This game keeps freezing

HGONZ

I am currently doing Chapter 4 on Mentor mode, and it keeps freezing on me before I fight that goofy big ogre mid boss. This did not happen during my Warrior mode play-through. I had the disc cleaned, I installed it to the hard drive. I cleared the cache from the system preferences menu and did not update the game as per some instructions from 2008, and it still did it to me. I went and bought another copy of the game and it freezes at the same exact spot. I am out of ideas of what I could do. has anyone experienced this recently? Any tips. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I am currently doing Chapter 4 on Mentor mode, and it keeps freezing on me before I fight that goofy big ogre mid boss. This did not happen during my Warrior mode play-through. I had the disc cleaned, I installed it to the hard drive. I cleared the cache from the system preferences menu and did not update the game as per some instructions from 2008, and it still did it to me. I went and bought another copy of the game and it freezes at the same exact spot. I am out of ideas of what I could do. has anyone experienced this recently? Any tips. Thanks.

You could try deleting it from the hard drive, install another game, and then install NGII. That way if it is freezing from a bad sector on the hard drive, it will likely write it to somewhere else.

If it is a game engine issue, nothing you can do except persevere. Personally, I don't recall it ever locking up on me other than one time where the whole Xbox froze on me, and a simple power off/power on resolved that. Good luck.

• 11 months later...

I believe the game is very glitched. I have not personally played this game. But I recall seeing my cousin who is somewhat good at this game. (He beat it on Master Ninja and did all Test of Valors on Master Ninja as well). Probably because I read a bit and also my brother told me it was a bit rushed and still had some bugs/glitches that never got fixed. Due to the producer having problems and eventually either getting fired or quitting the company or so. But I noticed and also my cousin was pointing out glitchy/bugs that caused the game to often freeze. I remember my cousin saying it mostly seems to affect mostly Mentor and Master Ninja difficulty. Normal and Easy seem to not suffer much from bugs or freeze ups.

One freeze I recall very well, because my cousin was getting a bit frustrated. Was in Chapter 10, which was called the Temple of Sacrifice I believe. It will crash/freeze when you get to this section near the end. It's after the Test of Valor portal area. Where you have to drop down a bit. And defeat 2 or 3 chainsaw and cannon wielding demons, if you wish. You will see a chest you can open. But if you try to open it, it will just freeze or crash. It's a little before you have to fight that mini boss dragon thing and defeat him to drop a key item. To open the door to that long path way of stairs or so to climb up. This only affected in my cousin's Mentor or Master Ninja play through from my knowledge and memory. So yeah, guess it's sadly a glitch/bug they never got to fix or patch a bit. Due to maybe the game being rushed a bit. Or maybe the drama problem with the original producer of this game.

Sad thing is there may be more glitches/bugs that causes the game to crash/freeze. :( But that's the only one I can recall a bit. Or one my cousin can remember. During his freeze ups, during his time on this game.

Edited by Morrigan Aensland

• 1 year later...