Top 5 Achievement Types You Hate!!!

Bart Flyer

God I love achievements, but what pisses me off are these type of achievements in a game!!!!:mad:

5)Time achievements

You gotta complete a level on a specific time like beat mission 5 under 5 minutes for (achievement name) but in the game you could just play it slow

I hate these, cause I not a speedrunner in a game

(Yes, only 10 seconds left to spare in the achievement and I'm almost done, and finally I'll get (Achievement Name), oh no, no, ACTHOOOO, (falls of a cliff) NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO!!!

4)Infection Achievements

Must play with someone who has this achievment or play with a developer, REALLY!!!

Must online everyday to find the achievment!!!

3)Collecting achievements

Find all 500 Light orbs, really :mad: I'm not a F******g bunny, this is not an easter egg hunt

2)Watch the credits

Simple but boring, watch the whole credits

I DON'T CARE WHO MADE THIS GAME!!!!

(Drum roll please)

1)Play on this difficulty

Play on easy, play on normal, play on hard, play on expert, play on hardcore, play on brutal play on.......SHUT UP!!!

So whats your 5 hated achievement types

Fantabulous:drunk

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) play with creator/person who has this achievement

These achievements are just dumb. I really see no point in them at all.

4) collection

most of the time I don't mind doing them if I have nothing else to do that day, but to get nothing out of collecting besides a measly 10 or 20 gamerscore, makes it seem rather pointless to me. Give us something we cause us in the game...

3)play on a specific day with specific that and this

really? really??? I don't know... I got one on Halo 3, like 7 on 7 or something like that. When it popped, I wasn't expecting it and got excited. Turns out it wasn't worth anything...at all. I got 0 gamerscore. Which leads me to my next entry...

2)achievements with no gamerscore

What is the point in implementing achievements in a game and making them worth no points. Do we get something else out of unlocking them?? How can they be worth nothing?!?!?!?!?

1) online multiplayer ranks

I hate playing most games online. I've learned to accept that I will never get the majority of these achievements.

1. Unlockable Achievements - why can't they just patch the game?

2. Glitched Achievements - e.g. kill 200 of something when in reality you can kill anything from 50 to 1000, it just unlocks when it wants!

3. 0g Achievements - Really don't see the point.

4. Difficulty Achievements (which aren't stacked) - If I complete the game on the hardest difficulty why should I have to replay on easy?

5. Long Term Achievements for Non Long Term Games - e.g. getting to the highest rank on F.E.A.R. 2 multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it something like 150+ hours of play even if boosting the whole way? That's ridiculous.

1. Glitched achievements - for obvious reasons

2. Multiplayer achievements, especially ranked ones, or play x-gazillion matches

3. Non-achievement achievements: is pushing start in the Simpsons really noteworthy? PUT SOME EFFORT IN DEVS!

4. Non-stackable difficulty achievements. You don't want to play every game multiple times.

5. Achievements like those viral ones, or play in a race day, or on a specific date.

On a seperate note, I personally love collectibles and collectible achievements!

1. Any sort of achievemnt that takes FOREVER to get. Yeh I am looking at you Veteran Gear! What the fuck?? It takes what 40 days to get that achievement legit??? It's ridiculous!

2. Colectibles are generally annoying especially if you dont know what ones youve missed and if there's no point to them. I don't mind so much iof they are like the ones in Gears 2 or ODST in that there is actually some point other than the achievement but can still be irritating.

3. Again the non-stackable difficulty achievements involves playing through too much.

4. Ranked online multiplayer - I don't mind the "get this level online" ones but I don't like anything too specific. Halo 3 is the worst for me like "laser a banshee in a ranked match" well if i do it social whats the difference?? I guess this depends on how much I like/suck at the multiplayer though.

5. anything that i'm gonna get glitched out of.

generally not to fused about achievements i,e collect this, kill that, do this before the clock runs out can be fun, what i really really dont like are the viral's, Beat a dev or programer or some one who has, thats just ego mania.But the candidate surely for worst ever ever and will never be a worse achievement is the fight night 4 online title belts.

1) Collecting. I refuse to do those in Prototype. Especially when I have one last collectible that I cannot find to save my life.

2) Time achievements. I'm not fast. I like to take my time.

3) Win x amount of ranked matches. I suck at video games =P I'd never get these.

4) Score achievements (Like in Guitar Hero; get (amount of score) in (really difficult song.))

5) This is the hardest fucking achievement in the game, maybe the world!!! But you get 1 point or even nothing!

Fuck you, Bulletwitch! This achievement is exactly why I quit playing that game in the first place, and there are others out there like this. One achievement, one damn point...Or hell, maybe nothing at all! And you need it because you're OCD like that and want that TRUE 100% completion rating...

4) Secret Achievement.

...Really? Unless it has something to do with the story and the description or title will give something important away, there is no need to have it be a secret. If Victoria can't keep it a secret, then I'm pretty damn sure pressing start for 20 points won't be much of a secret for very long either.

3) Viral achievements.

"Oh hai! I needs achievement! I can has?" "No you can't! I haven't played it in two years! I don't own it anymore! Leave me ass alone!!!" The next day: 50+ messages begging for it. On a social level, this achievement fails.

2) Collect "x" amount of items.

Why the fuck is there even a flag in a cart full of hay, or a trading card on top of a mountain you somehow have to drive off a ledge and hope like hell you'll reach it. It's

1) Any on-line achievements that require more then 2 people (including yourself) to obtain.

Seriously, Blacksite, need 4 to even PLAY it, let alone get the achievements. I have 1 left and I've tried to get it now for 2 years!!!

1. Collection of things.

I hate these because they are such a pain in the ass and I never remember which ones I have collected even though I checked them off.

2. Online Achievements.

These are just plain annoying if you try get them legit, otherwise if you boost they can be kind of easy.

3. Time.

Timed achievements like completing a certian level in a certian amount of time are just annoying! I like to rush games but not super fast.

4. Viral/Infections.

Who cares who else has an achievement and also who cares about playing with people who made the game? If I wanted to talk to them I could send them an email!

5. Hardest Difficulty ones.

Not everyone can run around in CoD4 and not get killed within 5 seconds on vetran, these really piss me off!

5.) Do ___ on (insert real life date/time) - You should be able to get anything at any time, not on a specific date.

4.) Play for __ hours achievements - Plain stupid. End of.

3.) Big pointer Online max rank achievements - e.g Red Faction's. I like online rank achievements but they often have too many points devoted to them and imo the ones for the stupid high ranks should be worth 0G and be for just showing off.

2.) Big pointer difficulty achievements - some games have like 40% of points allocated to 'complete the story on ___ setting' and they usually award more points for each difficulty but imo there should be a joint one for easy/normal and another for a hard difficulty. Games with 4+ are stupid, especially when the highest dif gets massive points.

1.) Online leaderboard related - some games make you have to finish in a certain place on leaderboards and essentially rulle out you getting the achievement unless you are stupidly good at the game. Fortunately I've only seen this a few times.

Dishonourable mention: Games with numerous collectible achievements. I don't mind one or two, but too many games have ridiculous amounts of collectibles.

[/rant]

How about those achievements that require you to "Get all other achievements".

Honestly how uncreative is that!

The thing about it is, if I can't unlock one achievement in a particular game, it actually means I can't unlock 2! Which is usually a significant amount of gamer score.

Very aggravating.

generally not to fused about achievements i,e collect this, kill that, do this before the clock runs out can be fun, what i really really dont like are the viral's, Beat a dev or programer or some one who has, thats just ego mania.But the candidate surely for worst ever ever and will never be a worse achievement is the fight night 4 online title belts.

yup thats EA for ya...thats why I wont touch that game, If at all the belt achievements should have been 0 point achievements, and gave you a unique gamer picture or something. I heard that people who hold the belts online are charging microsoft points to lose them on purpose...sad really. Thanks EA you lost another customer!

I've only played 14 games since I started playing Xbox 360 in Januray, but I've definitely found a good deal of achievements I hate.

5. Find every single one of some tiny out-of-the-way thing. For example, finding and killing 333 antlion grubs in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. A lot of them are in places you wouldn't ever think to look, even if you're really trying to look everywhere. And a lot of them become unobtainable at certain points.

4. Time trial/speedrun achievements. 1/3 of Aperture Science in Portal is speed runs, and those last 3 maps were a PAIN. Also, I suppose you could say getting all the Jiggies in BK: Nuts & Bolts would be this, since a lot of Jiggies and trophies (for more Jiggies) depend on getting fast times.

3. Luck-based achievements: Hexic HD is sorta luck based. I know you can see what moves will cause matches if you pay attention, but you have no control over what falls to fill the holes. Maybe the new pieces will cause more matches and ruin the grid you're making, or maybe a bomb will fall where there's no way to clear it in time. Either way, you're boned, and all that work you put towards getting Grand Pearl Poo-Bah was for naught this time.

2. Xbox Live multiplayer achievements. Two reasons - First, depending on the achievement, these often depend on having competent allies or incompetent rivals when not boosting. Everyone in Soul Calibur 4, for example, had spent so much time perfecting combos or customizing an Astaroth that will kill you in 2 hits, that someone like me had no chance. Good thing I found someone to boost with, or I'd never get finish this game. Second, you have to pay for a Gold membership to play online in the first place.

1. Glitched achievements! Goddammit, develeopers, make sure stuff works before you put a game out! We're still waiting on a patch for Ghostbusters!

Edited by Agent CH

yup thats EA for ya...thats why I wont touch that game, If at all the belt achievements should have been 0 point achievements, and gave you a unique gamer picture or something. I heard that people who hold the belts online are charging microsoft points to lose them on purpose...sad really. Thanks EA you lost another customer!

from what ive read on here mate the title holders were charging upto 4200mp for a shot at the belts and then leaving the matches when they were losing, therefore keeping the belts and the poor suckers 4200mp too. how the hell did ea think these chevos would be a good idea ?

from what ive read on here mate the title holders were charging upto 4200mp for a shot at the belts and then leaving the matches when they were losing, therefore keeping the belts and the poor suckers 4200mp too. how the hell did ea think these chevos would be a good idea ?

Yeah, I challenged the Top belt holder for the Heavyweight one and just asked for a legit shot at the title and he said for 5,000 mp lol. I didn't even want him to drop the belt (woulda been nice) I just wanted a shot...I of course told him to go fuck himself. I think someone on here had one of the belts but yeah, that is a lame achievement.

1. Multiplayer Cheevs

2. Time Cheevs

3. Cheevs where you have to do this do that spin around 500 times and do cartwheels

4. DLC Cheevs i want to buy a complete game and not spend another £30 or so quid on more of the game that i should of got in the first place

5. Pointless Cheevs like ohh youve put the game in your console heres 5g

1. Achievements worth 0G, dont see the real worth of having achievements if it counts for nothing lol.

2. Online achievements - I hate that most games have to involve online play to get 1000.

3. Go through the game without dying achievements are almost impossible for me lol games like FEAR have them.

4. Any achievement that requires hours of persistence just to unlock.

5. Going through story modes without upgrading, FEAR has that also.