Time Trials Are A Joke

scarfaces80

i loved the game even speed run is ok but time trials are so annoying and no fun the amount of times i almost threw my controller because i dident do a jump right and die or lose alot of time is a joke.

Anyone else find this annoying part of game?

(why cant they just make achievements fun to get gradually through the game and just make it fun and not so damn annoying like so many other games have done.):mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I am doing the Time Trials right now and Atrium One just drove me to the point where I wanted to break the disc.

Luckily I just paused the game and thought I would check the forums for some new posts, low and behold I see this thread staring back at me...

And to answer your question, yes I do find them extremely annoying.

I had fun with the time trials. The only one that I really had issues with was Playground 3. I would be doing great on it and it would seem I would screw it up at different spots each time preventing me from getting 2 stars. Downloading the top ghosts helped me a lot on all the time trials. They helped me think of ways I would never have thought of.

• 1 month later...

Time Trials are annoying, Speed Runs are worse. With TT's, it's at most 2 minutes of the course you have to do, albeit virtually flawlessly if you plan on getting 3 stars. With Speed Runs, even though you can make some small mistakes, it's still up to 11 minutes of a route, and if you mess up near the end (or even in the middle), that could be several minutes wasted. Jacknife is killing me at the moment. :(

To be honest I loved them. And the speed runs. I mean I put hours and hours into completing just a few time trials to 3 stars and none of it was boring. It was hard but not frustrating because I knew it was do-able. The amount of gameplay for the time trials and speed runs for this game for me is well into the 20 hours and I enjoyed every moment.

Time Trials are annoying, Speed Runs are worse. With TT's, it's at most 2 minutes of the course you have to do, albeit virtually flawlessly if you plan on getting 3 stars. With Speed Runs, even though you can make some small mistakes, it's still up to 11 minutes of a route, and if you mess up near the end (or even in the middle), that could be several minutes wasted. Jacknife is killing me at the moment. :(

Oh god Jacknife if just ridiculous! I spent a good 2 and a half to three hours on it and my best was 11:57. Then again when I made a mistake that would throw me far back I would restart, just to make sure I get under the par.

And to be on topic the damned TTs are horrible. I can't even do playground 1 fast. I got the fast time on that course and it seems to me jumping helps. Doubtful but it looks like it

Time trials weren't that bad, and it gives a feeling of accomplishment to finish them. But the speed runs were awful. I'm surprised you prefer the speed runs to the time trials, since they take so much more patience and level memorization. Jacknife nearly caused me to stop playing the game.

Jacknife took me well over six hours to complete. In that time, I only completed it maybe five times, because I would restart if I made more than two mistakes.

None of the other speed runs, including Shard, took me as long to complete.

The Time Trials, while frustrating, were much more doable. I don't think it took me more than an hour or two to get three stars on each map (on all but six, which I got two stars).

You know, honestly I went back and tried to do the TTs with someone that barely made 3 stars, and its really hard to follow it at times for me, I don't know why. I find it much easier to find a run on youtube personally... Same with the speed runs, theres a lot that I didn't realize was possible which makes the runs easier.

Well, except for Jacknife...

I'm not trying to be an ass so don't get me wrong but this game takes a lot more skill and dedication than a game where all you do is " point and shoot ". Timing and practice are the main things to focus on in time trials. Personally, if time trials weren't as challenging as they are I wouldn't have done them. The speed runs are annoying as well, but just like the time trials they can be done. As far as this being a completionists nightmare because of the new DLC, don't complete it if you find it too hard or annoying. I only need 5 more achievements for the game...4 being chapter speed runs and beating it on hard. I'm also proud to say that on the DLC map Kinetic, I'm/atleast was 5th on the leaderboards. I am by no means bragging, ok maybe a little lol, but seeing my name up on the top 10 of the leaderboards for once was a product of dedication and will. It's not impossible to do if you have patience, dedication and maybe a little bit of luck. Best game I have played in a long time.

Yep. Awesome game but lame how they made a ridiculously short story and then just filled up the game with time trials and speedruns.. I dont think the game is worth the money because of that. If you're into time trials and not much more, I guess it's a good buy. Frankly I'd rather buy a racing game for that.

Definitely a good rental though, the story is lots of fun but unfortunately you can beat it in like 3.5 hours, and it's not hard in the slightest way. I beat it on hard without dying the whole game. That's kinda sad.. lol. And I remember dying on easy when I first played! I guess I just didnt know the moves yet :p

Anyways, still loved the game overall.

Edited by banana blunts

• 2 weeks later...

Time Trials were rough, but not too bad in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend downloading ghosts and following them, because most of the time I would get too far behind them to see and it was just pointless. Had better luck watching trials on youtube and taking their route where you can pause and rewind as you like. There are a couple guys on there that have uploaded videos for 3 stars on every trial. What made them easier is that you only have to get 3 stars on a few and the rest you can just 2star.

Also, DLC really pissed me off when it came out because I will never have 100% now. 3 stars on EVERY Trial? That's a joke.