Demolition Man - Boost-Free in 5 Hours

I legitimately got the Demolition Man achievement last night without boosting, in only 5 hours. Upon reaching rank 20, I only had TWO Demolition 2.0 kills. So just "playing until I get it" was clearly not an option. But I wasn't too interested in the hassle of trying to boost the achievement either. So I did a lot of reading on forums, watched YouTube videos, etc. to try to come up with a decent strategy for knocking it out. Read on for how I did it.

What to Do:

• Carry C4: I know people have had success with mortar strikes, but if I am in a building and I hear mortars, I'm on high alert to jump out of the building if necessary. Stick to C4.
  • Play on Rush: This should be a given, but the buildings housing the crates are player magnets. This gives you an easy target.
  • Be on Defense: Sneaking up to an objective building with C4 can be easier said than done.
  • Locate Crates on 2nd Floors: You want to locate a crate that is on the 2nd floor of a building. This enables you to place C4 on the first floor, preventing the blast from killing the enemies. If you trigger the C4 the moment the enemy arms a crate, he'll have a hard time finding an exit in time since he isn't on ground level. I had the absolute best luck with Objective Bravo on the first area of the Nelson Bay map, but there are others that would work just as well.

The Downsides:

• You will end up destroying your team's objectives.
  • Due to above, your team will hate you.
  • It's boring. I could've done this in 3 hours but kept getting distracted, hunting down snipers, etc.

I felt like quite a tool continually blowing up my own team's crates, but DICE should have thought that through before creating such a ridiculous achievement. Requiring FIVE Demolition 2.0 kills would have been far more reasonable.

I hope this post helps you! If it does, please let me know. Good luck! :)

C4 Placement Diagram:

rb0y88dlyn.jpg

Note: I did use the Improved Demolitions specialization.

Edited by AngelArmed
Added comment regarding Improved Demolitions specialization.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you provide tips on placement of the C4 and perhaps which maps you found to be especially good?

Every time I try I put it on the interior walls. I usually toss an ammo box down and place 4-5 charges on the 4-5 walls. It doesn't always take it down. Should we avoid walls near stairs and near the fire places?

I agree, 5 woul be hard enough to have provided us with an achievable achievement without having to smash our own M-Coms.

i have tried C4 and all i get are C4 kills not Demo 2.0....with mortar strikes i am actually getting the odd demo 2.0 kill now and then

Rush is one of the worse game modes ever i absolutely can't stand it,its certainly no fun trying to go for this achievement while doing that game mode,you even try to get close with C4 in your hand and you never make it

i will stick to Conquest and Mortars thanks

I got this pretty easy to. i just used the assult class and put on a shot gun so i had C4s then i put on the perk thing that lets you carry double the explosives and put the other perk that gives you more explosive power. good thing is you can just put an ammo pack and refil on C4s aswell.:uzi:

man u are the best there is the best the was :p mean it works like a peach done it in 30mins not all 20 no i had like 9 left one set of C4 BOOM 10 dead And it pop up

Happy to help! :woop:

Can you provide tips on placement of the C4 and perhaps which maps you found to be especially good?

Every time I try I put it on the interior walls. I usually toss an ammo box down and place 4-5 charges on the 4-5 walls. It doesn't always take it down. Should we avoid walls near stairs and near the fire places?

I agree, 5 woul be hard enough to have provided us with an achievable achievement without having to smash our own M-Coms.

I always played a recon class carrying 6 C4 charges, and that was all I needed. Place all charges on the outside, one very near each corner of the building. If you place C4 directly on some corners, I've seen them go off and not even make a dent. Place the remaining two in the middle of two opposite walls. If the building is a rectangle and not a square, such as the first Objective Bravo on Nelson Bay, place the last two on the longer walls.

Here's a simple layout of how I'd place C4 on a rectangular building. Pardon the crap quality. Sneaking this in at work!

rb0y88dlyn.jpg

As far as maps, I had such luck with Nelson Bay that I stuck with that map. Do a quick match on Rush / Nelson Bay. If you don't get placed into a relatively new match on the defending team, drop out and search for another match. If you don't want to deal with this, just keep in mind that you're looking for small, multi-level buildings that can be dropped. Even if the crate is on the 1st floor, many people will arm the charge and then run upstairs to defend from there.

i have tried C4 and all i get are C4 kills not Demo 2.0....with mortar strikes i am actually getting the odd demo 2.0 kill now and then

Rush is one of the worse game modes ever i absolutely can't stand it,its certainly no fun trying to go for this achievement while doing that game mode,you even try to get close with C4 in your hand and you never make it

i will stick to Conquest and Mortars thanks

If you'd read my post carefully, you'd notice that I explained how to both avoid killing enemies with the C4 blast as well as how to safely plant the C4 charges without getting killed. You're certainly welcome to keep hoping for lucky mortar strike kills, but for someone who's more interested in checking the achievement off their list quickly, I'm pretty sure my method will work better.

You're certainly welcome to keep hoping for lucky mortar strike kills, but for someone who's more interested in checking the achievement off their list quickly, I'm pretty sure my method will work better.

this is true! 1 kill with my 1st try with c4's but i was motar striking a house for a few tries and just trying my 3rd bombing when my team mate beats me to it and gets 4kills! was not impresssed!

If you'd read my post carefully, you'd notice that I explained how to both avoid killing enemies with the C4 blast as well as how to safely plant the C4 charges without getting killed. You're certainly welcome to keep hoping for lucky mortar strike kills, but for someone who's more interested in checking the achievement off their list quickly, I'm pretty sure my method will work better.

Thanks...I used the C4 method in the campaign just messing around but my 5 or 6 kills have come from mortar strike or tanks...and you are right most people flee. I will start giving this a shot.

Something else to try guys its how i got mine,

You'll need the granade vest for this one and use the assult class, go onto the map ''white pass'' theres about 5 - 6 houses on there, do this on squad deathmatch and play until u see someone go into a house or u see them in the window,

Then go into the house and put your ammo box down stay near the box and just granade the walls untill the building starts to shake and your dude says to get out of there, u can get anything from 1 - 4+ demo kills depending on whos in there (sometimes a full squad camps in one house).

Using this i got 2 demo triple kills in one game, altho took me awhile as sometime noone stays in houses, but i found this the best way :D

If your lucky you can get this in about 2 -3 games

Also quit out at the start of the next match and re search for white pass, always a new game going :D

Hope this helps

I legitimately got the Demolition Man achievement last night without boosting, in only 5 hours. Upon reaching rank 20, I only had TWO Demolition 2.0 kills. So just "playing until I get it" was clearly not an option. But I wasn't too interested in the hassle of trying to boost the achievement either. So I did a lot of reading on forums, watched YouTube videos, etc. to try to come up with a decent strategy for knocking it out. Read on for how I did it.

What to Do:

• Carry C4: I know people have had success with mortar strikes, but if I am in a building and I hear mortars, I'm on high alert to jump out of the building if necessary. Stick to C4.
  • Play on Rush: This should be a given, but the buildings housing the crates are player magnets. This gives you an easy target.
  • Be on Defense: Sneaking up to an objective building with C4 can be easier said than done.
  • Locate Crates on 2nd Floors: You want to locate a crate that is on the 2nd floor of a building. This enables you to place C4 on the first floor, preventing the blast from killing the enemies. If you trigger the C4 the moment the enemy arms a crate, he'll have a hard time finding an exit in time since he isn't on ground level. I had the absolute best luck with Objective Bravo on the first area of the Nelson Bay map, but there are others that would work just as well.

The Downsides:

• You will end up destroying your team's objectives.
  • Due to above, your team will hate you.
  • It's boring. I could've done this in 3 hours but kept getting distracted, hunting down snipers, etc.

I felt like quite a tool continually blowing up my own team's crates, but DICE should have thought that through before creating such a ridiculous achievement. Requiring FIVE Demolition 2.0 kills would have been far more reasonable.

I hope the above helps you! If it does, please let me know. Good luck! :)

Great advice and totally agree that developers need to consider more carefully how dick-headed they're being before adding 'clever' achievements like this.

well i tried it again,like you said i planted C4 everywhere when the box was upstairs but the other side(attackers) just throw in grenades,which in turn sets of my C4 and that brings the house down and that kills whoever is on my team inside and that also destroys the box i was meant to be protecting

got 5 today from Conquest,so hopefully it wont be long now