TRIAD XP/Level 10 Help ?

Frozen x360a

A random question that perhaps somebody can answer.

I'm finished with the story, and sitting at roughly 9.4 Triad. If I buy the DLC pack, will the achievement just pop? Will I need to replay a mission? Will it disable the achievement?

If anybody can clarify before I go and dump a few MSP, that'd be great.

If not, I'll probably try it out anyways (after I finish off the rest of the achievements, which'll be at least a few days....)

A random question that perhaps somebody can answer.

I'm finished with the story, and sitting at roughly 9.4 Triad. If I buy the DLC pack, will the achievement just pop? Will I need to replay a mission? Will it disable the achievement?

If anybody can clarify before I go and dump a few MSP, that'd be great.

If not, I'll probably try it out anyways (after I finish off the rest of the achievements, which'll be at least a few days....)

Well, I started the game a few days ago and I bought the Gold pack on the marketplace 2 or 3 hours after. My rank went instantly from 1 to 5 (shame on me :o) and I unlocked the 2 corresponding achievements (reach Face level 2 and 5).

It doesn't disable any achievement, and I don't think you'll have to replay any mission.

Cheers mate ;)

• 3 months later...

I replayed missions for over 2 hours and I'm like maaaybe 250 points away from level 10. I think I'm going to say **** it and buy the stupid silver pack and get my 1000 (this is my last achievement).

EDIT: I got the 160 MSP pack, when I started my game my achievement popped (thank God!) and gave the XP. If you're stuck at level 9 just do this if possible, it would of saved me easily over 3 hours of my life.

If anyone cares it took me 40 hours to get to 1000 points, and 5-6 hours of that is grinding damn stats and the Triad XP. The wreckless driver, gambling, disarms, vault attacks, Rogue Cop and others were a real b**** to grind out.

Edited by immortality20

I replayed missions for over 2 hours and I'm like maaaybe 250 points away from level 10. I think I'm going to say **** it and buy the stupid silver pack and get my 1000 (this is my last achievement).

EDIT: I got the 160 MSP pack, when I started my game my achievement popped (thank God!) and gave the XP. If you're stuck at level 9 just do this if possible, it would of saved me easily over 3 hours of my life.

If anyone cares it took me 40 hours to get to 1000 points, and 5-6 hours of that is grinding damn stats and the Triad XP. The wreckless driver, gambling, disarms, vault attacks, Rogue Cop and others were a real b**** to grind out.

There's really no need to buy anything extra. Just replay missions that are melee combat centric, such as the second or so mission where you have to take out the guy on the roof of the night market area. For every enemy just do a legbreak then a dim-mak when they try to attack you. With the heavy enemies you can do this then when they get up from the dim-mak, grapple them and do an environmental kill. This will net you roughly 80-100 points a kill, which makes a really big difference. In one mission I had ~1,300 triad points but when I took this approach it rose to ~2,000.

Once you get the hang of this approach it should take no more than four replays of different melee-centric missions to hit level 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting Triad Level 10 is one of the harder things to do in the game. Replaying missions that are combat-centric with the Dim Mak upgrade helps a lot, also helping a lot is the Mountain Master Triad Set (clothing), which confers a +15% Triad XP. If it were not for that clothing set, which I believe is found through Lockboxes, I would still be grinding out my Level 10 Triad right now.

I really couldn't be bothered with all the replaying, I suffer from chronic lazyitus, so I just bought the cheaper face thing from the marketplace. Was 160 points, and the achievement popped instantly when I got back into the game. I'm not usually a fan of pay to win, but for such a tiny amount against the stress of replaying missions over and over, I plain couldn't be arsed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It shouldn't be too hard to get Triad level 10. I got to 9 3/4 level when I beat the game. I just replayed Night Market Chase, and kept doing heavy attacks and using Dim Mak. I didn't even have all 3 triangles on all missions. I mostly had 2 1/2 triangles. Also, for those who are struggling with Cop Level 10, Drug Busts after you beat the game help once you catch the drug dealer using your cameras.:locked