How HARD really is FUBAR?

JMNELSON

Beat Suicide in around 5 hours. I returned it back to gamefly because I didn't want to go through on FUBAR. I really didn't have any trouble beating it on suicide until I got to Save Goul/Let him die. After that, parts were slightly challenging, but not impossible. Chapters 10 - 14 certainly were challenging.

So, is FUBAR extremely difficult? Should I re - rent it for my 1000G?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so hard!Here is one "super cool pro" who said its only a 3/10 , but dont listen to him lol.

Its really really hard , suicide is nothing compared to this.

its like the ps3 trophies side said , its like a 6,5-7/10 .

Good luck on chapter 13 ...you will need this lol.

Challenging, but pretty fun on FUBAR IMO. I just beat it one sitting. Smooth sailing until chapters 13&14, which were a bit frustrating. But theres youtube videos to help out with those.

I actually think my FUBAR run was easier overall, as I did it straight after my Suicide run, thus I had all the enemy placements, grenade stashes etc. fresh in my mind. Some choke points from my first play, I just waltzed right through without dying once on FUBAR. Happened several times.

Nowhere near as hard as some are saying, but I do tend to find third person shooter easier then the average gamer. Bionic Commando was harder on Commando difficulty,

and this game has NOTHING on CoD2 & 4 on Veteran. Those games had choke points where I would get stuck on one checkpoint for 6+ hours.

Edited by Sceneman

Just finished FUBAR and mabye the guy above went lucky and def had a field day getting thru on one go, lets not forget there different gamers out there,the average ones and the top ones that breaze thru most difficult games realy easy.

I know there might be harder games out there, but FUBAR def has its moments, the things i noticed i will explain:

The first and most notable thing was how downgraded the team IA gets on FUBAR compared to suicide mission, where they hardly go down and well, not expose them so much, on FUBAR they sometimes run straight into the enemies fire and get downed giving you a very hard time to revive them. Thats the thing that frustrated me the most thru my playthu.

The cover system! Yes thats something that seems to work totaly fine when you don,t need it but in the think of bullets flying your way it seems when you realy need it Walker just stays right in front of the cover after a sprint and not even think in snapping into cover, realy annoying.

Other then that if they fixed the team IA and the cover system a bit more it would be alot better.

As mentioned in other treads making good use of the circular aiming and making sure your lined it up in the middle then its very easy to quikly snap out of cover and get a few hits off without exposing yourself to much and get headshots easier.

As a end verdict i def had alot of frustrating moments even points where i just wanted to give up realy, but i,m sure there harder games out there, in this game its more about sticking thru the chapters and making it from one checkpoint to another, plus abit of luck aswell. Good luck to all that going thru FUBAR now or later :)

FUBAR is pretty hard, i will try to complete it later but whatever

It is!! But its possible :) I,m def just an average gamer at best, and at points i wanted just to break something mainly because i just didn,t get to the next checkpoint because i went careless or my teamates doing something stupid.

To be honest i had more trouble getting thru some other parts then, those mentioned by others, and that would be chapter 13 & 14, on those i almost past thru very easy even it cost me a few retries at the start of chapter 14 mainly because you only have a dessert eagle pistol and your alone. Just holding back is key here and don,t rush! The part that gave me a headage on suicide mission where you have to get to a boat and a heavy and his little friends show up followed by a bayonet killer i actualy passed thru without dying once on FUBAR, so all i know its probly best played right away after you finished the game on suicide so you know all the spots and covers you can use and also know where to expect hard resistance. Thank god Yager not added a single time based mission that def would had ruined my day lol!

Good Luck :)

I didn't even try it and give my code away. I suck on easy!

Haha :p I know what you mean, i always say as an excusse i,m an older gamers (45) and my reaction timer isn,t that fast anymore, no joke i def notice i not react as fast anymore def obvious in MP where kids around 14 to 18 having a field day when i,m in haha.

But to inform you that code you gave away was the FUBAR Pack and that was for multiplayer only anyways and have nothing to do with the same named difficulty in spec-ops.

I start playing on suicide mission right away and after having a "less then pleasant bumpy ride" on that, i realy was thinking to trade in the game, but once i start playing FUBAR just to give it a go, as frustrating and at times realy annoying it was i was determite to stick thru it even i wanted to just break the gamedisk into so many times.

But well its easy to say i,m not a big fan of those "play thru hard difficulty to unlock very hard difficulty" games, i rather had seen they unlocked that right away, and not force ppl to play thru a game twice. Last but not least its def so that on FUBAR your teamates IA is going downhill and they start doing things what they never have done on easy or suicide mission. Easy to say it seems Yager did something to the team IA and upgraded the enemies IA, not realy fair.

I've always had slow reactions, even when I started playing games 35 years ago. As for the code, I've neveR been a fan of MP, so no loss to me there. Co-op is what I like...that is until I went Silver over a month ago and don't plan on getting Gold again.

TBH...I wish I played well enough to beat games on the hardest difficulty, without making my blood pressure skyrocket and scream and yell at the TV. But that's not going to happen. I know where my "skill" level stops and that's on EASY!

I've always had slow reactions, even when I started playing games 35 years ago. As for the code, I've neveR been a fan of MP, so no loss to me there. Co-op is what I like...that is until I went Silver over a month ago and don't plan on getting Gold again.

TBH...I wish I played well enough to beat games on the hardest difficulty, without making my blood pressure skyrocket and scream and yell at the TV. But that's not going to happen. I know where my "skill" level stops and that's on EASY!

Yeah i know what you mean :) I def had moments on FUBAR i start asking myself why i,m doing this to myself as i start yelling and cursing at some points and the good neighbours probly start thinking, "That guy lost his mind!!" LOL ;P

I sometimes skipp harder difficulties aswell and just try to enjoy the game and if included the story.

And as for MP on Spec-Ops I honest can say (and this is my own oppinion) Its pretty poo realy, i expected abit more like Army Of Two MP back then but its graphics are horrible then movement and gunplaywise its far below everything i played. So i can say you not miss anything.

As for Silver Membership, its easy said if your not a real on-line player or want to party chat with your friends or go and play MP, silver is more then enough realy. You still be able to send regular txt messages to friends, but you can,t play on-line with friends.

And your right, if you know you just start yelling and cursing at your TV all the time its no fun either, then rather stick thru with an easier diff level :) And yes i did notice neighbours look at me different now :p haha oh boy!!

FOUR HOURS!?! I've been stuck in the parking garage on chapter 10 for almost that long lol. I'm not calling you a liar, but if you beat it in 4 hours you must be superhuman.

the car park is a bit frustration if you go left there is a light machine gun near cover

I agree with both above, there some hard bits in this game. I mention it before its a mix if go on and keep trying and trying different ways. As most said chapter 13 and 14 seems to give most ppl troubles. For myself the heli part was annoying when u suppose to run away, then the Mall part where you and your team get seperated and you face that juggernaught all by yourself, then chapter 14 and 15. It was a tough one but glad i sticked thru it and got it in the end very rewarding somehow :)

Took me 4hours 20mins according to my save file. Did it after I finished suicide mission, so I was familiar with the level layout etc.

I didn't find it super difficult, but there was some AI BS that was frustrating (including stupid teammates!). The main challenge that I noticed was how fast you can die, so just gotta be patient and pop up from cover at the right times, and aim for the head! Also, make sure you always keep a SAW (or AA-12 later) on you, makes heavies a piece of cake.

Good luck! :)