roll ramp and get a big run-up. Floor it down and over the ramp and you should jump a car. Quickly spin round and go again, twice.

If you cannot do this, try to jump over a car from a Car Transporter. Just wreck a Transporter and Shift to a car. Now just jump off of the Transporter over the required amount of cars.

Alternate Methods: Russian Hill is a good spot. It's right between your Downtown and Fisherman's Wharf garage. Go to the street (going from east to the west) south to the "Tanner's Free Day" challenge.

Another way to find it: 2 streets south from Lombard street

Or, wreck a car transporter, then wreck a car in front of it. Then just drive over the car transporter.

Jump x Cars off a Car Transporter

Very easy. Shift to a car near a Transporter, ride up and jump off of the Transporter, Shift to another car behind the Transporter and repeat.

Perform a Barrel Roll

Grab the Pagani Zonda and start the Dare. Press Y to drop the mini-map and you should see an Activity to your left, in an alley. There is a ramp here that you can use for the barrel roll. Just race up the side of the ramp at high speed and with a bit of luck, your car will flip. If you can't find the alley, it's directly below the Midtown garage. If you can't get this to work you could try doing a barrel roll off of a Car Transporter, but your car sometimes sticks to the side and falls.

Boost for x Seconds

Unlock Level 3 Bar Size. Simple. You must complete about 20 Dares to unlock this Ability to buy.

Stay at x Speed for x Seconds

These are best done on the freeway. Some will require you to have no hits, which isn't that hard on the freeway due to the wide lanes.

Remember, you can slow down to stay close to the required speed. This way you will cover less ground, and your time will still tick down. This is very useful if you know there's a turn pretty soon.

Alternate Method: Use the Mclaren F1, boost in the start then hold the accelerator and you should drive in 210mph (330kmph) just be careful and dodge cars ahead of time so you don't crash. The speedway has 5 lanes so unless you're really unlucky with the cars you should be ok.

Drive x Vehicles Under a Big Rig

Not as hard as it sounds. Do the same process as the Transporter above. However, when you run out of cars, Shift forward to another rig and repeat. Big Rigs are mainly found on the freeway. Remember you need a low car for this, such as a Jag, a Dodge, a Pagani, etc. Most cars are low enough to drive under Big Rigs. It doesn't matter if you can't get the speed exactly right, as the car doesn't need to go all the way to the other side of the Big Rig and you can smash in to the wheels.

Alternate Method: Just crash a truck, so it can't drive away. Get its rig laying cross the street. Now you can simply shift into the cars naturally coming along the street and drive through under the rig. You can even use Pick Ups and SUVs... If you are fast enough they will lift the rig, pass through under it and it counts for the dare.

Tag x Vehicle in x Time

For the dares that require you to tag a certain amount of vehicles, I suggest using a big rig, a bus, or a fire engine. These last a long time and can easily hit vehicles on both sides. When it's almost destroyed or you have a small amount of vehicles near you, quickly Shift to another one and repeat.

The Golden Gate Bridge is a fantastic location to rack up some "tags".

x Metre Handbrake Stop

Grab the Pagani Zonda and head to the freeway. Look for a huge straight on the freeway and boost down it until you use up all 3 bars of your Boost Ability. When you reach top speed, let go of every button and then hold B until your car stops. This should cause you to smash the requirement.

Alternate Method: Little tip with the handbrake, you can use boost and it counts, so drive full steam then use handbrake and press forward to boost.

Or, find a big vehicle and drive toward a muddy off-road downward incline and hold the handbrake, you'll be able to slowly glide down the path, racking up the required stop distance and not worrying about stopping short until you hit both brakes.

Drift x Metres

The dirt road (brown road on the map) directly above the Midtown Garage is a good place to get a 250m drift.

A good car to use is the McLaren F1 which costs 750,000 WP.

Take it to the big curve and start your drift with B. Feather the Right Trigger and work your way around the corner. You may turn completely sideways towards the end but keep the drift going, as the game is a little weird with drifting. You could be looking at about 30m worth of sideways drifting.

Alternate Method: Use the corvette drift car and above the Presido garage there is a circle back road with a road running through it. Try here if you are having difficulty with the Midtown Garage dirt road.

Smash x Objects In x Seconds

As the timer doesn't start until you smash your first object, Shift to the freeway. Down the centre of the freeway is a divider, that finishes to reveal a load of red poles. Go back to Shift and drag your cursor down the freeway looking for the longest line of poles. Shift into a car and start knocking all of these down. Try to hit the barrels at the beginning and end, as they normally equal about 6 objects. Once you've smashed them all quickly shift further down the freeway to the next line of poles and repeat the process.

Good locations for red poles: On the south island highway, at the bend before the bridge. Here you will find over 200 road cones from the bend, over the bridge and even a little after. Use a Big Rig if you are not too good at dodging cars as it will not slow down too much if you crash.

Or, on the free way: on the top island, at the far left, just where the freeway goes under the bridge. To the right of here is a huge stretch of red bollards, reaching almost 250. Just grab a fast car and get to work.

Smash x Objects Off-Road And In Alleyways In x Seconds

On the left side of the city, there is a garage (Golden Gate Park Garage). Just north of the garage are 3 alleyways in one straight line. These alleyways are full of streetlights and thrash cans.

Just start mowing everything on the right side, then turn and do it again on the other side.

LOCATION OF ALLEYWAYS

Alternate Method: For the alleyway, in the bottom right of top section of map there's an alley with loads of cones, fences barrels all the way up it runs east to west.

Or, the alley next to the barrel roll location is packed with stuff to smash.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the tag x amount I really struggled on open wide roads, I went for a straight single road and worked a lot better. But agree big truck or bus is the way to go on this one.

I'm really struggling on the 10 cars under the big rigs for some reason there aren't enough cars around them.

For the alleyway, in the bottom right of top section of map there's an alley with loads of cones, fences barrels all the way up it runs east to west.

Thanks for the post Callum!

But I'm currently struggling with 2 dares:

200m Handbrake stop

200 objects in 60s

(This one seems quite impossible to me - 3.3 objects/second!?)

Any1 has some tips on those?

Edit: for the jump over 3 cars in 45s - I think Russian Hill is a really good spot

Edited by red_hammer

Thanks for the post Callum!

But I'm currently struggling with 2 dares:

200m Handbrake stop

200 objects in 60s

(This one seems quite impossible to me - 3.3 objects/second!?)

Any1 has some tips on those?

My post above has a description for 200 Objects in 60 seconds.

For a 200m Handbrake stop, I used the Pagani Zonda (I'm sure this is the best car in the game). I just boosted down the freeway, hitting about 210mph, then held B. Do not hold any other button while holding B, as the game will not count your stop. Doing it this way, I smashed 200m.

I'm really struggling on the 10 cars under the big rigs for some reason there aren't enough cars around them.

Just crash a truck, so it cant drive away. Get its trailer laying cross the street. Now u can simply shift into the cars naturally coming along the street and drive through under the rig. You can even use Pick Ups and SUVs...if you are fast enough they will lift the rig, pass through under it and it counts for the dare.

Edited by JimmyPlacid

Just crash a truck, so it cant drive away. Get its rig laying cross the street. Now u can simply shift into the cars naturally coming along the street and drive through under the rig. You can even use Pick Ups and SUVs...if you are fast enough they will lift the rig, pass through under it and it counts for the dare.

I always meant to try that, but I didn't know if a wrecked vehicle would disappear. Thank you very much for your tip!

Little tip with the handbrake, you can use boost and it counts, so drive full steam then use handbrake and press forward to boost.

Very, very nice find!

Smash x Objects In x Seconds

As the timer doesn't start until you smash your first object, Shift to the freeway. Down the centre of the freeway is a divider, that finishes to reveal a load of red poles. Go back to Shift and drag your cursor down the freeway looking for the longest line of poles. Shift into a car and start knocking all of these down. Try to hit the barrels at the beginning and end, as they normally equal about 6 objects. Once you've smashed them all quickly shift further down the freeway to the next line of poles and repeat the process.

Ok - this worked really good! Thanks!

Started at Lighthouse Bay (there is a garage right there).

Edit: Since I already got a PM asking me where Russian Hill is:

It's right between your Downtown and Fisherman's Wharf garage.

I did this on the street (going from east to the west) south to the "Tanner's Free Day" challenge.

Another way to find it: 2 streets south from Lombard street.

You can use the street north of "Tanner's Free Day" as well - higher, but fewer jumps.

Edited by red_hammer

Edit: Since I already got a PM asking me where Russian Hill is:

It's right between your Downtown and Fisherman's Wharf garage.

I did this on the street (going from east to the west) south to the "Tanner's Free Day" challenge.

Another way to find it: 2 streets south from Lombard street

Added to the guide, thank you very much. Also, I'm glad my tips are helping, it was a bit of a pain finding the easiest places for these Dares.

Another handbrake tip. If you get in a big truck like a fire engine or a bus and drive toward a muddy off-road downward incline and hold the handbrake, you'll be able to slowly glide down the path, racking up the required stop distance and not worrying about stopping short until you hit both brakes. Because trucks are big and heavy, it also makes them far easier to control when holding down the handbrake, and because their overall build is much more shoddy than say a supercar, the handbrake is next to useless and lets you really stetch out that stop distance. Using a bus to get the 200m stop distance was far easier than trying to use a Ford GT at full speed.

Hi

I found an awesome place for the smash 200 bojects in 60 seconds,

its on the free way: on the top island, at the far left, just where the freeway goes under the bridge... to the right of here is a MASSIVE stretch of red bollards..... more then 250 i think..... just grab a fast car and get going

=]

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I'm struggling with earn xWP in x seconds though, any tips for this? What's the quickest way to rack up WP?

Doing jumps helps rack up WP very quickly. When I play the game later tonight, I'll find the street that I used for these challenges. :)

need help with the drift 200m one if anyone knows :S

The dirt road (brown road on the map) directly above the Midtown Garage is a good place to get a 250m drift.

A good car to use is the McLaren F1 which costs 750,000 WP.

Take it to the big curve and start your drift with B. Feather the Right Trigger and work your way around the corner. You may turn completely sideways towards the end but keep the drift going, as the game is a little weird with drifting. You could be looking at about 30m worth of sideways drifting.

I'm struggling with earn xWP in x seconds though, any tips for this? What's the quickest way to rack up WP?

The street is Russian Hill. You can find it just to the right of Adrenaline Activity 1. Which is just below the road that you unlock Lombard Streak.

Use a fast car and fly down these hills, then race back up them to earn loads of WP.

Pick a long straight road and pick a fast car like the Murcielago. Drive into oncoming traffic and rack up multiple "Near Miss" bonuses, which are about 10 a pop. If you can keep a chain of Near Misses going, it won't actually register the WP until you break the chain. What i did was keep the chain going until i was near the required amount and then just pull over for the WP to register and then finish up getting the rest using drifts and more near misses.

So for example you keep driving close to oncoming vehicles and your Near Miss multiplyer gets to around 700 and you stop or crash, you earn that 700 WP and then the timer starts, you only need 300 WP to get the required 1,000 WP and you have the full minute or whatever to earn it. If you mess up with the near miss chain, just restart the dare.

200 objects in 60 seconds:

Shift into a big rig on the south island highway, at the bend before the bridge. Here you will find over 200 road cones from the bend, over the bridge and even a little after. Only problem is you're inbetween two roads which is why I suggest using a big rig as it doesn't get slowed down as much as a car if you crash.

Don't think I saw my tip in another post, sorry if it is, I was speed reading.

Good luck!